Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: February 27, 2020
Purchase link: Cover A - Cover B
Price: €34.99

Cover A - Cover B
91aLHq2ZqtL._SX466_.jpg 81r8+i5PsZL._SY550_.jpg

Little off topic, but the UK gets their theatrical release of Parasite on February 7th, so hopefully they'll announce an English friendly version around that time (or get the US Blu-ray, released tomorrow)

Reactions: jasong
Wonder if this release will have English subtitles and or Audio. Was reading the French steel has no English subtitles.

Will the Mediabooks differ (form and size) from each other like it was with "Suspiria", does anybody know?
Answer by Koch regarding the different Mediabooks:
This will be analog to the "Suspiria" release, but this time both will be released by Koch. Type A will have G2 Blu-ray height with a thick spine. Type B will have the Capelight measurements (G1) like all the Capelight Mediabooks released over the past years.

1580207023010.png

-------
1580207033895.png

Wonder if this release will have English subtitles and or Audio. Was reading the French steel has no English subtitles.
This will have German and Korean Audio in DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 and German subtitles.
Is there even an English dubbing for this movie?

• Informative
Reactions: darczap
This will have German and Korean Audio in DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 and German subtitles.
Is there even an English dubbing for this movie?

Thanks. I’m not sure if there is an English dubbing I just presumed so. USA is getting a bluray only. Would love to find a 4k disc with English subs, if it exists.

Little off topic, but the UK gets their theatrical release of Parasite on February 7th, so hopefully they'll announce an English friendly version around that time (or get the US Blu-ray, released tomorrow)

I DM'd Artificial Eye on Twitter and they said:

"no plans for a 4K UHD disc for Parasite here in the UK, just a standard Blu-ray"

Which I'd expected, to be honest, as it would be their first 4k release if they did...

• Informative
Reactions: Scraggy
Answer by Koch regarding the different Mediabooks:
This will be analog to the "Suspiria" release, but this time both will be released by Koch. Type A will have G2 Blu-ray height with a thick spine. Type B will have the Capelight measurements (G1) like all the Capelight Mediabooks released over the past years.

View attachment 460479
-------View attachment 460480
The Suspiria (Capelight G1) release was also a Koch-Films- release. Both labels and "Amazon Studios" were involved in this release. I think the only difference is the manufacturing-style and that the other G2 release is from "Koch-Media" and not from "Koch-Films".
But what difference does it make - it is the same label. It is kind of confusing me what they do, but these co-operations of the labels are not seldom, when it comes to Mediabook releases.
20200210_150757_2.jpg
20200210_150849_2.jpg

Reactions: jc2ssych
My initial question on this was all about the different sizes. I like both designs, so for me it's a question of which Mediabook type I like most, and since I have several G1 Mediabooks already, I will likely go with cover B then.
Don't really care about which label releases which Mediabook.

Reactions: komor
The G1 sized is made by capelight pictures and the other is a G2 sized fatter one by Koch Films (not Koch Media anymore). Koch also distributes both, but who cares.

I badly need an English version!! Outer design looks amazing, but I'd only ever buy it in English (or Korean, even though I can't read Korean, I don't mind having stuff in original language)

Reactions: Noodles
I badly need an English version!! Outer design looks amazing, but I'd only ever buy it in English (or Korean, even though I can't read Korean, I don't mind having stuff in original language)
Ditto. As much as I love the look of these, I can't justify buying them just for the packaging, since the non-English friendly discs would be useless to me. I did originally pre-order both, but eventually came to my senses and cancelled them... mainly just because I'm broke right now and can't afford them, but still lol.

I ordered the A cover, because I was never a big fan of the G1 books.... G1 size has nothing to do with the Blu-ray format in my opinion... So I'm happy they offer two different covers in two different sizes! :)

I ordered the A cover, because I was never a big fan of the G1 books.... G1 size has nothing to do with the Blu-ray format in my opinion... So I'm happy they offer two different covers in two different sizes! :)
I don`t like the thick spine, but they have cool covers on almost every edition. The best ones are The Sect, Prison, The Way of the Gun (with thinner spine) and Ambulance I think.

91NUU85u4GL._SY550_.jpg
91MWDTVbp2L._SL1500_.jpg
index.jpeg
91tMinGAxnL._SL1500_.jpg

There has been an error in the disc production and the wrong master got sent to Koch Films. This means, the included 4K master is using SDR instead of HDR and will be replaced for the upcoming steelbook editions while the mediabook will have faulty 4K discs due to its earlier release tomorrow. If you buy a mediabook edition of the film, you have to mail proof of purchase to Capelight/Koch Media via [email protected] and you will get sent a new pair of 4K discs once they have been produced.

I just thought I'd mention, that in cases where I'm double or triple dipping, I no longer care if the discs have English subs/dubs or not.
As long as I have an English friendly copy to watch with best PQ/AQ, the other editions I'm usually purchasing for art (Box/slip/steel/etc) anyway. :)