Project A & Project A Part II (Limited Edition Box Set Blu-ray) (Eureka Classics) [UK]

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: October 22, 2018
Purchase links: Eureka - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Eureka - Amazon - Hmv) - £22.99 (Zavvi)

Set Info -
New Announcement! JACKIE CHAN’S PROJECT A & PROJECT A PART II, a set of effortlessly entertaining action comedy adventures, will be released on Blu-ray as part of the Eureka Classics range on 22 October 2018, presented from brand new 2K restorations in a lavish Special Limited Edition 2-disc Hardbound Boxed Set.

A pair of incredible action-adventure extravaganzas from the legendary Jackie Chan, PROJECT A & PROJECT A PART II make their long overdue debut on Blu-ray in the UK from brand new 2K restorations. Starring three of the greatest martial-arts action stars of all time (Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao), thePROJECT A films blended unparalleled martial artistry, death defying stunts and physical comedy in a way that has yet to be matched.

PROJECT A – Jackie plays Sergeant Dragon Ma, a turn-of-the-century coastguard, hot on the trail of a ruthless band of cut-throat pirates, intent on spreading a trail of blood and mayhem across the South China Seas. Project A features some of the most dangerous stunts of Jackie’s career, including homages to Buster Keaton’s Steamboat Bill, Jr. and Harold Lloyd’s Safety Last!.

PROJECT A PART II – After the events of the first film, Dragon Ma is given a new assignment, to clean up crime and corruption in the roughest part of town. The pressure was on to top the first film in terms of sheer spectacle, but PROJECT A PART II rises to the challenge and delivers one of the most stunt-packed, rip-roaring action-adventures of all time.

Presented from brand new 2K restorations and fully uncut, Eureka Classics is proud to present JACKIE CHAN’S PROJECT A & PROJECT A PART II for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a special Limited Edition Box Set packed with extra content.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES including:

Special Limited Edition Box Set | 1080p presentations of both films, sourced from brand new 2K restorations and making their UK debuts on Blu-ray | Original Cantonese audio tracks for both films (mono for Project A and stereo for Project A Part II) | Restored 5.1 Cantonese and English audio options | Optional English SDH subtitles | A new video interview with Tony Rayns | Archival interview with Jackie Chan [30 mins] | Interview with actor Lee Hoi San [22 mins] | Interview with actor Yuen Biao [18 mins] | Interview with actor Dick Wei [14 mins] | Interview with actor Michael Chan Wai-Man [20 mins] | Interview with composer Michael Lai [17 mins] | Interview with writer and producer Edward Tang [30 mins] | Interview with stuntman Anthony Carpio [29 mins] | Interview with stuntman Mars [15 mins] | Someone Will Know Me [13 mins] - an archival featurette which includes interviews with stuntmen Mars, Chris Lee Kin-Sang and Rocky Lai | Alternate outtakes for Project A from the Japanese version of the film. | Archival behind-the-scenes footage [24 mins] | Deleted Scenes | Box set exclusive – Collectors booklets for each film, featuring new essays and archival content

837CACAA-87EA-40CE-89DD-C8C02BC9642E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eureka have gone Chan mad! :wacky: no bad thing - their restorations are excellent, and if any actor needed proper restoration of their films, it's Chan - all of these have so many alternate versions in the market, variable PQ, poor dubbing, it's hard to keep up.

yet another one @AlienKing @Brewster001 @denizen @Noodles @Rady @TheCollector86! :thumbs: bring it.

giphy.gif

happy days. :) this week's been a bit of a downer for me outside of HDN, so what more could you want than 2 doses of remastered Jackie Chan pirate policing? pics and descriptions follow for those still wavering. fyi @AlienKing @Brewster001 @cooey @denizen @Noodles @paulboland @Rady @TheCollector86 :thumbs:
it's the same set-up as the Police Story 1& 2 pack, two amarays with booklets and single discs inside an average sturdiness slipbox. here's the credits/info on the back:
as for the previous double pack, it's a shame the front art on the slip isn't different and is instead a copy of the Part 1 amaray art, but there you go. lots of text on the backs:
i'm liking the inside shot for Part 1 more than Part 2, nice:
as for Police Story 1 & 2, the booklets are my kind of booklet. ok, they're stapled not perfect bound, but a good combo of article, photos, behind the scenes and classic official and bootleg posters, which reminds me very much of how i first encountered these films! :thumbs: here's the booklet for Part 1:
here's your inside shots for Part 2. the inside shot they've chosen is an odd one:
and the booklet for Part 2:
i've given the discs a spin and the PQ looks good, better for Part 1, some of Part 2 has visible grain in the half-light scenes, but better than i've seen before for either of them. another great set from Eureka! now just give me a remastered Armour of God 1 & 2!

happy days. :) this week's been a bit of a downer for me outside of HDN, so what more could you want than 2 doses of remastered Jackie Chan pirate policing? pics and descriptions follow for those still wavering. fyi @AlienKing @Brewster001 @cooey @denizen @Noodles @paulboland @Rady @TheCollector86 :thumbs:
it's the same set-up as the Police Story 1& 2 pack, two amarays with booklets and single discs inside an average sturdiness slipbox. here's the credits/info on the back:
as for the previous double pack, it's a shame the front art on the slip isn't different and is instead a copy of the Part 1 amaray art, but there you go. lots of text on the backs:
i'm liking the inside shot for Part 1 more than Part 2, nice:
as for Police Story 1 & 2, the booklets are my kind of booklet. ok, they're stapled not perfect bound, but a good combo of article, photos, behind the scenes and classic official and bootleg posters, which reminds me very much of how i first encountered these films! :thumbs: here's the booklet for Part 1:
here's your inside shots for Part 2. the inside shot they've chosen is an odd one:
and the booklet for Part 2:
i've given the discs a spin and the PQ looks good, better for Part 1, some of Part 2 has visible grain in the half-light scenes, but better than i've seen before for either of them. another great set from Eureka! now just give me a remastered Armour of God 1 & 2!

Thanks for the really detailed/informative post as always! I still need to pick these sets up.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart