Pics of Your Newest Building Set Acquired

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Show off your newest sets from whatever brand!

Attachments

• BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,364
image.jpeg
most of my Lego is Star Wars related with a few other sets thrown in like the wall-e, mystery machine and ghostbusters sets, but I bought this to keep me occupied before the second annual 'big Star Wars build' on New Year's Eve, this year it's the UCS tie fighter to go alongside last years UCS Slave 1.

Finally decided to start buying some more Lego sets... I'm trying to limit myself to just Star Wars, but there's so many other awesome sets that are very tempting! :ohno:

I only had Rey's Speeder up until recently... I picked up Luke's Landspeeder last week, and then just got the Desert Skiff and AT-ST today. :D

Finally decided to start buying some more Lego sets... I'm trying to limit myself to just Star Wars, but there's so many other awesome sets that are very tempting! :ohno:

I only had Rey's Speeder up until recently... I picked up Luke's Landspeeder last week, and then just got the Desert Skiff and AT-ST today. :D

Rey's Speeder was also my first one :) Got the AT-ST, he's really great to build, and to look at ^^ Desert Skiff looks great, even though I told myself to only buy ESB LEGOs, I might buy this one to get the Chewie minifigure ! The rest of them I'll get them with the 75137 :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Rey's Speeder was also my first one :) Got the AT-ST, he's really great to build, and to look at ^^ Desert Skiff looks great, even though I told myself to only buy ESB LEGOs, I might buy this one to get the Chewie minifigure ! The rest of them I'll get them with the 75137 :)
Rey's Speeder is still possibly my favourite... mainly because it was very affordable for what it is - it's a decent likeness and size and comes with a nice amount of minifigures. If they'd also included a BB-8, then that would've been the icing on the cake! :D

I was trying to decide between getting the Desert Skiff or the Freezing Chamber set, as I mainly wanted them for the minifigs... obviously I settled with the Skiff in the end, as it also came with Chewy. Have to say I'm still tempted to pick up the Freezing Chamber as well though. :p

I just saw your photo a few posts up... very nice lineup so far mate. :thumbs:

Rey's Speeder is still possibly my favourite... mainly because it was very affordable for what it is - it's a decent likeness and size and comes with a nice amount of minifigures. If they'd also included a BB-8, then that would've been the icing on the cake! :D

I was trying to decide between getting the Desert Skiff or the Freezing Chamber set, as I mainly wanted them for the minifigs... obviously I settled with the Skiff in the end, as it also came with Chewy. Have to say I'm still tempted to pick up the Freezing Chamber as well though. :p

I just saw your photo a few posts up... very nice lineup so far mate. :thumbs:
Thanks ;) Ah yes I wish Rey's Speeder would have came with a BB-8 ! But indeed for what it is it's quite affordable :) And I just thought that actually I might not pick up Freezing Chamber after all as I'm planning to get Slave I UCS, and I just saw that there's actually pretty much the same mini-figures.. So I'll probably get the same one you did to get Chewie, and I'm still waiting for a set that includes Bespin Leia, Vader, and I'll get some troopers from a Battle Pack I think, and for the Bespin Guards.. I'll have to wait for LEGO to wake up and make a Bespin set with some guards !!! :p ^^ And I'd also like to get some Hoth sets, but there's really nothing great currently.. the UCS is just too damn expensive for what it is, it doesn't even feature Leia.. I guess I'll have to wait to get Leia in my favorite suit: Hoth Leia ! :)

• Thanks
Thanks ;) Ah yes I wish Rey's Speeder would have came with a BB-8 ! But indeed for what it is it's quite affordable :) And I just thought that actually I might not pick up Freezing Chamber after all as I'm planning to get Slave I UCS, and I just saw that there's actually pretty much the same mini-figures.. So I'll probably get the same one you did to get Chewie, and I'm still waiting for a set that includes Bespin Leia, Vader, and I'll get some troopers from a Battle Pack I think, and for the Bespin Guards.. I'll have to wait for LEGO to wake up and make a Bespin set with some guards !!! :p ^^ And I'd also like to get some Hoth sets, but there's really nothing great currently.. the UCS is just too damn expensive for what it is, it doesn't even feature Leia.. I guess I'll have to wait to get Leia in my favorite suit: Hoth Leia ! :)
Cool choice! I'd love to get the Slave I, but I can't convince myself to spend £100+ on Lego... hell, it took me a week just to press the buy button on the AT-ST, and that was only £40. Yeah, they definitely need to make more sets that include different variations of Leia. I really want to expand my trooper minifig collection too... so far I only one of the older Stormtroopers, and that's because someone kindly gave it to me. You're right about the Hoth sets... none of the existing are too appealing at the moment, so hopefully they make new/better ones at some point.

Cool choice! I'd love to get the Slave I, but I can't convince myself to spend £100+ on Lego... hell, it took me a week just to press the buy button on the AT-ST, and that was only £40. Yeah, they definitely need to make more sets that include different variations of Leia. I really want to expand my trooper minifig collection too... so far I only one of the older Stormtroopers, and that's because someone kindly gave it to me. You're right about the Hoth sets... none of the existing are too appealing at the moment, so hopefully they make new/better ones at some point.
Ahah, also took me time to buy the AT-ST, and I got it for 35€ ^^ But now that I bought some LEGO sets, there's no going back.. but once I'll have bought the Slave I and TIE Fighter UCS, I guess I'll only have small (cheap) sets to buy, and I'll be fine ^^
I also only have one old trooper, and it was from the advent calendar ^^ They should have included one in the AT-ST if you ask me..
Yes, with hopefully a new AT-AT !!!! With 3-4 Snowtroopers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, General Veers, and maybe Luke ? I'd buy this even if it's 150€ :p
Oh, and also, I hope they release a TFA version Falcon UCS :D 'cause good luck to get your hands on the older UCS version...

Ahah, also took me time to buy the AT-ST, and I got it for 35€ ^^ But now that I bought some LEGO sets, there's no going back.. but once I'll have bought the Slave I and TIE Fighter UCS, I guess I'll only have small (cheap) sets to buy, and I'll be fine ^^
I also only have one old trooper, and it was from the advent calendar ^^ They should have included one in the AT-ST if you ask me..
Yes, with hopefully a new AT-AT !!!! With 3-4 Snowtroopers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, General Veers, and maybe Luke ? I'd buy this even if it's 150€ :p
Oh, and also, I hope they release a TFA version Falcon UCS :D 'cause good luck to get your hands on the older UCS version...
I've only just seen the Tie Fighter UCS after you mentioned it... now I want that too haha. Are those advent calendars worth getting? I almost bought one last year, but they often seem to be filled with really random stuff that doesn't interest me... I only want the minifigs lol. An AT-AT is one of my main wants, but like you said... they're so bloody expensive! Another issue with the bigger sets for me (as well as the prices) is the space they require... I struggled finding room to display my AT-ST, so I'd probably have no chance with displaying any of the UCS sets unfortunately... unless I invest in some more shelves, of course, which is more than likely to happen sooner or later!

I've only just seen the Tie Fighter UCS after you mentioned it... now I want that too haha. Are those advent calendars worth getting? I almost bought one last year, but they often seem to be filled with really random stuff that doesn't interest me... I only want the minifigs lol. An AT-AT is one of my main wants, but like you said... they're so bloody expensive! Another issue with the bigger sets for me (as well as the prices) is the space they require... I struggled finding room to display my AT-ST, so I'd probably have no chance with displaying any of the UCS sets unfortunately... unless I invest in some more shelves, of course, which is more than likely to happen sooner or later!
Honestly, yes they are worth it ! I almost didn't buy it, but found it for 20€ instead of the 35€ asked price, and this thing is filled with great stuff :) Even if it's just for the mini-figs, you'll be happy ! I personnaly loved every single one mini-figs that was in it (apart from the battle droid..) and almost every small ships :) Also, most of these figs are quite rare, you can find them in only 1 or 2 other sets, and you always have at least one exclusive mini-fig included :)
Well yes the AT-AT is expensive, especially now that it's no longer sold by LEGO, you can only find them on eBay and others..
Yes that's another problem, and I too don't have any space for them right now. But honestly I don't want to pay these UCS 4x the price when I'll finally have the space. I prefere to buy the ones I really want right now at the normal price, and build them when I'll be able to.

Cool choice! I'd love to get the Slave I, but I can't convince myself to spend £100+ on Lego... hell, it took me a week just to press the buy button on the AT-ST, and that was only £40.

My advice would be to join the Lego VIP scheme, and then buy your Lego via the Lego shop or online, some sets are a little bit more buying them directly from Lego but they quite often have some cool giveaways (free minifigs or seasonal exclusive freebies if you spend over a certain amount) plus you get VIP reward points with every purchase, you get a point for every £1 you spend and a £5 voucher on your account for every 100 points you save, with bonus points on some sets and double point promotions now and again, so you can save up quite a lot of money on the bonus card quite quickly.

Another bit of advice is wait for the promotions, last years 'Brick Friday' had some great deals in it. I got the UCS tie fighter in the sale reduced from £169 to £135, minus the VIP points I'd saved brought it down to just over £100... Plus you get VIP points on that purchase so your already on £5 towards your next set! that's an absolute steal in my opinion.

image.jpeg

• Helpful Post
Apologies for not replying to you guys sooner... I remember reading your posts, but must have got sidetracked (as I often do :p) and then forgot to reply.
Honestly, yes they are worth it ! I almost didn't buy it, but found it for 20€ instead of the 35€ asked price, and this thing is filled with great stuff :) Even if it's just for the mini-figs, you'll be happy ! I personnaly loved every single one mini-figs that was in it (apart from the battle droid..) and almost every small ships :) Also, most of these figs are quite rare, you can find them in only 1 or 2 other sets, and you always have at least one exclusive mini-fig included :)
Well yes the AT-AT is expensive, especially now that it's no longer sold by LEGO, you can only find them on eBay and others..
Yes that's another problem, and I too don't have any space for them right now. But honestly I don't want to pay these UCS 4x the price when I'll finally have the space. I prefere to buy the ones I really want right now at the normal price, and build them when I'll be able to.
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll be buying one of the calendars next Christmas then :D. I've been watching a few AT-AT auctions on eBay, but I'd probably need to take out a loan to actually win any of them! Usually patience pays off for me in the end though, so I'll just wait it out and hope that someday I'll get one for the right price :). Same here mate... I'm currently only buying the sets I actually have space for, as it'd be a crime to have them stay in the boxes out of sight. I've already been out and bought a new shelf just to display Lego on :LOL:.

My advice would be to join the Lego VIP scheme, and then buy your Lego via the Lego shop or online, some sets are a little bit more buying them directly from Lego but they quite often have some cool giveaways (free minifigs or seasonal exclusive freebies if you spend over a certain amount) plus you get VIP reward points with every purchase, you get a point for every £1 you spend and a £5 voucher on your account for every 100 points you save, with bonus points on some sets and double point promotions now and again, so you can save up quite a lot of money on the bonus card quite quickly.

Another bit of advice is wait for the promotions, last years 'Brick Friday' had some great deals in it. I got the UCS tie fighter in the sale reduced from £169 to £135, minus the VIP points I'd saved brought it down to just over £100... Plus you get VIP points on that purchase so your already on £5 towards your next set! that's an absolute steal in my opinion.

View attachment 285499
I'd never heard of the Lego VIP scheme before... sounds pretty useful if you buy a lot of Lego. I'll certainly look in to it anyway... can't hurt to spend a few extra pence buying directly from them if it's going to earn me points :D. Whoa, nice deal! Now I regret not getting in to Lego sooner, as I've obviously just missed the Black Friday sales (n). Will definitely keep an eye out next time though. Thanks for the heads up mate! :thumbs:

Reactions: Bobthesub
Apologies for not replying to you guys sooner... I remember reading your posts, but must have got sidetracked (as I often do :p) and then forgot to reply.

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll be buying one of the calendars next Christmas then :D. I've been watching a few AT-AT auctions on eBay, but I'd probably need to take out a loan to actually win any of them! Usually patience pays off for me in the end though, so I'll just wait it out and hope that someday I'll get one for the right price :). Same here mate... I'm currently only buying the sets I actually have space for, as it'd be a crime to have them stay in the boxes out of sight. I've already been out and bought a new shelf just to display Lego on :LOL:.
I'd advise you to buy your sets from http://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page rather than ebay, prices are a bit cheaper and you'll probably find people from your country selling wichever set you want :)

:LOL: That's probably not a great idea to stop buying LEGO :D