PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Yes! I was able to get the media remote and Pulse 3D headset off the PS Direct website before they quickly went out of stock again. Now for the console, hopefully on launch day. I read on the PS5 News Twitter site that they said there will be enough consoles on launch if your ready for it, that the first two preorders were to test the waters as to the demand for it so they would know how many they need to put out. They also went on to say that you should have one in hand before Christmas for sure.

Got my email from GameStop that I'll have the console at launch on the 19th. As Ireland is gone back in to lockdown & I'd preordered in store I was a little worried, but they're delivering all instore preorders that made the cut to the customers home address so I'm safe.

Some of the instore & online preorders have been pushed back to next year before they can be fulfilled.

Anyone that didn't get a preorder for a console and plan to go in and buy one your going to be very disappointed.

Per Playstation Blog

Hi all – the launch of the PlayStation 5 console on November 12 (or November 19, depending on your region) is almost upon us! In the interest of keeping our gamers, retailers, and staff safe amidst COVID-19, today we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners.

No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day (November 12 or November 19, depending on your region) – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online.

Gamers who have pre-ordered for pick-up at their local retailer should still be able to do so at their designated appointment time, under the retailer’s safety protocols. Please confirm the details with your local retailer.

A special thank you to our entire community for your continued support this year. Here’s to the next generation of gaming!

Anyone that didn't get a preorder for a console and plan to go in and buy one your going to be very disappointed.

I hope no one never thought they would just walk into the store and pick one up off the shelf, when the console was going as fast as it was.There best bet is just wait until mach or so when the next shipment hits and let the fools have their Rona consoles early :LOL:.

Reactions: vexred
Hopefully you have your console by now. And if so, enjoy buddy! :thumbs:
Well it looks like something might have happened to it during transit. The last place it was scanned is the next city over which is 2.5 hours away and there's not a departing scan on the tracking and I received an email from Sony saying my order may ship later than expected. So one of three things could have happened to it. Either it was stolen during transit or damaged somehow or the carrier person came down with COVID19 and the whole load had to be scrapped. Either way it looks like Sony is going to ship out a new one smh. MAN! It was almost here and I was going to be playing my new console today, talk about a daybreaker. :offtopic:

EDIT: Well, it appears to have landed in the city next to me so it'll be delivered today. YAAAAY! :thanks:

Last edited:
Reactions: Thoth and Noodles
Boys and Girls we've entered a whole new era of gaming! The new PS5 is downright baaaaadaaaaass! Got it setup now just downloading and installing the PSN freebie games and then to install Spider-Man MM, Assassin's Creed Valhalla & Demon's Souls. My gamer tag is z-Savage-Clown-z is case anyone wants to add me.

Paid the shipping on mine on Thursday so all set & ready to go for this Thursday coming. With the sheer size of this thing its gonna have to take the place of the Xbox One X in my entertainment unit, as the Series X is already occupying the space I had intended for the PS5.

Boys and Girls we've entered a whole new era of gaming! The new PS5 is downright baaaaadaaaaass! Got it setup now just downloading and installing the PSN freebie games and then to install Spider-Man MM, Assassin's Creed Valhalla & Demon's Souls. My gamer tag is z-Savage-Clown-z is case anyone wants to add me.

Added!
Making me jealous here :offtopic: Still got to wait 5 more days..

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I have to lay my unit down horizontal like and while it's nice that Sony included a stand for it and standing the unit vertical it does pretty good but for laying the unit down not so well. It still wobbles. While I like the design of the PS5 I can't say that laying it down is a good choice unless you have no other option.

For some reason I don't feel comfortable having console vertical and playing with disc inside. It feels odd. But then again probably technology advanced enough so gravity won't affect anything xD

I just tried to use my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Open Studio Headphones and my own lapel mic going through a mic/headphone splitter plugged into the controller and while I did get sound using the headset it did not pick up my mic for some reason. I mean I do have the Sony PULSE 3D Wireless Headset but they just don't compare to my $600 studio Beyerdynamics. So next I tried using the Beyerdynamic headset plugged into the controller and my Blue Yeti plugged into the console via USB and whalla! it worked. Then I went into settings and adjusted my mic sensitivity and got it set where I need it and all is well. Noiice!

So this could be a reference for others in case you want to use your own headsets and mics.

Noice.gif

EDIT: I was wrong, the lapel mic works just fine, I just needed the included adapter. This is awesome, both my Beyerdynamics headphones and mic connected to the controller work great!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thoth