Playstation Home - LOTS of new stuff! - Leaving BETA?

Jan 29, 2009
PlayStation Home (also marketed and referred to as Home) is a community-based service developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's London and Cambridge studios for the PlayStation 3 on the PlayStation Network. It is available directly from the PlayStation 3 XrossMediaBar. Home has been in development since early 2005 and started an open public beta test in December 2008. Home allows users to create an avatar on their PlayStation 3 console and explore an online world. This avatar gets its own virtual apartment space or "HomeSpace", which can be adorned with items that users can obtain in several different ways. In a 2007 keynote speech, Phil Harrison used the term "Game 3.0" to describe the service.

playstation-home.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't know what "Xi" is just yet, you're already well behind in the game. If, however, you've been following along, don't forget to log into PlayStation Home today.

For those of you who don't know, Xi is a mystery you must unravel within Sony's innovative online social service, and you have to be both vigilant and observant. Nobody is really sure of the ultimate purpose just yet, but in exploring the Home environment, you'll stumble across new clues that will eventually lead you to your unknown destination. Most people just say something along the lines of, "...okay, what the hell is going on around here?!" Nobody knows; that's the point. And now, it's time to take the next step in the mystery: you may have seen that secret manhole cover before, and you probably wondered if you'd ever be able to open it. Well, worry no longer, 'cuz it's open right now. You can check the visual evidence over at VG247, and when you head down to the Maintenance area, you'll have a few more questions. For example, who is William Johnson? Of course, this won't really get you any closer to an answer for the overall "what does it all mean?" question, but at least we're progressing.

Anyway, if you still want to get involved and need to catch up, you can head on over to the official PlayStation forums, which features an ongoing Xi topic. If you just wanna find out what's down there, you're welcome to travel down the rabbit hole...

Source: Playstation Home/ PSXextreme

It seems the PlayStation Home developers are indeed listening to their community as the Listen@Home area in the Central Plaza space has just received a pretty hefty update.

The particular theme for this impressive offering revolves around the Winter X-Games soundtrack.

Here's the current list of music available:

* Awake - Audreye Sessions
* Blowing Up - T-Pain
* Breaking In A New Mentality - Underoath
* Breath In - Hit The Lights
* Can't Stop Feeling - Franz Ferdinand
* Do You Wanna Know - Alkaline Trio
* Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
* Freeze - T-Pain
* Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem
* Help Me - Alkaline Trio
* I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw
* I Found A Way - Alkaline Trio
* I Have You To Thank - Gavin DeGraw
* In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw
* Into The Night - Alkaline Trio
* Turn It On - Franz Ferdinand
* Turn Me Off - Audreye Sessions
* Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
* Untamed - Gavin DeGraw
* Welcome To The Thr33 Rings - T-Pain
* Where You'll Find Me - Audreye Sessions

This goes to show that the Listen@Home feature does, indeed, have more potential than previously thought. So hop into the Central Plaza of Home and start jammin'!

Source: tawkn.com/?news_id=1699

So who has been waiting for this then.Have to say I am not dissapointed at all.
Ea's sports complex is the premiere gaming space on Home for all Sports fans alike of EA's PS3 sports titles.Get all the latest info on new and existing EA sports games,watch trailers and even compete in some of the great multiplayer games available.

Below are a few images of EA's new sports complex.

COMING SOON .GOLF PRO SHOP

-
23042009043.jpg
23042009046.jpg

Guess this will be where you can Puchase all your golfing needs while Practising out the back.

Get Into EA's Multiplayer racing. .Notice the gaming chair in the background ? Eight in total.

23042009044-1.jpg

Standing on the stairs gives you a full on view of cars racing round the track.

23042009051.jpg

Got what it takes to be the Poker stud ?.Get into some of the action with your pals and with a number of tables you shouldnt have any hassle getting a game.

23042009048-1.jpg

Want to catch up on all your favourite EA games ?.Well now you can.By visiting regularly you will be able to catch up with all the latest news posted throughout Ea's Home space Poster boards and watch the latest EA trailers on the big screens.

-
23042009047.jpg
23042009049.jpg

23042009045-1.jpg

I have to say for me personally this is one of the best spaces on Home and I personally look forward to how it will progress in the future.

Thanks to Patty at Gamezbox.ie!

TheHater2 | April 23rd, 2009 at 9:13 am

hay HOME TEAM
are you guys planning anything for HOME for E3 this year? Like we will be able to see the Sony press conference live through HOME?

Locust_Star replied on April 23, 2009 at 10:04 am

We are, indeed, planning some events to coincide with E3. Details will be coming soon.

Locust_Star here just dropping you cats a quick line to hip you to some cool going-ons scheduled to occur in PlayStation Home over the next couple days. See, we pulled some strings and got our hands on an exclusive clip from the eagerly-anticipated new X-Men Origins: Wolverine film, and we’re putting it up in our Theater come this evening at 8:00pm Pacific Time. You heard me right – the only place to see this sneak peek is in PlayStation Home, so make sure you log-in and peep this footage a week before it hits the streets. Stuff is hot, for sure.

See you in the Theater this weekend!

Sony has had their Alternate reality game Xi going for about a month now and this is the second time users have managed to get into part of the game which was not supposed to be available yet.
alpha2.jpg
Users of Xi with a “20 Fragments Glitch” have found a way to get into Alphazone 2.
Playstation Home officials were upset before when this happened; its unclear yet how they are going to respond this time.

Xi - the world’s first console-based ARG, exclusive to PlayStation Home - just got bigger.

The eagerly-awaited second Alpha Zone has opened up today, and there’s plenty of fun stuff awaiting you. Can you escape the Fish Tanks of Good & Evil…?

There are a few numbered screens on the walls, promising more games and puzzles to come. The yin-yang symbol on the floor suggests there’s a “light’n’dark, good’n’evil” theme to this place. But is everything as black and white as it seems? We’re guessing not.

Given that this game has already included a giant jigsaw puzzle on billboards across Europe, a shiatsu massage game, flying cows, and a pair of classic text adventures, we’re not quite sure what to expect next.

If you want to find out for yourself, fire up PlayStation Home and head for the Xi logo tagged on the wall in Central Plaza.

3470793657_00697e74b6.jpg

3470793819_55b59e346c.jpg

3470793589_672986da50.jpg

i played 5 puzzles, but i just dont have time for it, after my test tonight, I should have some more free time before finals, been a grueling last week.

The Name of this is “StageSet” And it will allow you and friends to make a short film on a virtual stage. There is lots of fetures in this like, You can operate the camera, set the lighting, and even stand in front of a green screen and add your own special effects. And you dont have to wait long because this will be out this week in home.

This looks cool what do you think ?

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/878/3.7

Thought this was lame, that's why i didnt post it asap.

It seems like a cool concept. I'm still trying to figure out why every time I go into HOME people always want to start fights with me. Does anyone else get the same treatment?

I don't know why, but it never happens to me. Must be a bunch of drunk rednecks lookin' for someone to brawl against.

:hilarious:

When Home first started it had that voice chat.. I was trying to talk to my Dad and tell him what to do and this guy comes running by, stops, and says, "What are you, a bunch of f!@kin redneck hicks?"

I couldn't help but start laughin