Protecting Mondo Steelbooks

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Hi everyone,

Today I got my first Mondo steelbooks, and thought I'd create a thread to ask about protecting them.

They do not fit the SC2 Protective Sleeves that I usually buy for my steelbooks from eBay, and although the Mondo slip covers are almost like protection for the steelbooks, I would also like to protect the slip covers from getting any scratches!

Does anyone have any suggestions? What do you do? I would prefer not to use those steelbook bag things, I really hate them.

Thanks! :happy::thumbs:

As I am new to steelbook collecting...(And I'm also still waiting for my Mondo steelbooks to arrive), if Mondo steelbooks are the same size as regular steelbooks...Then maybe try these the ones sold at this site:

http://www.blu-steels.com/

I ordered some of their protective cases...Still waiting on them to arrive as well.

Reactions: Ultron96
As I am new to steelbook collecting...(And I'm also still waiting for my Mondo steelbooks to arrive), if Mondo steelbooks are the same size as regular steelbooks...Then maybe try these the ones sold at this site:

http://www.blu-steels.com/

I ordered some of their protective cases...Still waiting on them to arrive as well.
Welcome to HDN and steelbook collecting @Jcoe0723!

Those protective sleeves are the ones that I mentioned in the OP, the SC2s. Whilst Mondos are the same size as all other G2 steelbooks, all Mondos come with a slipcover with artwork on it, which makes them very slightly too big to fit into normal protective sleeves!

Some advice: Next time you buy some protective sleeves, try the seller steelbook-central on eBay, they have different sleeves for different steelbooks for very reasonable prices! They're currently out of stock but should have some more in soon.

Those protective sleeves are the ones that I mentioned in the OP, the SC2s. Whilst Mondos are the same size as all other G2 steelbooks, all Mondos come with a slipcover with artwork on it, which makes them very slightly too big to fit into normal protective sleeves!

Some advice: Next time you buy some protective sleeves, try the seller steelbook-central on eBay, they have different sleeves for different steelbooks for very reasonable prices! They're currently out of stock but should have some more in soon.

Thanks @Ultron96!

And I'll have to remember that! Not quite sure if I'm happy with blu-steels...I ordered from their site back on 04/07/15 and my payment went through like two days after that..Yet my products have yet to ship. (n)

Also @Jcoe0723 be aware that steelbook-central has a site of its own- independent of eBay. I have no idea if there is a difference in prices between the site and the eBay shop. (Or if geography comes into play).
Just thought people should know that they are not just on eBay.
And I buy from them as well.

The protective sleeves I'm using for Mondo steelbooks are SCF1 which fit extremely well.

Scf1 fit them perfectly, sleeve or no sleeve
SCF1s we're going to be my alternative. They're what I use for my lenti slips but I thought they might be slightly big for Mondos, but they'll have to do.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if SC3s fit Mondos. They're supposed to be slightly looser than SC2s, but again I have a feeling they won't fit Mondos as they will be the same height as the SC2s so the Mondo slips won't quite fit.

SCF1s we're going to be my alternative. They're what I use for my lenti slips but I thought they might be slightly big for Mondos, but they'll have to do.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if SC3s fit Mondos. They're supposed to be slightly looser than SC2s, but again I have a feeling they won't fit Mondos as they will be the same height as the SC2s so the Mondo slips won't quite fit.
I've been using SC3 on my Mondos they fit quite nicely!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C2V3N and Ultron96
Does anyone have any experience with the plastic wrap that comes with mondo steelbooks causing damage to the slipcovers/steelbooks?

I've had this problem with regular blu-rays where I would leave the plastic wrap on as a form of protection for a long time, and then when I would eventually open it, the plastic wrap on some blu-rays would be "melted" and kind of fused to the spine of the case.

Until I can get some protective sleeves, I'm keeping the plastic wrap that came on my steelbooks on as a way to prevent scratching of the slipcovers. I'm slightly worried that when I finally open the wrapping, that the wrapping will have stuck to or been melted onto the slipcover.

They're such perfect steelbook protectors it's annoying that they're out of stock so often!! They need to expand their production and make at least twice as many!
I had e-mail off SBC and they're saying that the new stock of SC2 slipcovers have been redesigned a little bit bigger for a looser fit!! Why can't they just leave em alone they was PERFECT!