[POLL] OSCARS 2016 - Best Picture

BEST PICTURE - What film do you think should win?

• The Big Short

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Bridge of Spies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Mad Max: Fury Road

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The Martian

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The Revenant

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Room

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Spotlight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Oscars_BestPicture.jpg

What film do you think should win for:
BEST PICTURE

• The Big Short
  • Bridge of Spies
  • Brooklyn
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Room
  • Spotlight
Oscars_BestPictureT.jpg

Also vote for: BEST ACTOR / BEST ACTRESS / BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR / BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS / DIRECTING
Download a HDN Printable Oscar Ballot Here.

Last edited:
It's between Room and The Revenant for me... went for Room in the end. :)

Reactions: kaw
I still have yet to see Room. Been hearing great things though!
It's brilliant mate... it felt so real that I genuinely thought it was going to give me a panic attack at one point lol. Also, not only is Brie Larsen on top form, but Jacob Tremblay (the kid) is phenomenal! I highly recommend it. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw
'Straight Outta Com..." WAIT! :stop: Oops! :p

I've only see 3 of those films, but my vote goes to the 'The Revenant'! :drool: :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash
Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Honestly, of the films nominated, The Big Short was the best for me. But I also really enjoyed The Martian and Bridge of Spies. I would be okay with The Revenant winning as well. Room is okay. I need to watch Brooklyn. Spotlight is meh. Mad Max: Fury Road is the most overrated film of the year for me.

Trying to see all Best Picture Nominees before next weekend. I only have Spotlight left to watch.

@Noodles I finally saw Room. WOW! incredible film that has really stuck with me. I think I might be rooting for this to win now!

Thought the Big Short was very over-rated.
and Bridge of Spies doesn't deserve to be on this list. It was good, but there are other films that were much better.
...Curious to see what will actually win.

I made a Printable Oscar Ballot for fun that you can download here. (Will add it to the OP of the Oscar threads).
OSCAR_BALLOT_HDN.jpg

@kaw Glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to rewatch it. I agree with you about The Big Short too... I didn't find it very funny/entertaining. A lot of it went over my head though if I'm honest. :p

I agree with you about The Big Short too... I didn't find it very funny/entertaining. A lot of it went over my head though if I'm honest. :p
I KNOW RIGHT? Any movie that needs to stop and take multiple breaks to explain things (and it still is overly complicated) is going to have a hard time working IMO.

I KNOW RIGHT? Any movie that needs to stop and take multiple breaks to explain things (and it still is overly complicated) is going to have a hard time working IMO.
Couldn't agree more!

Finally saw them all!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Ranking the 8 Best Picture Nominated films from best to worst (IMO):
  1. Room
  2. Mad Max: Fury Road
  3. The Revenant
  4. The Martian
  5. Brooklyn
  6. Spotlight
  7. The Big Short
  8. Bridge of Spies
Agree? Disagree? What's YOUR order?

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I voted for the Martian simply because I read the book and the movie did it justice.

The Revenant was great but anyone familiar with the true story of Hugh Glass will find it disappointing as it is quite historically inaccurate. That just bothered me.

Woah...
after watching the Oscars, I gotta see:
The Big Short
The Martian
The Revenant
and of course Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.