Parasite (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase links: HMV - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £22.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £29.99 (Zoom)
Notes: Region B Locked

Parasite 1.jpg
Parasite 3.jpg Parasite 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, to everyone.

I am hosting a GB for a custom-made fullslip for this 'Parasite' steelbook.
You all are invited to visit the thread and watch the photos of the fullslip.

It seems they cancelled the steelbook editions or they are sold out.
Not cancelled or sold out
Amazon are not taking any new orders with release date after 24th for non essential products.

Existing pre orders done will be processed but there might be delay in shipping orders

Not cancelled or sold out
Amazon are not taking any new orders with release date after 24th for non essential products.

Existing pre orders done will be processed but there might be delay in shipping orders
Has it something to do with the Mediabooks and their discs with the wrong codec?

Has it something to do with the Mediabooks and their discs with the wrong codec?
No Amazon have all pre order products of DVD/Blu-ray etc as unavailable with release date after 24th

Amazon only taking orders for essential products

A Blu-ray disc is not essential product

No Amazon have all pre order products of DVD/Blu-ray etc as unavailable with release date after 24th

That`s bad to hear, so the rests of the pre-orders will be delivered but only those? There are some on E-bay for very high prices.

They are taking orders for in-stock titles, though, albeit with long delivery times (currently next Wednesday for Prime items ordered today). I imagine for the reasons you described. As for pre-orders with release dates beyond 24 March, I wouldn't be surprised if the production of these gets delayed and the release dates pushed back anyway.

Future releases are now back available for pre-order at Amazon (but not this title, though, I'm afraid).

Future releases are now back available for pre-order at Amazon (but not this title, though, I'm afraid).
For now yes but Amazon will be reviewing pre order Blu-ray/DVD/UHD releases over the coming weeks/months and you will likely see some releases as unavailable at various times depending on the demand they get for essential products.

Distributors with their own on-line store have been sending out similar email as below

From the beginning of April, as major retailers (including online) scale back the number of products they carry to prioritise essentials, it is likely that the availability of new releases will be affected and customers may experience difficulties in obtaining titles through their usual channels.

I have got the message from Powerhouse/Network and a few other distributors
Distributors with their own webstore will have the new releases to order on-line

Note
This could also change if restrictions are put in place on products
A lot thought could change in coming months as transport network could be restricted to delivering only essential products

Reactions: RedFridge007
For now yes but Amazon will be reviewing pre order Blu-ray/DVD/UHD releases over the coming weeks/months and you will likely see some releases as unavailable at various times depending on the demand they get for essential products.

Distributors with their own on-line store have been sending out similar email as below

From the beginning of April, as major retailers (including online) scale back the number of products they carry to prioritise essentials, it is likely that the availability of new releases will be affected and customers may experience difficulties in obtaining titles through their usual channels.

I have got the message from Powerhouse/Network and a few other distributors
Distributors with their own webstore will have the new releases to order on-line

Note
This could also change if restrictions are put in place on products
A lot thought could change in coming months as transport network could be restricted to delivering only essential products
Indeed, and understandably so.

Reactions: paulboland
Unboxing video is in German thread you can see it better with the video

Steelbook design is by Curzon shared print run only difference is the discs

Paul, do you think my pre-order placed before the pandemic will be cancelled as Amazon UK is not shipping to the USA currently?