PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Some of those game prices are ridiculous. Actual console prices are reasonable but the game prices are getting silly now

cheers, I’m good tho. I always wait a good year when a new console comes out so they can iron out all the issues and plus I want to see what other versions they might release like they did with the others. Smaller design or bigger memory etc
I'm hoping they're just placeholders or they'll be cheaper at Amazon, £70 for Demon's Souls is ridiculous

Reactions: Flloydo
I never order games from Game. They're always way cheaper at Amazon. I was anxious they were going to sell out before I could checkout so I just went with the console. Do want to pick up the headset and remote though.
Yeah, I normally only buy exclusives from them. I'm just impatient and it feels weird having a console ordered with no games.

Did you manage to log in? It wouldn't let me so I had to checkout as a guest and lost my reward points

I tried to pre-order last n ight but couldn't get through and apparently lots of people who ordered as guest did not get a confirmation email.

GAME UK facebook page says pre-orders will go live today after 8AM. Still cannot log in and everything looks to be sold out. o_O

I tried to pre-order last n ight but couldn't get through and apparently lots of people who ordered as guest did not get a confirmation email.

GAME UK facebook page says pre-orders will go live today after 8AM. Still cannot log in and everything looks to be sold out. o_O
I think they are updating the site at the minute mate, can't seem to find any listings for PS5 console.

Those game prices are roughly what I expected tbh... cost of new games is always ridiculous as soon as new consoles are out and is part of the reason why I never jump on them at launch. Can't wait to see how much they'll be charging for digital games that those who opt for the PS5D will be suckered into paying.

A conspiracy theory came to me as I was trying to fall asleep last night. I'm convinced that the exclusives are priced so high to bring them in line with the digital copies to make the digital only edition seem more appealing.

I've also noticed that Game and Amazon seem to have raised the price slightly for games like Valhalla that have a free upgrade, never seen a standard edition priced £52

Yeah, I normally only buy exclusives from them. I'm just impatient and it feels weird having a console ordered with no games.

Did you manage to log in? It wouldn't let me so I had to checkout as a guest and lost my reward points

I didn't log in, I did it as a guest to save time. I'm sure you'll be able to claim the points back. I'm going by a Game later so I'll go in and ask them.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge

It took about 20 mins for my confirmation to come through, I then got an email from them at 00.30 letting me know that preorders are open. I think the best bet would be to try to order in store, I'll be surprised if they're doing a Zavvi online.

Those game prices are roughly what I expected tbh... cost of new games is always ridiculous as soon as new consoles are out and is part of the reason why I never jump on them at launch. Can't wait to see how much they'll be charging for digital games that those who opt for the PS5D will be suckered into paying.
I've never seen a price jump that large though, Demon's Souls is more expensive than some collector's editions released this year, it's a 40-56% price increase from current gen (physical)

So it looks like GAME fu*ked up once more. They said on Facebook pre-orders would be open after 8AM today but apparently they were open since last night.
Luckily for me I managed to grab a console off Amazon today.

Looks like it's sold out at the moment everywhere and others selling on eBay for 600-700.

First time when I buy a console at launch :dizzy:

Why would you rush to pre-order? The first batch are always the ones with all the problems.
I see everyone's playing into Sony's hands, they have created mass panic and now people are desperate to get one, they will be back in stock every where soon, do you really think they would release a console just before Christmas with limited numbers available?
You're supposed to sit back and let Sony panic, then when sales are low they drop the price.

Why would you rush to pre-order? The first batch are always the ones with all the problems.
I see everyone's playing into Sony's hands, they have created mass panic and now people are desperate to get one, they will be back in stock every where soon, do you really think they would release a console just before Christmas with limited numbers available?
You're supposed to sit back and let Sony panic, then when sales are low they drop the price.

I am not desperate to get one mate.. I just simply want to get it at launch and experience all the new tech first hand when it's released. I'm really excited to try the 3D sound and the controller's haptic feedback.
I managed to get it on the pre-order and I'm happy with that. I wasn't desperate enough to stay up last night and get my pre-order in and I surely wasn't gonna be desperate enough to pay 600-700 on eBay if I missed out. It just happens that I managed to book my pre-order in and I don't regret it.
I don't drink, I don't smoke, I work 12 hours in my current job and then I work at home as well in my days off. It's my little treat before these holidays and I don't wish to wait until next year if I can manage to get it now.

I don't know how much it's worth in Game points. I'd guess it's probably worth half towards a game. Definitely worth doing.

I believe it's 4% on all console sales, so somewhere around £18 back in reward points.

The whole preorder situation was a mess for sure! I decided to wait until we see what bundles they'll have at launch.

I remember for PS4 they had a mega bundle which included the console, Killzone: Shadow Fall, an extra Dualshock 4 and camera for £429.99. So I'm hoping Sony will do something similar for PS5!

The whole preorder situation was a mess for sure! I decided to wait until we see what bundles they'll have at launch.

I remember for PS4 they had a mega bundle which included the console, Killzone: Shadow Fall, an extra Dualshock 4 and camera for £429.99. So I'm hoping Sony will do something similar for PS5!

They did have bundles on Game. Ones with extra controllers, headset, remote and camera. Pretty much all combinations of accessories but no game bundles.

I was in Game today and the dude in front of me was hoping to get a Playstation but the shop had sold out. Saddest face I've seen in a long time lol.

I really want to know more about those 3d sound headphones before I order them.

i missed preorders here in the US. I got some bots tracking restocks if any come available. Been debating to get at launch or not, but i suppose if it comes back I may pull trigger.

I was on my way to my local GAME to pre order on Thursday when amazon pre orders opened up, so I was lucky enough to get 2, but once one is confirmed for launch I’ll either cancel the other or pass it onto someone if they still don’t have one.