Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #104) [Czech Republic]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: CZK 1099

Group buy: hosted by carllenc HERE
Note: Limited to 601 copies

41425605_2057590031024629_7130494654595727360_o.jpg

IMG_3919.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good If you ask me. Normally I prefer full gloss, but in this case I think this stunning embossing with spot gloss wins over flat full gloss. Only pity is absence of title embos as well, as @Noodles mentioned already.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Via FA facebook:

"Dear colleagues,

can you remember a few weeks ago when we asked you if you are interested in the Steelbook of the fifth Pirates without the certainty of the previous parts. We have agreed that it is such a strong title that you want it even if it is only on its own.

We were wondering if we decided right. There are quite a lot of unfinished projects and now another very attractive offer, that is hard to resist.

Now we can say that, after the sample has arrived, we are very fond of it. And all is underlined by a superb visual, with which the creators have worked a lot. The matte SteelBook with spot gloss and skull embossing looks great."

So is that a yes or no or a watch this space on whether this'll get a FAC release?

The 5th Pirates film was fairly entertaining but the franchise feels tired at this point. Having said that, I'll probably grab this. I just wish they'd seriously consider doing the earlier films BEFORE these late entries. I've got 3 different versions of all 5 Mission Impossible films (including a Walmart metalpak that sorely sticks out), with only the 5th (and arguably second-worst) as a premium steel. They're not even going by popularity/box office. Not sure what the total earnings was but wasn't this last Pirates movie the worst-rated?

Reactions: lgans316
Disagree with all of you :p

I don't get why people have the need to have a complete set when you factor in this is being released because it's a new film (albeit ironically not that new anymore), if they release it in 2 years time fair enough it would be random without the others. When I look at my FA shelf I dont have a problem having MI5 without the other 4 for example

It’s about time! I don’t mind if they haven’t released the rest of the series (yet) as I thought the film was really fun, a return to form, and deserves a premium release

Not even that bothered by the difference of title either as I always thought “Dead Men Tell No Tales” is a bit long for a movie subtitle and generic too

From the Facebook page of FA :
Dear collectors,

we are happy to present you beauty shot of FAC #104 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: The Salazar’s Revenge :).

FAC #104 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: The Salazar’s Revenge features:

- exclusive fullslip with an attractive finish
- exclusive lenticular magnet (3-position transition effect)
- WWA worldwide artwork SteelBook 2BD embossed
- Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray 2D movie version
- exclusive collector’s special cards
- exclusive collector’s character cards
- exclusive photobook
- collector’ numbering card and hologram sticker

Start of pre-orders for all customers: September 13, 2018 at 20:00 CET (Still collectible numbers will be able to pre-order in 3-day advance).
Limitation: 601 copies

All customers are advised to reserve for an available copy by clicking on button I WANT TO BUY, until the pre-orders are live for all. In case that number of reserved copies exceeds the number of available copies the button hides.

We look forward to your orders.

Best Regards,
Team FA

41425605_2057590031024629_7130494654595727360_o.jpg