Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks better than the Play steelbook IMO

Original poster artwork :thumbs: and you can expect a quality finish of the steelbook itself

Looking forward to getting all 4 films steelbooks in FAC Full Slip/Lenti Full Slips etc

This will easily end up looking better than Play steelbook and as a bonus the other predator films as well getting FAC treatment

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I like the front and inside but not a fan of the back. I am sure Film Arena will ruin it with some mediocre repetitive slip artwork anyway though so i'll stick with the Play.com edition.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I initially thought this was amazing as it is the original poster art, but (you guys can keep me right here) a quick Google search shows that this is like a combination of the style of the well known poster but with a clearer photo of Arnie which was used on other posters? Still, good enough for me as it's as close as we'll probably ever get to the actual poster.

Great to see the original poster art being used! Back could maybe be better though... then again, it could also be worse. A very welcome steelbook overall, and one I'll definitely be keeping an eye on. :D

After having a look around, I can see why they went with that image for the back... there's not much official art of the Predator that would actually work well with the front.

I came across one that's very similar to the one they've gone with, but has some slight differences (better colour and pose IMO) that I feel works better.

My quick edit...

pred.png

After having a look around, I can see why they went with that image for the back... there's not much official art of the Predator that would actually work well with the front.

I came across one that's very similar to the one they've gone with, but has some slight differences (better colour and pose IMO) that I feel works better.

My quick edit...

View attachment 386169
I hope that after 30 years the studios aren’t that strict with using official art.

It would be better if the creature (Predator, not Arnie) wasn’t revealed at all (even though we all know how it looks like). Keep it mysterious, and only see it when you watch the movie. :)

The front I like, as I’m a sucker for the classic art on classic movies (imagine Alien steelbook with that egg on the front).

I’m in for this, I only need to pray that they finally come up with a good transfer. Seriously...