Post Pics of Your Bookshelf and last haul

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
I'll post pics of mine as soon as I'm done moving and my bookshelf is assembled back together, but in the meantime...

LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR BOOKSHELF! :D

Attachments

• bookstack.jpg
    bookstack.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Thought this might interest World War Z fans - RRP £16.99 but just picked up for £3.04 online at The Works (UK store)

eha8ysuq.jpg

deqy8ese.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Thought this might interest World War Z fans - RRP £16.99 but just picked up for £3.04 online at The Works (UK store)

My newest purchase and one that sounds like something like that I'd like to possibly adapt into a screenplay.

image.jpg

It's 1924 and the race to summit the world''s highest mountain has been brought to a terrified pause by the shocking disappearance of George Mallory and Sandy Irvine high on the shoulder of Mt. Everest. By the following year, three climbers -- a British poet and veteran of the Great War, a young French Chamonix guide, and an idealistic young American -- find a way to take their shot at the top. They arrange funding from the grieving Lady Bromley, whose son also disappeared on Mt. Everest in 1924. Young Bromley must be dead, but his mother refuses to believe it and pays the trio to bring him home.

Deep in Tibet and high on Everest, the three climbers -- joined by the missing boy''s female cousin -- find themselves being pursued through the night by someone . . . or something. This nightmare becomes a matter of life and death at 28,000 feet - but what is pursuing them? And what is the truth behind the 1924 disappearances on Everest? As they fight their way to the top of the world, the friends uncover a secret far more abominable than any mythical creature could ever be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak
The Abominable sounds really good! Could be a really cool movie if done properly.
It reminds me a little of At The mountains of Madness (graphic novel) which I haven't read yet just flipped through. I believe Guilermo Del Toro at one point was scheduled to direct a movie adaptation of that story which originally was written by H.P. Lovecraft.

The Abominable sounds really good! Could be a really cool movie if done properly.
It reminds me a little of At The mountains of Madness (graphic novel) which I haven't read yet just flipped through. I believe Guilermo Del Toro at one point was scheduled to direct a movie adaptation of that story which originally was written by H.P. Lovecraft.

Yeah, there's definitely similarities between the two novels. I still hope that GdT gets to make his dream project one day. It's too bad that he couldn't receive the funding because it would've been a rated-R picture with a $100-million+ budget. No way in hell would a studio pass out that kind of dough for a restricted film. :(

Finally got around to taking a photo. This image is of my novel bookstand. I also have separate stands for my trade paperbacks, strategy guides and movie script/art books.

For about 10 years up until about the year 2000, this is exactly what the horror section looked like in my local Waterstones :)

Reactions: justhedudeman
That manual looks really cool jcarter :scat: :scat: :scat: I only found the one with the arc reactor on the cover, is this the same one?

A bit early to have a biography I think...

Well, I think it's smart of them to strike while the iron is glowing hot and he's had a long career so there's plenty to write about but sure I can agree that it makes more sense to make a biography either very late in someone's career or after they're retired or passed away.
But when it comes to making money nothings too early.