Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: February 27, 2020
Purchase link: Cover A - Cover B
Price: €34.99

Cover A - Cover B
91aLHq2ZqtL._SX466_.jpg 81r8+i5PsZL._SY550_.jpg

Koch Media Editions never have english subtitles, even the ones with English as original speech don`t have some.
Damn, I wasn't aware of that. :(

Will we actually get a nice edition of this film with English subs?! Because it's not looking very likely so far. (n)

There is another thing I like to mention: Because this edition is a 3 Disc Edition you can await damages on the inner booklet (on the side with the 2 Discs). It would be no problem, if they inserted a flyer or something, but they don`t do it, although it would be nessecary. The 4 Discs ones like Dog Soldiers were in perfect condition, maybe it is the better balancing, that awares the 4Disc ones from damage. But titles like Heathers or Elmer with 3 Discs had this letdown.That is something I can`t understand, because the only thing you can do in this case, is to order from Amazon and send them back as long as you get an undamaged one, but that is a thing I don`t do so likely and Amazon often scratches them up or dent it. Pretz-Media uses Bubble wrapped Packaging and I never had problems with dents etc. , but the problem with the inner pages of the 3-Disc Editions is there, no matter where you buy from. Capelight does it better, they put a flyer between the Blu-Ray-tray and booklet and the Back flyer and can be put between the DVDTray and the booklet - problem solved. Maybe it gets better in the future, because I like this Label and they bring out so much titles everybody asked for and they do a nice job at all.

Last edited:
The collectors edition of Parasite was cancelled, because the negotiations with the licensor failed.

Bummer! Have they announced the cancellation publicly any where?
A friend asked a German retailer what was going on when the product disappeared from several webshops. He was presented this reply, which came from Koch Media originally:
(...) Leider müssen wir die Ultimate Edition von "Parasite" canceln. Sämtliche Ideen für die Edition wurden leider vom Lizenzgeber auch nach wochenlangen Verhandlungen abgeblockt. Alle anderen Editionen, auch die Mediabooks, erscheinen aber wie geplant. (...)

It basically says what @komor put down already. They tried for weeks to get their concepts approved, but ultimately failed, because the licensor rejected all designs.

Source

A friend asked a German retailer what was going on when the product disappeared from several webshops. He was presented this reply, which came from Koch Media originally:

It basically says what @komor put down already. They tried for weeks to get their concepts approved, but ultimately failed, because the licensor rejected all designs.

Source
Thanks for sharing! But damn, that sucks. (n)

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Will the Mediabooks differ (form and size) from each other like it was with "Suspiria", does anybody know?