Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Play as made the biggest step forward great packaging for steelbooks not sure what they use for amarys not ordered one in long time.
customer service is getting better not us good us amazon

i have to say that i think people who ship the steelbook's out have to take better care of them, how many times do we get steel's that have paint chips and have scratches down the spine and so on, I think in most cases the steel's are damaged before they even leave the warehouse and not so much when in the post, this goes to all retailers not just play.com

If anybody is able to scan any of the new play.com releases, it would be appreciated so they can be added to the CM, please check the CM before uploading. Thanks

the new design they are using losers the bit of writing about this is a steelbook and as a tought sticker tab which is a pain in the arse to open

Last edited:
the new design they are using losers the bit of writing about this is a steelbook and as a tought sticker tab which is a pain in the arse to open

The new ones also have a single piece of foam folded around the steel instead of two separate sheets.

I'm still receiving a mixture of both (not a complaint, just an observation).

I'm concerned with the amount of packages not being delivered...It's not any of the ones in a bigger box but the separate white box ones. HMV, Amazon etc are all fine, it's just the Play ones, lost in space!

I'm concerned with the amount of packages not being delivered...It's not any of the ones in a bigger box but the separate white box ones. HMV, Amazon etc are all fine, it's just the Play ones, lost in space!

Me too was also concerned with the lack of interest when I let them know they just said Id get a refund, its not like it was just 1 it was 6!! EEK!

That's interesting, what are they for?

They are for ordinary DVD's & Amarays.

re Superpoints: I asked and apparently there's a "cooling-off period" to cover returns etc before they are added. Might be the reason they are slowly being added. Thinking about it I think pureHMV points work that way too. 'Sprat to catch a mackerel' really.

Last edited:
I've just looked at my Superpoints statement and it seems that existing pre-orders are in the process of being added :scat:

Thanks. Same here too. I have 249 'pending' superpoints apparently :)

As for Play's steelbook packaging, I've yet to have a steel damaged (touch wood :ohno:) so I'm very impressed with the new packaging they're using now.

Another improvement point...I'm giving up paying for 1st class delivery because the package(s) usually arrives 2/3 days after the estimate...It's not like I leave in the middle of nowhere...London!