Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
GB are not over it's just they'll be smaller in terms from who they'll release it. They'll have small amount of studios who'll still do releases just not much as now.

.... and good reason for prices to go up. Right ?

I dunno what you guys are talking about.. I don't think FAC said anything about GBs ceasing... why would they... all the said was the only studios they trust now are WB/Uni, so they'll only release their films. Which tbh is like 90% of what they've done recently anyway. The print runs won't differ, so it's the old thing.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Right, on HDN. Not sure about that. Doubt that's down to FAC, probably the host's call, as GBs are still running elsewhere.

There may be GBs running elsewhere but the stipulation has changed and u have to buy every single release
I haven't heard that from elsewhere, unless you're specifically talking about MP, which is only for European buyers from what I briefly read. Not unless it's perhaps happened very recently and effective from the next set of releases, because it wasn't with Shawshank for other GBs. Hosts pretty much always have to buy all copies to keep the arrangement going anyway.

There may be GBs running elsewhere but the stipulation has changed and u have to buy every single release
FAC wanted HDN to pickup the tab on any unsold copies, and guarantee x amount purchased every time, going forward.

Unfortunately, that’s not something we are able to do.

I’d hope they would stick with us anyway, given our years of loyalty. But not sure anymore. :(
Ludicrous for FAC to implement having to buy every release. Especially now, considering their releases don't sell out anymore.

Reactions: Halo500 and Noodles
Sure, but if sales are down, why further haemorrhage your sales by not doing any business period with a long-standing customer?
Well they don't need to worry about it for good titles, they'll sell out easily direct or with obliging GBs. Honestly it doesn't make a difference with poor titles either, they'll sell badly direct or with a non fixed obligation GB. By trying to force an allocation on HDN for all GBs, they were trying to guarantee sales of the titles they struggle with. It's sh!t, but it makes sense. It may damage their sales a little, but ultimately buyers who want titles will just get them elsewhere, so FAC probably don't care.

Reactions: Kersey
They need to review their premiums concentrate on decent releases with reasonable numbers. Top Gun, Jaws and Inception…high interest but low numbers. I don’t mind paying a little more for exclusive Steelbooks but world wide steelbook releases are not selling that they then repackaged and as a premium collection is poor.

The other issues are release delays or incomplete collections.
Where is Aliens, John Wick 2 & 3, Rose and Dawn for the Planet of the Apes , Spiderman No Way Home???

I currently have four titles on order that I am waiting for release including Predator.

I would pay a GB holding fee for a Trilogy collection (eg the Apes collection) as long as they actually deliver and within a reasonable timeframe (12 to 18 months)

HDZeta is the same… Terminator 2 and don’t get me started on Batman & Batman Returnsfrom Cine-Museum

The other issues are incomplete collections.
Where is Aliens, John Wick 2 & 3, Rise and Dawn for the Planet of the Apes , Spiderman No Way Home???

HDZeta is the same… Terminator 2
The answer to those are very simple, they don't have a license.

Aliens and Apes are foxdisney, and it's been made very evident with predator that their relationship with FAC is a bust.

NWH is Sony, who do not distribute in Czech anymore.

I'm not sure about JW. The original was bonton films in Czech, quite likely the sequels aren't, or FAC no longer has the license.

T2 with HDZ, similar story. T1 was Fox, T3/4 was Sony and T5 was Paramount. T2 isn't. I can't see a Chinese release of it at all, but HDZ evidently don't have the license, if there is a one.

I appreciate the frustration, but you need to see beyond a wishlist and consider what's possible. These retailers don't own the rights to these films, they can only release what the studios allow, out of what is actually available in their region.

the problem now is Disney bought FOX ... so license are not at the same studio as it was in the past, that's a reason because FA did not continue some saga ... for example "planet of apes" which was own by Fox, and now it's Disney.

And FA does not want to work anymore with Disney.

I'm furious for FAC Predator, I told I really was not happy due to the fact we paid since so many months ago, but the manager from FA seems he does not care .... I'm pretty we still won't get Predator this summer.
And it could last for years, because it's not the main goal for FA ... they want to release more FAC instead of trying & solve the issue with Disney.