PS5 PlayStation 5 - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 12, 2020/November 19, 2020
Price: PS5 - $499.99/499.99 GBP (670 USD)/499.99 EUR (590 USD) | PS5D - $399.99/359.99 GBP (480 USD)/399.99 EUR (480 USD)

EaQsDMRX0AUksP_.jpg

5ee8cfc6191824168f10a07a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
It should be far more easier to simply close out of one game and open others .. same with putting whole system in rest mode. The "switcher" is not enough. It has pros and cons imo.

They sure are slow coming out with new games that are worth a damn. I mean Horizon: Forbidden West and Returnal are really the only decent PS5 games on the near horizon imho. Werewolf and Hitman are sure not part of that group that's for sure.

Reactions: C.C. 95
They sure are slow coming out with new games that are worth a damn. I mean Horizon: Forbidden West and Returnal are really the only decent PS5 games on the near horizon imho. Werewolf and Hitman are sure not part of that group that's for sure.
Yeah, they should have planned a better roster of games for launch. (What are there, like 4 actual PS5 titles?)
I was in the hunt over the holidays to get a PS5 for a family member (which I did :thumbs: at normal MSRP:rofl:), and afterwards I was thinking I should get it as well. And after a few days on the hunt again, I was like "why am I doing this? when I get one - there is really nothing to play yet!" I still did manage to get one (from Walmart) and their shipping is really slow - but, again - I am nonplussed because once it arrives, it's really just a few game to play.
i also got the Series X, and it's even worse when it comes to titles for that system.
it seems like both systems were so gung ho about the next gen hardware - that they forgot to make sure the software was there too!
(yes - the upscales on games are supposed to be great for some titles - but that is supposed to be a BONUS, not the main attraction)
so, I would tell those on the hunt to just take it in stride. You'll get one. But there really is no reason to have it expeditiously.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Yeah, they should have planned a better roster of games for launch. (What are there, like 4 actual PS5 titles?)
I was in the hunt over the holidays to get a PS5 for a family member (which I did :thumbs: at normal MSRP:rofl:), and afterwards I was thinking I should get it as well. And after a few days on the hunt again, I was like "why am I doing this? when I get one - there is really nothing to play yet!" I still did manage to get one (from Walmart) and their shipping is really slow - but, again - I am nonplussed because once it arrives, it's really just a few game to play.
i also got the Series X, and it's even worse when it comes to titles for that system.
it seems like both systems were so gung ho about the next gen hardware - that they forgot to make sure the software was there too!
(yes - the upscales on games are supposed to be great for some titles - but that is supposed to be a BONUS, not the main attraction)
so, I would tell those on the hunt to just take it in stride. You'll get one. But there really is no reason to have it expeditiously.
There’s only about 20 games total and half of them aren’t worth a crap. Right now mostly what I play is PS4 games. Your lucky you found a PS5 right now because there very few of them available.

Reactions: C.C. 95
For me Demon's Souls was well worth it.
And Resident Evil Village will be my next highly anticipated game. And while I know it's also being released on PS4, after playing the Maiden Demo I don't think I want to experience the game without the 3D sound and next gen graphics.

I do agree tho' that people should not overpay scalpers for a PS5 console as it's little value in it at the moment.

I finally got a chance to buy a PS5, so many years later, without extraneous expenses or reseller hikes (for $559 with that God of War game Ragnarok).
So I have a question, is it worth it now, or maybe I should wait for some kind of upgraded version of this console - I heard they were going to change something in it...

My 'gaming' started on Panasonic 3DO in 1995, and ended around 2003 on PC with Counterstrike, when it was a free mod for Half-life, so I'm not very up to date or 'involved'. :bag:

I finally got a chance to buy a PS5, so many years later, without extraneous expenses or reseller hikes (for $559 with that God of War game Ragnarok).
So I have a question, is it worth it now, or maybe I should wait for some kind of upgraded version of this console - I heard they were going to change something in it...

My 'gaming' started on Panasonic 3DO in 1995, and ended around 2003 on PC with Counterstrike, when it was a free mod for Half-life, so I'm not very up to date or 'involved'. :bag:
OG hardware had bigger heat sink. When newer and slimmer versions come- they are usually stripping stuff out.
this article seems to think they are equal. Maybe. But a bigger heat sink is a bigger heat sink. Lol. You should be fine.

OG hardware had bigger heat sink. When newer and slimmer versions come- they are usually stripping stuff out.
this article seems to think they are equal. Maybe. But a bigger heat sink is a bigger heat sink. Lol. You should be fine.
Yeah, I also read up on that, seems there's 3 versions now, the original 1000 model, 1100, and 1200. In the latest one it's harder to change the CMOS battery because the newer heat sink covers it, but Amazon is selling the 1100 one.
They're still selling them at almost twice that price in my country, so I'll just buy it. :shipped:

Yeah, I also read up on that, seems there's 3 versions now, the original 1000 model, 1100, and 1200. In the latest one it's harder to change the CMOS battery because the newer heat sink covers it, but Amazon is selling the 1100 one.
They're still selling them at almost twice that price in my country, so I'll just buy it. :shipped:
Some comparison pics:
1193383E-5A90-47FA-B108-41BB78F85987.jpeg

07C8F882-4670-4FB3-9E92-DB89D7E6598B.jpeg
A59C579F-75DF-4FB8-97B3-5CA09D8AA127.jpeg
32A5F3B1-D2F0-4323-83C9-22276B7553A6.jpeg
F10DB2A2-20C8-430E-AEA0-7B49D3620444.jpeg
C241749C-4B1E-4FE3-9531-A46A1789B26B.jpeg
56A9F7A9-1B91-49C6-9E98-084EA322CAC7.jpeg
0A783CF6-9E96-47A1-8E69-83BE44F1A9A8.jpeg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'll be adding 2Tb of internal storage in about a week from now. I just bought the Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB Internal Solid State Drive - M.2 PCIe Gen4 ×4 NVMe 1.4, PS5 SSD, so stoked to be able to finally do this as I've wanted to for quite some time since I'm tired of having to delete one game just to install another because the internal storage is only 850Gb. Also it'll allow me to install PS5 games to the new drive since they are now fast enough for the PS5 prerequisites.

71yESJMxS0S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In case anyone is interested in doing the same here's a link to the drive on Amazon. You just want to make sure it has the heatsink since they heat up quite a bit and the heatsink will keep it cool or within limits. There's also a 1Tb and 4Tb versions as well.