Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Sign up for the beta!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

Today marks a special day for us here at SuperBot Entertainment, as we finally get to share our game with the world! PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale existed as an idea in the hearts of gamers way before SuperBot got around to making it, and the expectations of the fans are really what drive us. This game is a labor of love, and we’re excited to be able to finally show it — learn more in our new video interview above.

6971584906_369b96d28a_o.png

So what is PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? First and foremost, it’s a celebration of a storied history of great characters and rich worlds brought together in one game. And for us, there’s no better way to celebrate than by creating an experience that players can sit around one screen and enjoy together. There are probably a few types of games that can be enjoyed by four players simultaneously, but for us at SuperBot, a brawler was the obvious choice for one really good reason: the developers here at SuperBot really like fighting games. We love playing them and we love making them.

6971584916_67b28fa101_o.jpg

With PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, we set out to make an experience accessible enough for all PlayStation fans to enjoy while also creating something deep enough for the serious fighting game aficionado. We think this “accessible yet deep” strategy is the perfect way to bring PlayStation fans of all stripes together.

6971584810_014d19c712_o.jpg

The game features a number of cool game modes for both single and multiplayer, with a focus on online play which features a robust tournament mode. Players will be able to compete against each other as well as play cooperatively. We can’t wait for you all to try it for yourself.

Until then, please stay tuned; there are plenty more features, characters, and levels we want to show. And you definitely don’t want to miss what we’ve got in store for E3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read online that Polygon Man will be the final boss. He even appears in the last seconds of the intro video. Now THAT is super freakin' cool! EEK!

I know that I should be thrilled about this game, but I'm really not for some reason. Maybe it's because it doesn't have all the exclusive characters that it should... that a spot on the roster was wasted on a second Cole McGrath instead of him just getting an alternate costume... that it features third-party characters that are only in there to promote their new video games (Raiden for Metal Gear Rising [instead of Solid Snake], new Dante for DmC [instead of much-cooler old Dante], Big Daddy for Bioshock Infinite [though he doesn't even appear in that installment])... I don't know. Just not excited for it. Where's Ico and Wander? Cloud from Final Fantasy VII? Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon? :(

I hadn't really thought about it, but you're totally right about the characters. I haven't been excited for this game either, however, it seems quite a few other people are... or most of my friends are at least.

Reactions: tridon
TeeFury.com is selling an awesome shirt today inspired by PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The design's called 'Title Fight' and the tee only costs $10. You can buy it here.

1352326714_bot-fisticuffs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wreck
First PlayStation All-Stars DLC: Kat and Emmett Join the Battle Royale (For Free!)

What? Me again? Wasn’t I just here to let you know that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had gone gold?

Have you ever wondered what dev teams do after a game goes gold? If all is going well, often times they get down to business with DLC. And in fact that’s exactly what we have begun. I’m here today to announce the first DLC characters that will be joining the All-Stars roster: Kat from Gravity Rush, and Starhawk‘s Emmett Graves!

In addition to the signature weapons you’ll remember from his duels with the Outcasts on Dust, Emmett’s playstyle will also utilize Starhawk’s unique “Build and Battle” system, calling down help from the sky.

8186494241_5ed1249324_z.jpg

Kat’s approach turns gravity on its head with some mind-bending new ways to move as she positions herself for her unique brand of aerial assault. Together, they make up one of the most original duos in All-Stars.

These DLC All-Stars still have a long way to go before they’re ready to be shown off, but we wanted to let you know what the team will be working on now that we’ve gone gold with the main game, and that you can look forward to playing them… for free!

Yes, you heard that right. We’re very happy to announce these first two DLC characters will be free to everyone for the first two weeks once they are available for download early next year.

8187534744_b26ea8e0a8_z.jpg

That may sound a little tricky, so let me be clear: once Kat and Emmett are finished, we’ll put them up for download. They’ll be totally free for two weeks. The only limit is that you have a two-week window to claim the characters. Once you have Kat and Emmett, they are yours forever. That may sound like a lot to remember, so don’t worry, we’ll be back closer to their release to remind you of all these details.

Everyone at SuperBot, Bluepoint, and Santa Monica Studio has tried hard not only to make a great game, but also to keep the fans very firmly in mind, offering the most we can wherever we get the chance. So far we’ve offered exclusive free pre-order costumes, an amazing digital version for PS Vita at no cost when you buy the PS3 version, frame-accurate cross-play, and now Kat and Emmett coming soon for free!

We’ll have more information about these characters and more DLC news coming soon, so stay tuned here for more announcements, and thanks again to everyone that has supported us as we prepare to cross the finish line. Come join the party on November 20th as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale launches, and I’ll see you online!