PS2 has shipped 150 million units worldwide

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Sony’s PlayStation 2 has shipped a whopping 150 million units globally, the hardware manufacturer has revealed.

Released back in 2000, the system has flogged an eye-watering 1.52 billion units of software, and boasts a line-up of approximately 10,828 titles to its name.

Furthermore, Sony said that it expects continued demand for the aging platform in a number of territories, including Eastern Europe, South America, South East Asia and the Middle East.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas holds the distinction of being the PS2’s best-selling game to date, having sold a prodigious 20 million units worldwide as of February 2009. Other heavy-hitters available on the platform including Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Resident Evil 4, God of War I & II, Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Colossus and Silent Hill 2.

I haven't either but I would like to when the "re-issue" for the PS3 comes out. I also wish the PS3 would get the ability to play PS2 disks, but we all know where that stands. I'd like to be able to play the original Killzone, and revisit a lot of old favorites.

1) I can't believe that the PS2 has hit those numbers... If they kept supporting it, in this economy, they could hit 200 million EASY!

2) I've never played Ico or Shadow of the colossus... But I will get the collection in order to ramp up for the last guardian... I'm pretty stoked on the whole idea!

3) I thought it was stupid that they removed BC, but I honestly never used it. I know some people do, and the PS3 components are seriously becoming cheap enough that they could add BC back in... IDK what their deal is. I know they want to get more money off these HD collections... But not EVERY game is going to come to an HD collection...

I still got a broken 60 gig to send in so I can play ps2 games. There arent a lot I want to play due to quality, but I want to get my "NBA STREEET" on!