PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
im ready to buy one ... and cant find one .... damn you Sony.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing all over the internet is that the scalpers have used bots and have them all. On YT there's a bunch of angry people at this one UK scalper that obtained 3500 PS5 units with bots and is selling them at scalpers prices. That's like more then even Amazon has at any given time. Also that's why little Bobby or Timmy can't get one from Santa this year. Walmart is idiotic for announcing when they'll go live because that just gives the scalpers time to get their bots ready. The last time they went live they were gone in under 20 seconds. When some of the quickest folks had one in their cart, once they clicked the buy button it errored on them and said that there was no more stock because the bots swooped in and bought them all in under 5-10 seconds flat. It's really disappointing for those Mom & Dad's wanting to buy one for their children or just the average Joe wanting one. Sony can't meet demand because of the scalpers. On top of all that the delivery drivers have been reported of stealing them as well. All I can tell you is to keep trying bro, eventually you'll land one but as of right now folks are saying it won't be until after the holidays.

Yeah that's what I'm seeing all over the internet is that the scalpers have used bots and have them all. On YT there's a bunch of angry people at this one UK scalper that obtained 3500 PS5 units with bots and is selling them at scalpers prices. That's like more then even Amazon has at any given time. Also that's why little Bobby or Timmy can't get one from Santa this year. Walmart is idiotic for announcing when they'll go live because that just gives the scalpers time to get their bots ready. The last time they went live they were gone in under 20 seconds. When some of the quickest folks had one in their cart, once they clicked the buy button it errored on them and said that there was no more stock because the bots swooped in and bought them all in under 5-10 seconds flat. It's really disappointing for those Mom & Dad's wanting to buy one for their children or just the average Joe wanting one. Sony can't meet demand because of the scalpers. On top of all that the delivery drivers have been reported of stealing them as well. All I can tell you is to keep trying bro, eventually you'll land one but as of right now folks are saying it won't be until after the holidays.
thx bud, yeah ill keep trying but im not trying very hard. I wont be paying any stupid prices that's for sure ... if its not until january.. so be it.

Reactions: Jocelin and Thoth
Advice for others, power down your PS5 rather than putting it into rest mode. Last night there was a power outage where I live maybe a couple of minutes, so this morning I started my PS5 up and there was an error and it had to perform a self repair and that was quick but then it detected errors on my external storage and had to perform a repair on that as well. I was thinking "oh great, I'm gonna have to reinstall all my PS4 games that were installed on there", luckily everything looked to be OK. So from now on I'm keeping my PS5 turned off rather than in rest mode, at least until Sony can iron out all the kinks.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
All these issues I’m hearing about is exactly why I never buy new consoles straight away. But then I can wait a good year. However I only have one friend who owns one and we’re always playing warzone and he has no issues. Only Praise. Saying that he’s not got any actual pS5 games yet. Just using PS4 discs like watch dogs legion and warzone online which he has saved on an external hard drive from the ps4.

Sony was quick to patch the last issues I mentioned. Works well now without trouble. Hopefully things stay smooth and will be answered quickly without any serious faults.

And I agree with all of you not willing to pay the inflated prices. I wouldn't either. There's plenty PS4 games to still play until PS5 is available again. Don't overpay!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
via BBC News

PlayStation 5: Amazon investigation over missing consoles

_115609394_gettyimages-1229584776-1.jpg

Instead of PlayStation 5 consoles, customers report receiving homeware items or toys

Amazon said it is investigating what has happened to missing PlayStation 5 deliveries, amid reports of thefts.

Some UK customers opened delivery boxes to find unordered items such as kitchen appliances or toys inside, instead of the in-demand console.

Many feared their consoles had been stolen in transit, with allegations levelled at delivery staff.

"We're really sorry about that and are investigating exactly what's happened," Amazon said.

Incorrect items being put in boxes is not unheard of, but the shortage of stock of PlayStation 5 consoles - and the fact that they are being sold at inflated prices online - led to customers fearing their allocation had been stolen.

Disgruntled customers took to Twitter to post photos and videos of air fryers, dog food, electric grills, or even Himalayan salt lamps they say they never ordered.While many of the claims cannot be verified, Amazon has admitted there have been issues with deliveries.

"We're all about making our customers happy, and that hasn't happened for a small proportion of these orders," it said.

"We're reaching out to every customer who's had a problem and made us aware so we can put it right. Anyone who has had an issue with any order can contact our customer services team for help."

Several users reported seeing their delivery drivers pause outside their homes for a brief moment before driving way - and getting a notification from Amazon that their item had been "delivered".

But others said there were notes inside the box making clear that the items they received were intended for someone else.

The stock shortage also means that those offered refunds may not be able to buy a replacement elsewhere.

Some sites such as eBay have listings for the console for hundreds of pounds more than its recommended retail price.

I keep getting disconnected from the internet on a lan cable and it didn't start happening until I got the last update. Now I get disconnected and a popup says "Lan Cable Disconnected" and then immediately afterwards while that popup is still up a new popup says "Lan Cable Now Connected". It really sux when you have an online only game like The Division 2 going and you lose progress and have to start the game back up and pick up from your last save point after you've like cleared out a whole room or just finished a boss but before it saved and have to do it all over again. Whatever Sony updated last time broke this somehow and needs to be repatched.

It's definitely a firmware issue because it didn't start until I patched to the new firmware 20.02-2.26.00. I have all cat 7 cables, I've switched to three different cables, I have it on a static IP through my router and have port forwarding for all the Playstation ports set to both TCP and UDP. I have other things plugged into the network and nothing else gets disconnected, it's only the PS5.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Well, I scored one at
Walmart this morning. Pandemonium... we all ran through the store at
Opening like a herd of idiots. Lol.

busy with my move coming up so will just keep it until Christmas... let the boy see that Santa rewarded Daddy. Lmao. He’s got a Nintendo coming ...
Congratulations, glad you finally got ahold of one. :thanks: If you want my PSN ID is z-Savage-Clown-z if you want to add me.

A new update was pushed down this morning with a much needed fix to my connection issues.

PS5 update 20.02.-02.30.00 patch notes...

• This system update improves system performance

• Resolved an issue where data transfers and downloads were cancelled when trying to download content while a data transfer from a PS4 is in progress.

• Some issues that were causing errors during text input in some PS4 games have been resolved.

• The connection stability has been improved for some Wi-Fi routers.

Also an update to the controller was pushed down as well.