[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Poor Things

Genre: Comedy, Science Fiction, Romance

Director: Yorgos Lanthimos

Cast: Emma Stone, Willem Dafoe, Mark Ruffalo, Margaret Qualley, Christopher Abbott, Jerrod Carmichael, Ramy Youssef, Damien Bonnard, Kathryn Hunter, Suzy Bemba, Mellanie Hubert, Charlie Hiscock, Jeremy Wheeler, Roderick Hill, Jack Barton, Wayne Brett, Laurent Borel, Gergo Borbas, Alexandra Tóth, Sam J. Schiavo, Anders Olof Grundberg, Vivienne Soan, Noah Breton, David Bromley, Miles Jovian, Celina-Betty Diana Schleicher, Hisham Omer Abdelrahman Aburas

Plot: Upon drowning herself to escape her abusive husband, a woman has her brain replaced with the brain of her unborn child with the help of an eccentric scientist.

Up next from Yorgos Lanthimos (The Killing of a Sacred Deer) is a film titled Poor Things, which has been described as a Frankenstein-esque tale. From Searchlight Pictures, the upcoming movie has officially been rated “R” by the MPA this week.

Poor Things, which doesn’t yet have a release date, is rated “R” for: “Strong and pervasive sexual content, graphic nudity, disturbing material, gore, and language.”

Poor Things, which doesn’t yet have a release date, is rated “R” for: “Strong and pervasive sexual content, graphic nudity, disturbing material, gore, and language.”

Wow, Space Cadet is back from his second time in the cooler, and you had me at Emma Stone, sex, nudity, and gore - two please, thankyouverymuch!

poor_things.jpeg

Reactions: Lenny Nero
The original book, Poor Things by Alasdair Gray, was pretty wild, and the 'R' rating isn't a surprise if they are doing it justice.

But this...
“Strong and pervasive sexual content, graphic nudity, disturbing material, gore, and language.”
... makes it sound like something altogether different! I guess we'll have to wait and see what the movie does with it. :watch:

Ah man this looks incredible and surreal.
Stone looks like she’s going to smash what looks to be a reimagining of Frankenstein’s monster. Love lobster and sacred deer, can’t wait for this

Dafoe looks mental too

Ah man this looks incredible and surreal.
Stone looks like she’s going to smash what looks to be a reimagining of Frankenstein’s monster. Love lobster and sacred deer, can’t wait for this

Dafoe looks mental too
Yeah man, super looking forward to this! Loved all of Yorgos' work so far.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Having read Alisdair Gray’s original novel ‘Poor Things' like 25 year ago, I can honestly say that I never thought it would be made into a movie. A brave and bold choice. It will be very interesting to see how it has been brought to the screen.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Wow, what a movie, a roller-coaster of themes and emotions, encapsulating almost the whole of humanity without feeling rushed or superficial.
I loved it and will be rooting for it in every nomination during 'Oscars'!

Reactions: TheWildEye
Mark Ruffalo was utterly hilarious.
It was either a genius decision to have him ham it up, or a crazy mistake that's just paid off to the max.
He was spitting out classic lines like he was Richard E Grant in the film 'Withnail & I'

Good film.
Wasn't convinced entirely by the whole thing but loved 3/4s of it.

London/Lisbon/The Boat - all brilliant.
But
The whole "learning in Paris" section went on far too long. Okay, we get it...let's move on now.

The film was a win imo.
4 out of 5

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database