Parasite (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 2, 2020 (BD) - April 30, 2020 (4K)
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: €34.99 (4K) - €29.99 (BD)

81pSV7QqHEL._SY445_.jpg 81LNU-VumHL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!!! I missed the UK release. Glad we get it over here, too. Pre-ordered! (Such a fantastic movie, I'm glad it got all the recognition at the Oscars it derserves!)

And does anyone know the bluray/4k subtitle trick for ps4?
At this point I dont feel like waiting 3 years for Criterion

Last edited:
Figured.

What's the betting UK gets a 4k steel announced after this one has already released.
UK 4K release answer is No
Artificial Eye have no plans to do a 4K release and have not done any 4K UHD releases
Artificial Eye do DVD and Blu-ray releases

That may change in the future but they have no plans at the moment to get involved in doing UHD Discs

Reactions: MM3 and Coolsambob
When it is from Koch-Media it will be a glossy one.
UK and German steelbook is same steelbook
Scanavo have already listed as been Gloss finish

Koch Media have nothing to do with the finish of the steelbook it's a shared print run in UK/Europe

UK/Germany/Italy

Koch Media only involved with the Discs for German release

UK Discs are from Curzon Artificial Eye

Italy Discs are from Eagle Pictures

Last edited:

Koch Media have nothing to do with the finish of the steelbook it's a shared print run in UK/Europe

UK/Germany/Italy

Koch Media only involved with the Discs for German release

UK Discs are from Curzon Artificial Eye

Italy Discs are from Eagle Pictures
Mmh - now I feel I wrote something wrong. But thanks for the info.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: StifflersDad
Is there any final confirmation this has English subs or not?
German koch Media 4K and Blu-ray release on Amaray and mediabook already released German Subtitles only

Steelbook will have same discs but expected to have the replacement corrected discs for HDR issue which might mean release date change

USA is getting a 4K amaray release from Universal in June that will have english subtitles

Found this unboxing video, prefer this on over the French version,.:drool:

Glad we got a UK release so could avoid ordering from amazon.de, they obviously sent this poor guys steel in a cardboard mailer. :pain:

Really worried about my order for Le Mans 66 now considering it sold out and no chance of a replacement. :ohno:

Judging by the spine I'd say Curzon Artificial Eye were behind the design choice and finish. ;)

Found this unboxing video, prefer this on over the French version,.:drool:

Glad we got a UK release so could avoid ordering from amazon.de, they obviously sent this poor guys steel in a cardboard mailer. :pain:

Really worried about my order for Le Mans 66 now considering it sold out and no chance of a replacement. :ohno:

Judging by the spine I'd say Curzon Artificial Eye were behind the design choice and finish. ;)

Looks good I'm also glad I did not order the french steelbook
Yes Curzon done the design of the steelbook which can be clearly seen in the video

UK release has English Subtitles and has both Colour and Black and White cuts of the film
As I don't have a 4K setup I'm not bothered about UK not having a 4K release

Only difference between UK and Germany releases is the discs inside each release

Looks good I'm also glad I did not order the french steelbook
Yes Curzon done the design of the steelbook which can be clearly seen in the video

UK release has English Subtitles and has both Colour and Black and White cuts of the film
As I don't have a 4K setup I'm not bothered about UK not having a 4K release

Only difference between UK and Germany releases is the discs inside each release
So the B/W Version is only on the Blu-Ray?

So the B/W Version is only on the Blu-Ray?
So far UK only as far as I know for B/W cut unless there is another release I'm not aware about
UK release is Blu-ray

German release is from koch media/Capelight different discs to UK release