Power Centers

thunda123

Premium Supporter
Feb 7, 2009
Arizona U.S.A.
Hey, are power centers a good buy? I've seen some of those Monster Power Centers etc and am wondering if I should pick one up. Anybody have one or know much about these?

There's pros and cons to these ... but ultimately if money allows it, get it. There's lots of good deals to be had on these as APC has been throwing out deals left and right on some for as low as 99.99 (reg retail 300) ... I never snagged one at the price because it was silver and id rather matching black components.

They are supposed to be providing the correct amount of power to each component and protect from lightning surges and any electrical surges ... however alot of people just say a good power surge protector takes care of that. In my eyes, I believe that ... and still see the ultimate need to have one but its one of those things I can wait and buy last or wait for a great deal etc.

Hey, are power centers a good buy? I've seen some of those Monster Power Centers etc and am wondering if I should pick one up. Anybody have one or know much about these?

Very good buy. They are the only thing that can stop a full on lightning bolt, every other surge protector will blow up, also allows your components to run cooler by not being overpowered, also less issues with loss of audio/video in cable runs, and your components will also last longer because they are not being overpowered.

Very good buy. They are the only thing that can stop a full on lightning bolt, every other surge protector will blow up, also allows your components to run cooler by not being overpowered, also less issues with loss of audio/video in cable runs, and your components will also last longer because they are not being overpowered.

So, what are some good one's to buy? Monster? Those are really the only ones I've seen. And what's a decent price range? Are the HD one's necessary?

So, what are some good one's to buy? Monster? Those are really the only ones I've seen. And what's a decent price range? Are the HD one's necessary?

Monster are the best, and you usually want to buy the best one available, I think retail is like $400 for a Monster one, I would then see what the price is on amazon.

Reactions: ocielz
APC is good too. They pretty much do the same thing so long as the specs are the same ... in which case, you dont have to buy the biggest baddest one out.

Same price as best buy, but are considered the best, it all depends on what you want protected.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=MP+HD+IR+2550

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=MP+HDP+1800

Or if you find a company of similar specs and warranty (350,000 dollars worth)

Panamax is also very good, but very very expensive.

All power centers from best buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...##1##l&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

I have a Belkin Pure AV (Belkin PureAV® Home Theater Power Console PF60). It's great, you can switch off power outlets when you turn off your AVR. I switch everything off that doesn't have a clock, like my 3D blu-ray and CD player.

IMG_0405e.jpg

All of Monsters stuff is overpriced, including their monster power. You are much better off with a uninterpretable power supply, UPS, like they use with servers. This is the cleanest power you can get.

Monster are the best, and you usually want to buy the best one available, I think retail is like $400 for a Monster one, I would then see what the price is on amazon.