Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof - OST (Various Artists) (Rhino Records) (Coloured Vinyl) [UK]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: September 17, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £28.74 (Amazon) - £31.99 (HMV)

DPV.PNG

Reactions: komor
Had these 3 (Jackie and inglourious) ordered for months now. But apparently there might be a delay in the U.K. even though all 3 have been out in the US for a few weeks.

Huge vinyl delays worldwide apparently.

So annoying but I thought so. Even though I had 2 new releases today.

Amazon changed the dates for inglorious and Jackie brown to December 31st (which is clearly just a date they’ve used to cover them) but kept this for the 17th. I’ve not seen the date change on any other site though. So I don’t think the delay will be that long

Reactions: Punker76
So annoying but I thought so. Even though I had 2 new releases today.

Amazon changed the dates for inglorious and Jackie brown to December 31st (which is clearly just a date they’ve used to cover them) but kept this for the 17th. I’ve not seen the date change on any other site though. So I don’t think the delay will be that long
I ordered a vinyl variant of a small band (Pupil Slicer) about.... 5 months back. Only just turned up.

There's a variant of the newly released Deafheaven album which the band are saying fans shouldn't expect until beginning of next year. Crazy times.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm just curious but does anybody have pictures of what retailers use to ship albums to keep them from getting broken?

Is there an industry standard?

I'm just curious but does anybody have pictures of what retailers use to ship albums to keep them from getting broken?

Is there an industry standard?
Should be stuff like this....

4B27CF3F-D8C4-4D22-92E7-A9C9ABBD54CB.jpeg

9FA37A60-E3EE-42B5-A54C-A4F4D9041C82.jpeg

there’s just different versions of these. Some thin, some thicker. I have vinyl coming through the Door every week and most the time it’s fine

so Amazon, sometimes send it in a huge box, and The 1 vinyl lays flat and they put some paper over it. That can rattle around and bend corners but it depends

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Should be stuff like this....

View attachment 517010
View attachment 517011

there’s just different versions of these. Some thin, some thicker. I have vinyl coming through the Door every week and most the time it’s fine

so Amazon, sometimes send it in a huge box, and The 1 vinyl lays flat and they put some paper over it. That can rattle around and bend corners but it depends

That package in the second picture looks much better.

Reactions: Flloydo

Yeah it’s thicker and they have a card piece inside for more protection. Mondo and waxwork have some of the best packaging. It’s like that second pic but really thick.
HMV packaging ain’t bad. Zavvi at times can be ok. Sometimes it’s in one of those vinyl boxes and sometimes it’s similar to amazon and they use a giant box with the air bag padding’s

I did have one turn up from WHSmith damaged the other week. They usually use decent boxes but this one in particular was incredibly thin

Most times vinyl arrives ok but sometimes it can happen you get seam split on album sleeves or on record sleeves
It can happen even when a retailer uses good Vinyl mailers it happens during transport by postal carriers the vinyl hits the top or sides of the album sleeve

Most retailers are good with replacements if that happens as long as still in stock

Labels like Waxwork/Mondo when you order direct give you a empty album sleeve if you need a replacement due to seam split they often still have some available even when a release is sold out

Yeah it’s thicker and they have a card piece inside for more protection. Mondo and waxwork have some of the best packaging. It’s like that second pic but really thick.
HMV packaging ain’t bad. Zavvi at times can be ok. Sometimes it’s in one of those vinyl boxes and sometimes it’s similar to amazon and they use a giant box with the air bag padding’s

I did have one turn up from WHSmith damaged the other week. They usually use decent boxes but this one in particular was incredibly thin

A box with air bags doesn't sound like a good idea for vinyl.

A box with air bags doesn't sound like a good idea for vinyl.

you’d be surprised. My last one from them turned up fine. Same with Amazon. But I’ve had times where both zav and Amazon have turned up damaged. Swings and roundabouts like with steels lol

Got this yesterday on time but Jackie Brown & Inglourious have been delayed until 29th October