UK
Release date: February 27, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: $89.99
Notes: UHD, Blu-ray, CD, 2 Bonus Blu-rays

718Cv07d98L._SX466_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Not sure what this includes yet or what kind of set it'll be exactly, but I'm hoping it'll be similar to Capelight's ultimate editions.

Not sure what this includes yet or what kind of set it'll be exactly, but I'm hoping it'll be similar to Capelight's ultimate editions.
Unfortunately, English subs will be highly unlikely, but still waiting on announcement for UK release.
Why we can't get more of his films released on disc over here is a travesty

Unfortunately, English subs will be highly unlikely, but still waiting on announcement for UK release.
Why we can't get more of his films released on disc over here is a travesty

To be fair there have been releases. Optimum did a DVD release of Memories of Murder when it came out. Mother and The Host have had DVD/blu ray releases. Granted these aren't blu ray but not many asian directors get media upgrades at the best of times, though I'm sure we'll get a Vengeance Trilogy 4k release before anything else...

One nice thing about some Blu ray players (like the Oppo 203) - I can watch a disc like this and use downloaded subs (from Subscene) on USB stick and the player adds the subs automatically.

One nice thing about some Blu ray players (like the Oppo 203) - I can watch a disc like this and use downloaded subs (from Subscene) on USB stick and the player adds the subs automatically.

Do you or anyone else know about other players that can do this (getting external subtitles)?

Your best bet would be the Cambridge 4K Blu ray player - they are considered to be clones of the Oppo 203 - so maybe they carry that feature too.
Cambridge CXUHD seems to be also out of production, and even it is a clone of the Oppo 203, it does not also clone the price which is double or more. I was also saw the CXUHD few years ago before getting my Oppo 203, but when I saw the price, I instantly forgot about it.

I was hopping someone will say that some of the Panasonic UB's (900, 9000, or even 420 or 820) can do such thing.

Cambridge CXUHD seems to be also out of production, and even it is a clone of the Oppo 203, it does not also clone the price which is double or more. I was also saw the CXUHD few years ago before getting my Oppo 203, but when I saw the price, I instantly forgot about it.

I was hopping someone will say that some of the Panasonic UB's (900, 9000, or even 420 or 820) can do such thing.
I guess so.
thread:

“Thank you for contacting Cambridge Audio.
The CXUHD is out of production and we don't have any plans for a future model. Of course, this could change in the future, but no plans that I know of.
Thank you and we hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Cambridge Audio"

hopefully someone can chime in who owns one of the other Players.

Reactions: Felix_ro
CANCELED:
A friend asked a German retailer what was going on when the product disappeared from several webshops. He was presented this reply, which came from Koch Media originally:

It basically says what @komor put down already. They tried for weeks to get their concepts approved, but ultimately failed, because the licensor rejected all designs.

Source