Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Prey

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Action

Director: Dan Trachtenberg

Release: 0000-00-00

Plot: Set 300 years ago in the Comanche Nation, skilled warrior Naru protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.

It also proves, the jungle is the best setting for this franchise. Where they went wrong is when they went urban and made them feel like Stephen Speilberg movies. Predator 2 was decent but 'The Predator' was downright awful and I won't even mention the AVP movies. I think there's a new comic book series being launched later this month, set in the future where the predators are being hunted....keep an eye out for it.

Reactions: jcm
It also proves, the jungle is the best setting for this franchise. Where they went wrong is when they went urban and made them feel like Stephen Speilberg movies. Predator 2 was decent but 'The Predator' was downright awful and I won't even mention the AVP movies. I think there's a new comic book series being launched later this month, set in the future where the predators are being hunted....keep an eye out for it.

For me Predator is far and above all its sequels but I would probably say Predator 2, Predators, and Prey are about on par. They tried something new and didn’t always hit the mark. At the end of the day they are an entertaining watch. I agree The Predator was bad but not in a funny bad way I view the AVP movies.

Reactions: 3Maters and shazman
Just finished watching and really enjoyed this. Nice cinematography, fresh design on the creature, distinct from all the previous entries in the franchise. I think you are going to have a good time.

Oh man this was awesome. Actually very impressed and had some fantastic action. Most of the shots and cinematography was great too. Bear CGi was a tad ropey at first but other than that the picture and visuals was solid. Defo my favourite since the original

Reactions: Space Cadet
I was so negatively predisposed, that I liked it. Especially the second half, where there's practically constant predator murders.
Native Americans won't be embarrassed either after all, as far as I could understand, they were shown with respect, besides that scene when they attacked a female of their own tribe.
I think this is the best of the new films, after original two.

Reactions: Flloydo
I was so negatively predisposed, that I liked it. Especially the second half, where there's practically constant predator murders.
Native Americans won't be embarrassed either after all, as far as I could understand, they were shown with respect, besides that scene when they attacked a female of their own tribe.
I think this is the best of the new films, after original two.

Our resident Cossack knows how Native American's feel, after "This is going to suck so much, even Native Americans are going to be embarrassed." - comment.

Woah! That was badass, definitely worth a second watch. Aside from the first this one would come second in line, I loved it. The CGI on a couple of the wildlife was pretty lousy but damn the Predator was awesome, I mean damn he could kick some a$$! :thanks: :thanks:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Our resident Cossack knows how Native American's feel, after "This is going to suck so much, even Native Americans are going to be embarrassed." - comment.
I said "as far as I could understand", because I'm not pretending to be an expert of their culture.
I did pass for one for many years, with very long hair, as was pointed out to me by numerous cashiers, and that's why no one, not the Mexicans, or the black gangs, ever touched me even at 2AM on their turf in south LA. :smuggrin:

Reactions: Space Cadet
Just watched this, thought it was ok - better than I thought it would be based on the low budget, general premise and the fact it was a straight to streaming release but not as good as the reactions from others had hyped it up to be. Would probably give it a 6/10

Would be down for a sequel though, the Naru character was one I could get behind and root for and it would be nice to see an actual sequel to a Predator film with the same characters rather than just throwaway references to previous films like what has happened in all the other Predator films

Did anyone notice this in the credits?

After watching it a second time I began to think about the Predator 2 pistol that Naru is left with at the end of the film. Obviously this implies she will at a minimum have another run in with a Predator in which you could probably infer she loses to as predators keep trophies of their kill. As the credits rolled with the cave art recap there was a scene that ended after the ending of the movie in which multiple ships arrived? I guess it kind of leaves it open as a possible plot for a sequel, similarly to the way Predators ended.

Did anyone notice this in the credits?

After watching it a second time I began to think about the Predator 2 pistol that Naru is left with at the end of the film. Obviously this implies she will at a minimum have another run in with a Predator in which you could probably infer she loses to as predators keep trophies of their kill. As the credits rolled with the cave art recap there was a scene that ended after the ending of the movie in which multiple ships arrived? I guess it kind of leaves it open as a possible plot for a sequel, similarly to the way Predators ended.
I had no idea there was a stinger at the end of the credits, will definitely give it another watch. Thanks :)

Watched it out of interest because a lot of people seem to like it. I thought it was okay as well, not a great movie by any means, but a good bit of entertainment and a fun watch.
I was not surprised, but still disappointed by the absolutely ridiculous portayal of the french though. It's like, we got it hollywood. I guess white people in that context nowadays have to be portayed as these semi-retarded, ultra ugly, dirty, grunting monsters. Compare that to how the natives are portrayed it's just hilarious and honestly took me out of the movie. I mean they make the predator look civilized, it's like pure satire at that point. Before that the movie was great, especially how it slowly built up and how naturalistic it was shot. When the french were introduced and in the way they were I just had to sigh. They should have just done a story set before the settlers if they don't want to do that aspect realistically and in a more objective way.

It’s the final scene depicted in the cave art not a traditional after credits scene. It’s right after it shows the title card.
Yeah, it's a blink and you'll miss it 2 second extra drawing.
I guess it implies
that they all die in the end.

If one thinks about it a little, it all falls apart honestly, and exactly on the points that I deemed laughable based on initial concept of a small woman fighting a huge alien with arrows and a tomahawk.
They made this predator conveniently stupid, with less powerful weapons, and basically no armor, so that 'strong powerful woman' could hack at it in any place, and stab his feet, which were always armored previously, even in Maya times in AvP. Now he's wearing rags.

Watched it out of interest because a lot of people seem to like it. I thought it was okay as well, not a great movie by any means, but a good bit of entertainment and a fun watch.
I was not surprised, but still disappointed by the absolutely ridiculous portayal of the french though. It's like, we got it hollywood. I guess white people in that context nowadays have to be portayed as these semi-retarded, ultra ugly, dirty, grunting monsters. Compare that to how the natives are portrayed it's just hilarious and honestly took me out of the movie. I mean they make the predator look civilized, it's like pure satire at that point. Before that the movie was great, especially how it slowly built up and how naturalistic it was shot. When the french were introduced and in the way they were I just had to sigh. They should have just done a story set before the settlers if they don't want to do that aspect realistically and in a more objective way.

It was over the top yes. But come on. What else white people were to Native Americans than "monsters" ! Brought booze. european diseases, took their land, riches, killed animals for fun, etc etc ...