Pirates of the Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: April 7, 2023
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €79.99

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: apsmith21
This definitely has got my attention. Great idea for the 20th Anniversary. Be interesting to see how Disney handles this. card cover like Back to the future or steel tin like WB do.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was just 1 steelbook, 5 stacked 4k discs. Disney aren't going to give you 5 4k steelbooks for 80euro lol You'd be looking at €140+ for something like that.

Aye, the 4k transfers for 1-3 are horsesh!t. DNR everywhere. 4&5 are good though. Atmos does suck on 5 however, so (unless it's actually a DTS HD MA 7.1 track like the german link says) I wouldn't want that anyway. Which leaves 4... lol

• Informative
Reactions: Masta Norris
Don't know how legit this source is, but per the image it's 5 steelbooks.

8AC0190B-CB84-4375-B399-5A486A3137F0.jpeg

Reactions: Kavale and MerlinT
These don't look like steelbooks at all. They're more like thin cardboard folders with sleeves for discs.
Plus there already were steelbooks with that art, at least the first three.
But it wouldn't be a first time a studio reused a BD steel for a UHD release.

These don't look like steelbooks at all. They're more like thin cardboard folders with sleeves for discs.
Plus there already were steelbooks with that art, at least the first three.
But it wouldn't be a first time a studio reused a BD steel for a UHD release.
Yeah, and that outer box looks too tiny for it to accommodate five steelbooks.

Don't know how legit this source is, but per the image it's 5 steelbooks.

8AC0190B-CB84-4375-B399-5A486A3137F0.jpeg
If you read the article again, and the steelbookpro post it stemmed from, that's intended to be an example image of the digi collection. It's not this release lol