Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Attachments

• vinyldrop1.jpg
    vinyldrop1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Recordstore.co.uk are offering 29% off for today only on purchases (includes pre-orders) over £50.

Use the code LEAP16 during checkout.

I just bought 10 items which came to around £160 overall (some of which are pre-orders), but I saved a ton of dosh! :D

Reactions: Wreck
Im too lazy right now to open a Record Store Day 2016 thread but just a heads up to all you vinyl cracks:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Millennium Falcon-shaped Picture Disc - RSD 2016 release :wacky::watch:

@Noodles ;)
:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

I hardly ever follow RSD releases now as it's always impossible for me to get hold of anything I want since there's no where locally that takes part... but I'm definitely going to try and get my hands on the TFA vinyl!

Reactions: dan8885
:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

I hardly ever follow RSD releases now as it's always impossible for me to get hold of anything I want since there's no where locally that takes part... but I'm definitely going to try and get my hands on the TFA vinyl!

Sadly I got early shift on April 16 but I'll go after work to some stores. But like you said, most stuff will gone then :dunno: If I'll able to find one I'll help you out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Sadly I got early shift on April 16 but I'll go after work to some stores. But like you said, most stuff will gone then :dunno: If I'll able to find one I'll help you out.
Thanks dude, that'd be awesome! No worries if you're unable to get me one though... the fact you offered to help at all is very much appreciated. :)

@Noodles I just found this at Amazon.de marketplace. RSD16 is Record Store Day 2016 so it should be the Millennium Falcon Shaped 7 inch :smuggrin: Ordered :naughty:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01B5GM1TU/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Edit: You saw this one? http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/03/23/force-awakens-ost-gets-picture-disc-release-through-ht/

Edit 2: Damn, theres also talk about a 10 inch picture disc for RSD 16:

Due to a leaked list, and some cross checking with a record store (that will remained unnamed because of RSD rules), we know a bunch of the Record Store Day 2016 items. The first I’ll highlight is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens 10″. The 10″ will reportedly be a picture disc, featuring “March Of The Resistance” and “Rey’s Theme.”

So it's probably this Release and not a Millennium Falcon Shaped one. I'll Keep the Order :D

418457262307:800

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
@Noodles I just found this at Amazon.de marketplace. RSD16 is Record Store Day 2016 so it should be the Millennium Falcon Shaped 7 inch :smuggrin: Ordered :naughty:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01B5GM1TU/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Edit: You saw this one? http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/03/23/force-awakens-ost-gets-picture-disc-release-through-ht/

Edit 2: Damn, theres also talk about a 10 inch picture disc for RSD 16:

Due to a leaked list, and some cross checking with a record store (that will remained unnamed because of RSD rules), we know a bunch of the Record Store Day 2016 items. The first I’ll highlight is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens 10″. The 10″ will reportedly be a picture disc, featuring “March Of The Resistance” and “Rey’s Theme.”

So it's probably this Release and not a Millennium Falcon Shaped one. I'll Keep the Order :D

418457262307:800
Thanks for the link buddy. :thumbs:

Shame it's not actually the shape of the Falcon, but it's still tempting! I'm more about packaging though, so will probably wait to see which release has the better looking outer sleeve and then make up my mind about. :)

Thanks for the link buddy. :thumbs:

Shame it's not actually the shape of the Falcon, but it's still tempting! I'm more about packaging though, so will probably wait to see which release has the better looking outer sleeve and then make up my mind about. :)

The regular double LP whats released in April has the same packaging like the US Slipcover for the BD. Embossed and everything ;)

Bad idea. Records should always be stored straight, never at an angle and you can get superb storage already in the UK with the likes of icubes.

Bad idea. Records should always be stored straight, never at an angle and you can get superb storage already in the UK with the likes of icubes.

It's not to store your records. It's to have a selection you're just listen to near your player. Organized, up right, to flip through and not in small stacks with everything flying and lying around. Records only warp or scratch if you keep them for decades with a lean. And who needs iCube when Ikea got Expidit.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I would never store any records like that. Once I play one it goes back into storage. I don't leave it laying around. Records warp or scratch every easily if not looked after properly and it doesn't take much to cause damage.

HMV’s answer to Record Store Day.

Following last year’s event, HMV is holding another vinyl week across its store in June.

A bit like RSD (in more ways than one), the chain has lined up some limited edition, mostly colour, vinyl releases – that aren’t especially sought-after – as exclusives for the week. The first batch of titles have been announced and include Manic Street Preachers’ Everything Must Go, Deep Purple’s In Rock, John Martyn’s Solid Air and The Sun Records Collection.

As Music Week reports, more titles will be revealed this Friday with full list of exclusives to be announced next week.

HMV vinyl weeks runs from 13-19 June.

@Noodles @Flloydo @Travis Bickle

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles

Following last year’s event, HMV is holding another vinyl week across its store in June.

A bit like RSD (in more ways than one), the chain has lined up some limited edition, mostly colour, vinyl releases – that aren’t especially sought-after – as exclusives for the week. The first batch of titles have been announced and include Manic Street Preachers’ Everything Must Go, Deep Purple’s In Rock, John Martyn’s Solid Air and The Sun Records Collection.

As Music Week reports, more titles will be revealed this Friday with full list of exclusives to be announced next week.

Cool idea and something I'll definitely keep an eye on... nothing in the first batch interests me though unfortunately. They had quite a few decent titles last year, none of which I managed to pick up due to being broke at the time. (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885

Cheers mate, signed up a few weeks ago but like noodles says nothing really interests me or grabs me like last years. Hoping they save the best for last

Deep purple is cool though

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885