Predestination (2014)

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Predestination (2014)

Tagline: To save the future he must reshape the past.

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Michael Spierig[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Peter Spierig[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ethan Hawke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sarah Snook[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Kirby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine West[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jim Knobeloch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Freya Stafford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elise Jansen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Coppin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Stollery[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Sommers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kuni Hashimoto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sara El-Yafi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Moder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Grant Piro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Bunworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jamie Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Tan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dennis Coard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Milla Simmonds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ruby Simmonds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cate Wolfe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Prendergast[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmen Warrington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sharon Kershaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Alexander-Powell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Smith Alexander-Powell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olivia Sprague[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katie Avram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Melissa Avram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Giordano Gangl[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Nikolakopoulos[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Monique Heath[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sophie Cusworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Finegan Sampson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Rock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Whybrow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Felicity Steel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucinda Armstrong Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucinda Armstrong Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maja Sarosiek[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vanessa Crouch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eliza D'Souza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sophie Van Den Akker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine Dixon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hayley Butcher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rebecca Cullinan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alicia Pavlis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ewa Bartecki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Arielle O'Neill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexis Fernandez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kristie Jandric[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marky Lee Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rob Jenkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Raj Sidhu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Annabelle Norman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Scott Norman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kristen Norman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Norman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Louise Talmadge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carolyn Shakespeare-Allen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noel Herriman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ray Tiernan[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-08-28[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]97[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Predestination chronicles the life of a Temporal Agent (Ethan Hawke) sent on an intricate series of time-travel journeys designed to prevent future killers from committing their crimes. Now, on his final assignment, the Agent must stop the one criminal that has eluded him throughout time and prevent a devastating attack in which thousands of lives will be lost.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kDdUtDsGMQ3OYwoBtEQyJIGPz4V.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

PRE-DESTINATION chronicles the life of a Temporal Agent sent on an intricate series of time-travel journeys designed to ensure the continuation of his law enforcement career for all eternity. Now, on his final assignment, the Agent must pursue the one criminal that has eluded him throughout time.

Predestination_OZ-poster-550x797.jpg

Directed by the Spierig Brothers (Daybreakers), starring Ethan Hawke (Before Sunset, Gattaca, Boyhood), Noah Taylor (Game Of Thrones, Shine) and featuring an amazing breakout performance by Aussie newcomer Sarah Snook (Not Suitable For Children),

PREDESTINATION hits Australian cinemas on 28 August, 2014.
North American Release Date: Jan 9 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen this yet!? Looks amazing! Reminds me a bit of Looper.
...Wonder when it will come out here?

This was a randomly chosen watch for me... I'd honestly never heard of it before and so obviously hadn't even seen the trailer, but the plot description sounded decent so I decided to give it a shot. The idea is pretty similar to Looper, but I'd say it's more thriller/drama than action/sci-fi, and the twists are so unexpected that I lost count of how many times my jaw hit the floor. It's one of those films you'll wish you could watch again for the first time, but I'm sure it'll still be just as head spinning on rewatch.

Reactions: ocielz
You can now watch the first 7 minutes (legally, of course) here. The beginning of the movie doesn't really sell it though IMO... it gets better and better as it progresses. ;)

This is a pretty rad poster for the film.

predestination.jpg

Comes out tomorrow in select Theaters and VOD!!! ...Hoping to finally watch it this weekend!

Just watched this movie today and damn, I loved every minute of it. And like Noodles said, I cant remember how many times my jaw hit the floor :OMG::OMG::OMG: Absolutely amazing film!

Reactions: Noodles
Just watched this movie today and damn, I loved every minute of it. And like Noodles said, I cant remember how many times my jaw hit the floor :OMG::OMG::OMG: Absolutely amazing film!
Really glad you enjoyed it too!

I just this minute finished rewatching it, and it definitely still holds up on rewatch... although I obviously knew what was coming, it still amazes me how the writers/directors pulled it off. Such great performances from the entire cast too, especially Sarah Snook. I even upped my rating from 4 stars to the full 5! :D

Reactions: AlienKing
Really glad you enjoyed it too!

I just this minute finished rewatching it, and it definitely still holds up on rewatch... although I obviously knew what was coming, it still amazes me how the writers/directors pulled it off. Such great performances from the entire cast too, especially Sarah Snook. I even upped my rating from 4 stars to the full 5! :D
Rewatched it? :wow: Well, I would too but not for now, if someone else is watching I'd watch it with them to see their reactions though. But man it was so hard to keep up with the timelines. I actually sat down after the movie and thought about the whole thing until it made sense to me. The whole time during the movie, my head was having so many ''holy sh!t wtf?'' moments :LOL: Great performances + great direction = one awesome movie! I'd love to see more movies like this. Although its 'adapted' it was never been done before. Much better than all the reboots/sequels/prequels lately...

Reactions: Noodles
Rewatched it? :wow: Well, I would too but not for now, if someone else is watching I'd watch it with them to see their reactions though. But man it was so hard to keep up with the timelines. I actually sat down after the movie and thought about the whole thing until it made sense to me. The whole time during the movie, my head was having so many ''holy sh!t wtf?'' moments :LOL: Great performances + great direction = one awesome movie! I'd love to see more movies like this. Although its 'adapted' it was never been done before. Much better than all the reboots/sequels/prequels lately...
Haha yep... and I'll no doubt watch it again before the year's out, because that's how much I enjoyed this movie! Despite knowing all the twists, it still leaves me thinking afterwards - I love when a film does that (Enemy had the same effect). This is definitely a film I'd recommend to my friends and family, and as you said... it'd be cool to actually sit and watch it with them, just to see their reactions. I'll be interested in checking out the short story it's based on (All You Zombies), so I'm going to have to hunt that down at some point.

Reactions: AlienKing
Haha yep... and I'll no doubt watch it again before the year's out, because that's how much I enjoyed this movie! Despite knowing all the twists, it still leaves me thinking afterwards - I love when a film does that (Enemy had the same effect). This is definitely a film I'd recommend to my friends and family, and as you said... it'd be cool to actually sit and watch it with them, just to see their reactions. I'll be interested in checking out the short story it's based on (All You Zombies), so I'm going to have to hunt that down at some point.
I'll have to give Enemy a watch then :thumbs:

Yeah dont think people out there know about this film its so low key ,no hype media .
trying to tell people at work about it
defo one of those films got to watch again and also i guess one of those films that people(Who turn off films) will do just that having started watching it "caus its weird"dont make sense"
you start thinking ...."is that" without giving anything away.
Sort of film these days after its finished people start goggling away on the internet to find out what other peoples take understanding of it was , same as yours or a completely different view of events

Last edited: