Prince of Persia Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
Prince of Persia is an action-adventure video game franchise that was created by Jordan Mechner. Through the various titles, the series has been developed and published by many different companies. Although originally primarily comprising side-scrolling platform video games, the franchise has since evolved, featuring mainly three-dimensional action-adventure games, and even spawning a film. The franchise was rebooted in 2003 with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, then again rebooted in 2008, three installments later, with Prince of Persia.

prince-of-persia-prodigy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just came back to this game. About 75% of the way through on the first run through, but lately all i hear is an annoying ringing noise over and over and over again. Its driving me insane, anyone else ever get this?

No ... maybe your ps3 ... I've experienced some WEIRD glitches lately.

I even popped in a game yesterday that I had about 5 trophies for and because I had no saves for it I started over and next thing you knew it was giving me trophies I already had.

Also had a game automatically when zooming in to aim scroll upwards like to the left hand corner of the screen making it impossible to aim and a str8 pain in the neck .... (on the old ps3) then on this ps3 with the new install of the game, it works fine.

No ... maybe your ps3 ... I've experienced some WEIRD glitches lately.

I even popped in a game yesterday that I had about 5 trophies for and because I had no saves for it I started over and next thing you knew it was giving me trophies I already had.

Also had a game automatically when zooming in to aim scroll upwards like to the left hand corner of the screen making it impossible to aim and a str8 pain in the neck .... (on the old ps3) then on this ps3 with the new install of the game, it works fine.

Its because u don't have them on your new ps3, but have them on the server buddy.

Movie news...

<object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=100361501,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=100361501,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubisoft: Prince of Persia 2008 Was Not An Experiment

When Ubisoft announced that their latest Prince of Persia, The Forgotten Sands, would be heading back to its Sands of Time roots, a lot of people took that as a vote of no confidence on their 2008 outing. Admittedly, that was my first reaction.

When we caught up with Ubisoft Montreal’s Animation Director, Jan Sjovall, recently, we bluntly asked him whether the 2008 version was quite simply an experiment.

“No, I don’t think so,” said Sjovall, “I think it was a breakout. It was groundbreaking in a couple of issues. For example, we tried out a couple of new things, like how you deal with error management because you couldn't die; having a second character like Elika; how to break the gameplay up in Prince of Persia between separate acrobatics and fights. So, it wasn’t an experiment, we tried to truly do something new and unique.”

“Maybe it’s being looked upon as an experiment,” he concluded, “but it definitely wasn’t one. We experimented a lot, but it was not an experiment.”

What does that mean for the 2008 Prince? Can we expect to see him return? Sjovall didn’t know and said that decision lied with the powers that be at Ubisoft.

“I really don’t know,” Sjovall responded, “It would be nice to see this. What the plan is, with either the POP 2008 or whether this [The Forgotten Sands] is being brokered into a trilogy, or developing the story of the original Prince any further, I can’t say.”

“We will see what Ubisoft management or the IP/franchise team wants to do with the IP.”