Phase IV (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (101 Films Black Label) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: April 6, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - 101 Films
Price: £16.99 (Zavvi) - £15.99 (HMV) - £15 (101 Films)

Phase IV.jpg

Disc 1

NEW RESTORATION OF THE FILM

• The Original Saul Bass ending (plus optional commentary)
  • An Ant's Life: Contextualising Phase IV, a documentary on the film's influences
  • Commentary with film historians Allan Bryce and Richard Holliss
  • Limited Edition Booklet: includes Phase IV by Deborah Allison, and Adapt or Die: Killer Bug Cinema and Phase IV by Liam Hathaway
Disc 2
  • Saul Bass: Short Films
    • The Searching Eye (1964)
    • Why Man Creates (1968)
    • Bass on Titles (1977)
    • Notes on the Popular Arts (1978)
    • The Solar Film (1980)
    • Quest (1984) (new HD restoration)

Last edited by a moderator:

steelmybeatingheart

salvation lies within
Premium Supporter
Jul 6, 2016
London
many thanks, @Scraggy, beat me to it! :thumbs: this is great, for me one of those films like The Andromeda Strain that has enough about it - atmosphere, science and wierdess - to overcome any other aspects that may have dated. it's not a perfect film, but it's certainly an interesting one, will be buying. :woot: will go well with the soundtrack release.

for anyone who doesn't know what this is, here's two trailers - the original, trippy, all over the place one, followed by a 'modern' version, which plays better :watch::

Reactions: Scraggy
Dec 13, 2018
Couldn't agree more @steelmybeatingheart . Watched this as a young 'un on TV, so many years ago, & when the Carlotta edition was announced, was really tempted, but could not justify spending that much on a film which my perspective on would certainly have changed over the years
The new restoration & whole bunch of extras have sold me on this, even with my experience with previous 101 Films regarding picture & audio quality.
Thanks for the trailers :thanks:

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Oct 9, 2019
In France there is also a release in the next time. Additional a collectors book with slipbox is availible for pre order. All editions look very good I think.
1585090997279.png
1585090833789.png

Robles

Premium Supporter
Nov 9, 2018
UK
Only just come across this thread :thumbs:

Definitely another that ill be adding to my collection. 101 have a few good releases coming out :happy: