PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
I performed this upgrade and it was so easy a 5 year old could have done it. You just lift up on the edge and slide off the cover and it comes right off, completely tooless. Then there's the slot right there where you install the SSD. You only need a small screwdriver for the cover plate to the SSD bay and then also a screw to tighten down the SSD and that's it and you slide the cover back on and presto you're done. You can do it to both the disc and discless versions. This is a must have because the games nowadays are getting larger and larger and the 667GB is all that's left for you after just the PS5 OS. I mean if you were to install say Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, that's 250GB right there, that's 42% of the available space. I think that's the only thing that Sony fell short on when they released the PS5, is the available drive space. Gran Turismo 7 = 183GB, Marvel's Avengers = 184GB, Cyberpunk 2077 = 158GB, I mean, you see what I mean you run outta space real fast if you don't watch it. I had 4 games installed and I couldn't install anymore after that so this upgrade was a real treat.

ps5-wd-hard-drive-upgrade-07.jpg

Reactions: Thoth
I haven't had any issue with space to be honest. And I have a couple of games installed. TLOU Part I, TLOU Part 2, God of War Ragnarok, The Callisto Protocol, Days Gone, Elden Ring, Steelrising, Resident Evil 2 Remake and other indie games that are too small to mention.

Some of these I haven't played in months now so if I were to need space for other games I could get rid of some.

But I get it, extra space is always better. A shame PS5 comes with such small space considering nowadays everything is taking a lot of space.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I haven't had any issue with space to be honest. And I have a couple of games installed. TLOU Part I, TLOU Part 2, God of War Ragnarok, The Callisto Protocol, Days Gone, Elden Ring, Steelrising, Resident Evil 2 Remake and other indie games that are too small to mention.

Some of these I haven't played in months now so if I were to need space for other games I could get rid of some.

But I get it, extra space is always better. A shame PS5 comes with such small space considering nowadays everything is taking a lot of space.
It's happened to me a couple of times already where I've got my regulars that I want to keep installed and I go to install a new AAA game and it's too big or should I say, my internal storage is too small and so I have to uninstall one of my regulars. What that means is if I want to quickly jump over to it, I can't because I had to uninstall it. Well, not anymore, I've got the PS internal storage and now a new 2TB NVMe all for PS5 games and then I also have a 2TB USB attached storage SSD drive for my PS4 games.

Reactions: Thoth
It's happened to me a couple of times already where I've got my regulars that I want to keep installed and I go to install a new AAA game and it's too big or should I say, my internal storage is too small and so I have to uninstall one of my regulars. What that means is if I want to quickly jump over to it, I can't because I had to uninstall it. Well, not anymore, I've got the PS internal storage and now a new 2TB NVMe all for PS5 games and then I also have a 2TB USB attached storage SSD drive for my PS4 games.

How much did the NVMe cost you?

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Yeah if you haven’t upgraded from a 4 to a 5 yet I’d wait tbph, but for those that already have a PS5 I’d say it’s not really worth it. Not for me anyways since I just upgraded my PS5.
Tbh I might still just get the standard console if the release of the Pro causes the price to drop... it's not like I'm a hardcore gamer nowadays, so would only really be using it for casual play and watching 4K films.