[POLL] 8th Annual SteelBook of the Year 2018 - Vote for Best Full Slip

Vote for Best Full Slip 2018

• Pan's Labyrinth (KimchiDVD Full Slip A1)

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • Loving Vincent (KimchiDVD Full Slip A1)

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Justice League (Manta Lab)

Votes: 29 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
best-full-slip.png

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

The nominations were tallied until January 15, 2019 from our nominations threads.

Please remember you can only vote 1 time for your top choice and you cannot change your vote afterwards.

Voting closes January 31, 2019.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Other categories voting polls:

Best Boxset
Best Standalone SteelBook (artwork, finish, embossing/debossing)
Best Lenticular
Best Overall SteelBook Package (extras included such as discs, booklets, cards etc)
Best Retailer

Why only 3 choices? Annoyed I didn’t vote now

Manta La La land fullsip, nova pulp fiction, blufans beauty and the beast, Kimchi hacksaw ridge should all 100% be on this too

Would of also liked to of voted for PA I, Tonya illustrated slip

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Yeah I'm not voting for any of those. There were way nicer slips that were released and mentioned in the nominations thread. Voted in most of the other threads though

Yeah I'm not voting for any of those. There were way nicer slips that were released and mentioned in the nominations thread. Voted in most of the other threads though

I do think loving Vincent deserves a choice/ option but not the other 2

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
Is loving Vincent the A1 slip? The starry night editon. Because they have a A2 too and the same applies to pans labyrinth. The gold slip is A1 whilst the other is A2

I’m going on the assumption they are both the A1 versions.
If so I’m surprised to see the pans labyrinth gold slip which is lovely beat the loving Vincent starry night slip. That’s one of the best full slips I’ve seen from kimchi and in general for a while

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
@Apollon are these for both A1s for Vincent and labyrinth?

Also a similar situation with best overall steelbook pacakage including extras however, the steels shouldn’t matter on that catergory as the extras don’t change on the different editons. If that makes sense

@Apollon are these for both A1s for Vincent and labyrinth?

Also a similar situation with best overall steelbook pacakage including extras however, the steels shouldn’t matter on that catergory as the extras don’t change on the different editons. If that makes sense

Both A1 Full Slips along with the third title got the most nominations in both categories.

I'm sure if more people had taken the time to post and nominate their preferences, there would have been other titles that would have gathered more nominations (at least in the other category) and would have therefore made an appearance in the polls instead of these.

Other factors into play, people too lazy to think for themselves and just copy from the previous posts (yes it happens :p ), and people who base their decision/nomination on the most recent purchase and probably forget there are better releases etc...

Reactions: Flloydo
Both A1 Full Slips along with the third title got the most nominations in both categories.

I'm sure if more people had taken the time to post and nominate their preferences, there would have been other titles that would have gathered more nominations (at least in the other category) and would have therefore made an appearance in the polls instead of these.

Other factors into play, people too lazy to think for themselves and just copy from the previous posts (yes it happens :p ), and people who base their decision/nomination on the most recent purchase and probably forget there are better releases etc...

No I just mean are the full Slip As for both films the A1 or A2s? Good to hear it’s the starry night slip and gold slip

I mention the other poll because it’s based more on the extras and I think some will not realise and vote on the steelbook. So it didn’t matter to differentiate the slips because all the extras are the same whether it’s full slip A1, A2 or the lenti etc

I’ve not nominated in the last 2 years tbh because I just didn’t see the point plus everyone used to nominate the worst editons it used to just wind me up. It was more fanboy nominations and voting than actually on the better edition and breaking that down

I’ve voted on them all now anyway

Reactions: IRON MAN
I don’t really care who wins this anyway

Winner this year is between nova pulp fiction, blufans beauty and the beast and kimchi hacksaw ridge for me. And disappointed that I or no one else nominated them.

Apart from the loving vincent starry night slip, the above I mention p!ss all over the other 2 in the poll

agree with much of the above, and misread nominations was end of Jan, not Jan 15th, so mine never got in. :facepalm:

i have voted, but as well as the selected, honourable mentions also for Baby Driver (FAC), Ex Machina (Manta spot holofoil), Isle of Dogs (Black Barons - who'd have thunk?), and of course Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (FAC E1), which is this year's full slip winner for me. :drool:

would probably have preferred more than 3 options for final votes, on assumption that more than 3 were put forwards.