Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4 Steelbook for all important markets

Jun 24, 2013
Hi,

Steelbooks for the first Pirates of the Caribbean films got released only in the USA and United Kingdom. A true Steelbook of part 4 never got released in the USA and the British Steelbook with the printed rear and the blue banner is horrible.

Even the three Zavvi UK Steelbooks for part 1-3 are disappointing with the boring artworks. Steelbooks from part 1-4 don't exist in Germany, Italy, Spain, France and other countries, yet. So new Steelbooks, maybe from Zavvi, with those amazing artworks from the 2017 slipcovers and nice embossings on the title, border, skeleton (part 1) and skull (part 2) would be perfect.

Pirates1.jpgPirates2.jpgPirates3.jpgPirates4.jpg

Maybe some repesentative from Zavvi or Disney could take a look into this forum and make the right decision. Zavvi made so many very nice Disney Steelbooks like King Arthur and Real Steel, it's time for PERFECT Pirates of the Caribbean Steelbooks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I´d totally buy a nice matching set of SteelBooks too..

if needed they could just include a 4K disc when available.. might just have more people going for them

• Thanks
Reactions: Greyback
I´d totally buy a nice matching set of SteelBooks too..

if needed they could just include a 4K disc when available.. might just have more people going for them

The problem with 4K is here, part 1-4 was finished on a 2K DI. So a 4K disc would be only an upscale.

I couldn´t care less about 4K, but at some point they surely do a new 4k scan

Unfortunately, on some older titles like Predator or The Mummy, the transfer for the 1080p Blu-ray is garbage, so I want new remastered 1080p Blu-rays based on the new 4K transfers. I have no interest in expensive UHD Discs.
In this case, all four films have a very good picture quality, so I'm only interested in a better packaging. That would be no problem for Disney or Zavvi, they made Steelbooks for Hocus Pocus and Bolt.

I don't think Disney would make new 4K scans, too much work with the color grading, the compositing and all the CGI work. Some day, when they make UHD Discs, they will only upscale the existing good 2K DI transfers and add HDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only chance I see is that Zavvi makes new Steelbooks in the next months. Actually, the Steelbook market is strong and collectors in other countries are waiting long enough for such Steelbooks.

These arguments speak in favour of new Zavvi Steelbooks:

1. Zavvi often made different Steelbooks of the same movie in the past, e.g. The Lone Ranger, Wreck it Ralph, Tron Legacy, V for Vendetta and The Greatest Showman.

2. 2015, the last Zavvi Pirates of the Caribbean Steelbooks have been sold out very quickly, so it makes sense from an economical point of view to produce new Steelbooks.

3. The suggested artworks from the 2017 slipcovers are approved, so Disney/Zavvi could use them easily for new Steelbooks.

4. Disney/Zavvi recently made Steelbooks for Bolt and Hocus Pocus. The box office is clear on how much more succesful the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are and how highly demanded they are.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k