Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price:
£24.99 (Amazo-Hmv) - £29.99 (Arrow-Amazon) - £34.99

16640987_1460138077353515_2643282001198040933_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SeppeDR
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three versions of the film: the 116-minute Italian, 110-minute international and 83-minute “Creepers” cuts

• New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements

• New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*

• Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo

• English soundtrack for the 110-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo

• English soundtrack for the 83-minute version in lossless PCM 1.0 mono

• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack

• New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films

• The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena

• New feature-length documentary including exclusive interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiorenza Tessari and Davide Marotta, co-writer Franco Ferrini, production manager Angelo Jacono, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell

• Original Italian and English theatrical trailers

• Limited edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by Mikel J. Koven, Rachael Nisbet and Leonard Jacobs

• Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp

* The 116-minute Italian cut features approximately six minutes of footage for which English audio does not exist. In these instances, the hybrid track reverts to Italian audio with English subtitles.

Last edited:
This release is a new 4K restoration and not the same used in Synapse Films release which was a 1080p scan

Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release

Got the previous Arrow window slipbox and steelbook, both having identical disc content, and pq is good enough for me on those, so i wont be triple dipping. Getting too expensive now to keep up with re-releases, so i am drawing lines!

.......but for those that are interested, i got an Arrow Video newsletter last weekend that stated that this this was 40% sold out (from the Arrow online shop).......of course, not knowing what Arrow Video's numbers are, after allocating a certain amount to other outlets ( Amazon, Zavvi, HMV, etc). This has also been Amazon's number 1 Best Seller in horror since being up for pre order. Still, i dont recall Arrow stating the print run on this release, as they haven't with a couple of other so called "limited editions" either - so they must know the print run, but just not giving out that info to the public for some reason, unless i've missed something of course.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: justboy
This set is limited to 5000, and the full specs are on Arrow films facebook. Anybody know whats exclusive to this limited set?

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all three versions of the film: the 116-minute Italian, 110-minute international and 83-minute “Creepers” cuts
• New 5.1 surround mixes of the Italian (116-minute) and English (110-minute) soundtracks in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio, derived from the original 4-channel Dolby Stereo elements
• New hybrid English/Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo*
• Italian soundtrack for the 116-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
• English soundtrack for the 110-minute version in lossless PCM 2.0 stereo
• English soundtrack for the 83-minute version in lossless PCM 1.0 mono
• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
• The Three Sarcophagi, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie comparing the different cuts of Phenomena
• Of Flies and Maggots, a new feature-length documentary including interviews with co-writer/producer/director Dario Argento, actors Fiore Argento, Davide Marotta, Daria Nicolodi and Fiorenza Tessari, co-writer Franco Ferrini, cinematographer Romano Albani, production manager Angelo Jacono, assistant director Michele Soavi, special optical effects artist Luigi Cozzi, special makeup effects artist Sergio Stivaletti, makeup artist Pier Antonio Mecacci, underwater camera operator Gianlorenzo Battaglia, and composers Claudio Simonetti and Simon Boswell
• Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
• “Jennifer” music video, directed by Dario Argento
• Rare Japanese vintage pressbook
• Remastered soundtrack CD featuring the complete Goblin instrumental soundtrack, plus four bonus tracks by Simon Boswell and Andi Sex Gang
• Limited edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by Mikel J. Koven, Rachael Nisbet and Leonard Jacobs
• Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp

* The 116-minute Italian cut features approximately six minutes of footage for which English audio does not exist. In these instances, the hybrid track reverts to Italian audio with English subtitles.

*Limited to 5,000!*

I drew a line at this release a while back, swore i wouldn't triple dip on this. Well, over the weekend i scrubbed that line out......and triple dipped - DAMN IT, ARROW!! Got it for £21 with reward points though, which is some consolation.

Last edited:
This is a bestseller on Amazon ( number 1 in horror) and has been numerous times since it went up for pre order. Might sell out soon, so if you're interested............

Man I still want the original Arrow steel but this will keep me satisfied until I get my hands on it. Looking forward to it package is looking superb. :thumbs:

Man I still want the original Arrow steel but this will keep me satisfied until I get my hands on it. Looking forward to it package is looking superb. :thumbs:
Yeah, the steel is nice - the back art to it is "way out there". This release looks great too, though. Packaging looks superb, as you said, and i am really looking forward to getting this now - after swearing i wouldnt triple dip. Ha, I guess Arrow did a number on me...........AGAIN!

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard