The Polar Express (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: November 1, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $13.89 - (Amazon) $17.99 - (Best Buy)

91mk9mYCMYL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how is this is known to be a steelbook?

Edit: OK i see it in the editors notes but looks like a mistake. We will see ;)

I wish they'd have gone with a Christmas movie that hadn't already been done.

Like Jingle All The Way or The Family Man.

Unless this is just a reprint of the original to cash in.

This film looks amazing in 3D by the way and it probably won't even be included in this package, which is a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531
Sadly, I never saw this movie in its entirety in one sitting. I always seemed to pop in half-way or would get busy with other things half-way so I may have to pick this up just for the sake of it and actually watch it.

This film looks amazing in 3D by the way and it probably won't even be included in this package, which is a shame.
True! Or classics like It's A Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn or Miracle on 34th Street..

Love Jingle All The Way!

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

what concerns me is that I it's 2D only, it's more than likely they'll use the first release with lossy Dolby Digital 5.1 sound

Never saw this movie. How was it? I remember loving the book as a child. But didn't get around to catching it in theaters.

Ok good to know it at least exists my best buy didn't have any. I also just found out about that Batman movie today I will need to swing by target on my lunch and see if they have any. My missed steelbooks list is getting huge.

Looks pretty good. I just might buy it from Best Buy. I wish they'd make a steelbook for Planes, Trains and Automobiles (my personal favorite).

Well, it took 4 days for my Best Buy to get their Automated BluRay dispenser system back up and running, so I was finally able to grab a copy of this.

Instantly had to return it. Title spine is a horrendous shade of green and the image quality on the front cover is so poor I'd have to assume that it was just a screenshot of a 480p video. Truly disappointing to have such an awful Steelbook release for this film. :(