PS3 Broken?

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
My brother is here and has played his PS3 pretty regularly. He played it last night then I disconnected it and placed it in a case.

No one touched it all night and it was unplugged so there was no heat or physical damage to the PS3.

He was having problems syncing the other day but after about 10 tries got it to work.

We share PSN accounts with each other...

NOW his PS3 said that he had NO registered PSN accounts on his PS3 (we checked the PSN games and all had the copyright error)...

His trophies still showed up under his PS3 account name, but his PSN wasn't there. We signed him back up for PSN using the same information (log in and password) from so he might be alright. BUT he still can't access the games that I've bought.

His PS3 isn't shutting off irregularly and he hasn't got the YLOD so I don't know what's going on...

Any help? We're trying not to reformat because of shared content.

(which is all legal because we all live in the same house hold and are in the same family; the issue is that there are 5 PS3s in my house so we don't have spare names to just share... which means that if he formats he looses the games that we shared to his PS3.)

Last edited by a moderator:
he just told me that when he first plugged it in this morning and turned it on that it asked him to re-input his language, time zone, date, etc. Though we didn't reformat it.

Now it's throwing random ass picture errors.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Well, its not like its anything u caused.

Although shortly before my ps3 crashed it did some weird things with games ...

Unless ofcourse eat lead matt hazard is just that glitchy ... on the old ps3 I could aim with my gun without it scrolling up automatically to the top left corner ... new ps3, fine. Also, I had to get all the trophies over again that I had on the new ps3 ... well, I didnt ahve to get them over again but when I got them they gave them to me again ... although I already had them.

Well, its not like its anything u caused.

Although shortly before my ps3 crashed it did some weird things with games ...

Unless ofcourse eat lead matt hazard is just that glitchy ... on the old ps3 I could aim with my gun without it scrolling up automatically to the top left corner ... new ps3, fine. Also, I had to get all the trophies over again that I had on the new ps3 ... well, I didnt ahve to get them over again but when I got them they gave them to me again ... although I already had them.

he's worried that he's going to lose all his trophies and the games we share... the trophies look of for now.

he's worried that he's going to lose all his trophies and the games we share... the trophies look of for now.

You could just deactivate that PS3 from the accounts.. and then just redownload them...

I would do a hard reformat and see what happens... Could be the HDD itself..