Prince of Darkness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: November 5, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

prince.png

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Discs
(4K UHD Disc/Blu-ray/Blu-ray Bonus)

11868280-7084609003002378.png 11868280-6824609003073142.png 11868280-5744609003178241.jpg

• Extras:
    • Malevolent: Unearthing John Carpenter’s PRINCE OF DARKNESS: A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Cinematographer Gary Kibbe, actor Peter Jason, actor Alice Cooper, composer Alan Howarth, script supervisor Sandy King, visual effects supervisor Robert Grasmere, stunt coordinator Jeff Imada, Carpenter biographer John Muir, film historian C. Courtney Joyner, music historian Daniel Schweiger and Producer Larry Franco
    • Intro by John Carpenter – an interview with director John Carpenter originally recorded for a French DVD release in 2003
    • Scene Analysis by John Carpenter - Director John Carpenter analyses key scenes from Prince of Darkness, in an interview from 2003
    • Audio commentary with John Carpenter and Peter Jason
    • Sympathy for the Devil: Interview with John Carpenter - from 2013
    • Horror's Halloween Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark - a fun tour of the film’s locations hosted by Sean Clark
    • Trailer
    • Photo gallery incl. Behind the Scenes

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
I will be getting this steelbook even though I already have the scream factory steelbook

UK/Europe release has 4K scan restoration on Blu-ray disc not just the 4K UHD disc

I like the scream factory steelbook artwork though more than this UK/Europe artwork

I will be getting this steelbook even though I already have the scream factory steelbook

UK/Europe release has 4K scan restoration on Blu-ray disc not just the 4K UHD disc

I like the scream factory steelbook artwork though more than this UK/Europe artwork
I kinda like this new image. But, then again - it never had strong art in the first place.
I absolutely love the film, but I always thought the release poster art was dumb.
78F1EBEF-F648-456E-B535-ED3EFDDA3329.jpeg

I actually remember seeing this in theater when I was in my teens!

Reactions: paulboland
I kinda like this new image. But, then again - it never had strong art in the first place.
I absolutely love the film, but I always thought the release poster art was dumb.
View attachment 392471

I actually remember seeing this in theater when I was in my teens!
I agree the original poster artwork was not the best
Some of the original poster artwork for films in the 80's was not the best this film not alone in that regard :rofl:

Scream Factory steelbook artwork is cool looking

This new steelbook artwork matt has done is also good and similar in a way both have green style but I still prefer the scream factory artwork overall

I agree the original poster artwork was not the best
Some of the original poster artwork for films in the 80's was not the best this film not alone in that regard :rofl:

Scream Factory steelbook artwork is cool looking

This new steelbook artwork matt has done is also good and similar in a way both have green style but I still prefer the scream factory artwork overall
Say what?!:wow:
The 1980's is the heyday of Drew Struzan, Bob Peak, John Alvin and Richard Amsel!!

I said some films not all ;)
The greatest thing about the film (and a point that many people may not realize) is that Carpenter was coming at the horror from Quantum Physics angle (instead of the usual God and the Devil - we had God and Anti-God existing on a atomic level. And possible futures/dimensions and fabric of time/reality touched on as well)
I thought the whole setup was unique and singular.

Remember putting VHS (actually, copy of the original - in the early 90s they used to buy one original and then do 10 copies, haha, some of them earned tons of money on piracy in Croatia) rented at the local VHS rental in my VCR and then having a shaking picture for the first 6 minutes of the movie.... I think I was 10 years old. Totally one of the movies besides The Thing that I remember the most. I guess I was huge fan of JC back then too.

4K UHD disc yes will be region free

Blu-ray discs very likely will be Region B locked as it's a StudioCanal release

Film on 4K UHD and Blu-ray Disc
Extras on Bonus Blu-ray Disc

Both 4K UHD and Blu-ray disc have film remastered from 4K scan

• Informative
Reactions: tridon