Horror-TV Penny Dreadful (Cancelled) [Showtime]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
IMG_9024.JPG

Penny Dreadful
Many people are familiar with classic literary characters like Dr. Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. "Penny Dreadful" brings those and other characters into a new light by exploring their origin stories in this psychological thriller that takes place in the dark corners of Victorian London. Sir Malcolm is an explorer who has lost his daughter to the city's creatures, and he will do whatever is needed to get her back and to right past wrongs. His accomplice, seductive clairvoyant Vanessa Ives, recruits charming American Ethan Chandler to help locate Sir Malcolm's daughter and slay some monsters. Oscar-winner Sam Mendes ("American Beauty") is one of the series' executive producers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I love this show! S1 & S2 was awesome :drool::notworthy: Can't wait for S3 :woot:

Such a let down that there is no worthy Blu-ray Release for both. The Target Slipcovers are gone and pricey and besides them theres just the french Digipack for S1 :sour:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MGD and earthscope
Enjoy this free episode from SHOWTIME. Vanessa seeks the help of Dr. Seward (Patti LuPone) to battle a new evil in the new Season 3 premiere. New episodes Sundays at 10pm ET/PT beginning 5/1. Order SHOWTIME now! Starring Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, and Timothy Dalton.

In Season 3 of Penny Dreadful, Vanessa Ives (Eva Green) accepting her demons could exact a terrible cost and plunge the world into darkness, while Ethan Chandler (Josh Hartnett), Dr. Frankenstein (Harry Treadaway), Dorian Gray (Reeve Carney), Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton), the Creature, and Lily (Billie Piper) must each face their own monstrous selves.

I got some catching up to do but I think this show is great. We work very different hours me and my gf. We started out watching together but she just ran away with it, lol.

So she's ready, I'm still on S1. :p

Thanks Matthew:)

Reactions: MGD
Enjoy this free episode from SHOWTIME. Vanessa seeks the help of Dr. Seward (Patti LuPone) to battle a new evil in the new Season 3 premiere. New episodes Sundays at 10pm ET/PT beginning 5/1. Order SHOWTIME now! Starring Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, and Timothy Dalton.

In Season 3 of Penny Dreadful, Vanessa Ives (Eva Green) accepting her demons could exact a terrible cost and plunge the world into darkness, while Ethan Chandler (Josh Hartnett), Dr. Frankenstein (Harry Treadaway), Dorian Gray (Reeve Carney), Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton), the Creature, and Lily (Billie Piper) must each face their own monstrous selves.

AWESOME! :woot: Thanks @MGD :notworthy:, I know what I'm watching tomorrow at work during my lunch break! :naughty: :D Tonight belongs to GoT! :drool:

Reactions: MGD
(i'm not caught up, so I have no clue what happened!)

Showtime has announced that last night's Penny Dreadful season finale was the final episode of the series.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007