Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99

PiP2.PNG

A newly remastered Blu-ray, from a 4K film transfer supervised by director Howard Deutch, Pretty in Pink looks prettier than ever. Teen sensations Molly Ringwald (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club) and Andrew McCarthy (St. Elmo’s Fire) drew rave reviews for their starring performances in this hit love story produced and written by John Hughes (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles). Andie is a high school girl from the other side of town. Blane’s the wealthy heartthrob who asks her to the prom. But as fast as their romance builds, it’s threatened by the painful reality of peer pressure. From its bittersweet story to its hip New Wave soundtrack, the film features great supporting performances from Harry Dean Stanton, Jon Cryer, James Spader and Annie Potts.

New Feature
  • FILMMAKER FOCUS: Director Howard Deutch on PRETTY IN PINK
  • ISOLATED SCORE
Original Special Features
  • THE LOST DANCE: The Original Ending
  • ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER

Last edited:
@Noodles @karl01
Guys as that girl who grew up loving this movie I feel I must give it a shout out.
Yes it’s a girls movie and it’s my second fav John Hughes movie after breakfast club (planes trains /16 candles are joint 3rd) it is a snapshot of the 80s which like the breakfast club is just nostalgic for me.
Get why you don’t want to buy a girls movie so just stick the soundtrack on. Again just my opinion minus a doggy nick kershaw cover an excellent track list.

Reactions: karl01 and Noodles
@Noodles @karl01
Guys as that girl who grew up loving this movie I feel I must give it a shout out.
Yes it’s a girls movie and it’s my second fav John Hughes movie after breakfast club (planes trains /16 candles are joint 3rd) it is a snapshot of the 80s which like the breakfast club is just nostalgic for me.
Get why you don’t want to buy a girls movie so just stick the soundtrack on. Again just my opinion minus a doggy nick kershaw cover an excellent track list.

There's a lot of "girly" movies I'm a big fan of to be fair, although they're always something I still put off watching. Similar to how I am with spicy foods... the thought alone doesn't really appeal to me, but once I eventually give them a go I often end up being pleasantly surprised lol. I will watch this at some point, but I'm in no major rush I guess. Still got a few of Hughes' other films to check out too!

Reactions: snow flake
@Noodles cool :thanks: let me know what you think when you get around to it.

On a side note the other John Hughes film some kind of wonderful is this movie done in resverse. Same story but with a guy in the lead and the flipped ending. Which is why I didn’t like it when I saw it. I thought whaat.............

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles cool :thanks: let me know what you think when you get around to it.

On a side note the other John Hughes film some kind of wonderful is this movie done in resverse. Same story but with a guy in the lead and the flipped ending. Which is why I didn’t like it when I saw it. I thought whaat.............
Will do! :thumbs:

Can't say that one was ever on my radar to be honest lol.

Reactions: snow flake