Waxwork Records Phase IV - OST by Brian Gascoigne (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Released: March 4, 2017
Purchase: Waxwork Records
Price: $27

Note: The lost, 1974 experimental-synth soundtrack to the Saul Bass directed unsung-science-fiction gem, PHASE IV, is on sale and shipping. Available for the very first time in any format and regarded as a holy grail amongst soundtrack lovers

180 gram "100 % Yellow" colored Vinyl (and regular black), heavyweight old-style gatefold jacket, includes 12 page booklet featuring unreleased archival photography, production stills, and conceptual art by Saul Bass, Liner notes by Sean Savage of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Full package artwork by Kilian Eng

Phase_IV_Yellow_b.jpg
Phase_IV_Yellow_c.jpg

Phase_IV_Web.jpg

Phase_IV_Yellow.jpg

PHASE_IV_Back_Cover_web.jpg

PHASE_IV_Gate_Inside_Web.jpg

The lost 1974 score, available for the first time ever in any format.

Music composed by Brian Gascoigne, Desmond Briscoe, David Vorhaus, and Stomu Yamashta.

Pressed on 180 gram Classic Black Vinyl or 180 Gram Yellow Vinyl.

Features deluxe packaging, heavyweight old-style gatefold jackets, includes 12 page booklet featuring unreleased archival photography, production stills, and conceptual art by Saul Bass.

Liner notes by Sean Savage of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Full package artwork by Kilian Eng.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
outstanding! i love this film, and everyone i mention it to hasn't even heard of it. one of those old school low-effects high-idea sci-fis that stay with you for ages. plus the score is just wonderful and fits the film perfectly. :thumbs:

"We knew then, that we were being changed... and made part of their world. We didn't know for what purpose... but we knew, we would be told."
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
outstanding! i love this film, and everyone i mention it to hasn't even heard of it. one of those old school low-effects high-idea sci-fis that stay with you for ages. plus the score is just wonderful and fits the film perfectly. :thumbs:

"We knew then, that we were being changed... and made part of their world. We didn't know for what purpose... but we knew, we would be told."
giphy.gif

I also never heard of it. And I didn't even knew that Saul Bass directed a full movie. I only knew him from his title sequences, graphic designs and the logos he created.
Need to do a little research on the score and the movie!

I also never heard of it. And I didn't even knew that Saul Bass directed a full movie. I only knew him from his title sequences, graphic designs and the logos he created.
Need to do a little research on the score and the movie!
just checked out the Rotten Tomatoes scores: not great, just above 50%. quite frankly, that surprises me. it's a low key, slow little thriller, and i've no doubt it's not for everyone, but i've always enjoyed it. hope you get to see it somehow if you want to. :thumbs: :)

• Thanks
happy days. :) if there are some out there who'd like to see what this package looks like, mine has recently arrived, in hand shots below. excellent mail packaging from the guys at Waxwork. :thumbs:

appreciate the film is a less-known sci-fi oddity - the restrained tone and slower pace is closer to films like The Andromeda Strain and the like - but the soundtrack is pretty far out at times. i think they have done an excellent job with the package. :happy:

covers, gatefold & vinyl - really like the artwork on these, striking imagery:

the insert has some spoilers for the film in some of the imagery, so i've not included those shots. the written sections also have details of some of the difficulties Saul Bass had in making a film about lethally intelligent ants - which is fairly understandable, really.

not sure if this will make you want to buy it any more than you did before, but there you have it! :)

• Helpful Post