Horror-Theatrical Quiver - In select theaters May 22, 2021

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Quiver (2015)

Tagline: I hope you brought extra bug spray, cause they're gonna eat you alive.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Trevor Zurkan[/DIRECTOR]

Writer: Kenneth Livitski (yours truly ;))

Cast: [ACTOR]Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens Barrett, Randy Feaver[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]TBD 2016[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]90[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Rudy and Claire decide to go on a camping trip for their anniversary. Unbeknown to them, there are mutated ticks lurking in the same woods, ready to drain them dry.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

New Trailer (released Sept. 04, 2015):

First Teaser Trailer (2012):

Quiver banner.jpg

What’s up, movie fanatics?! My name’s Kenneth Livitski, but most of you around here know me by my alias of ‘Tridon’. I’m opening this thread today to help spread the word about something that’s very near and dear to my heart to an audience that I know will appreciate it.

The something that I’m talking about is QUIVER, an independent horror film that was shot in the city and surrounding areas of my hometown, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. My role on QUIVER, and the reason why I’m here talking to you about it, is that of screenwriter and producer. Since this film was my brainchild, I want to spread the word to show how proud I am of it.

QUIVER completed shooting last fall and as of right now, it’s currently in its post-production stage. The film follows a couple who, after receiving the co-ordinates to an isolated camping destination, decide to go on a hiking trip to rekindle their relationship and celebrate their anniversary. Once they arrive, though, they soon realize that this area isn’t as isolated as they once thought and that something unexplainable awaits them.

The film was directed and produced by Still Frame Entertainment owner Trevor Zurkan and features a stellar cast that includes Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens, Randy Feaver and more. Another thing about QUIVER is that it lives up to being considered a real independent picture.

This film was 100% funded by both Trevor and I. Since this is the case, I've gone ahead and opened a fundraising campaign for the film at IndieGoGo. All funds raised will go towards helping us finish post-production and to stay on schedule for our summer 2012 release date. If you donate, you can receive a cool perk, all of which is explained on the campaign page. If you’d be interested in donating and helping out, please check out the campaign and watch the video that's included on its page.

If you’re interested in learning more about the film, feel free to check it out on Facebook, IMDb, the Still Frame Entertainment Web site or at my own personal Tumblr Blog. Even if you can't donate towards the film, we still very much appreciate the following and support. Now, before I end this message, allow me to leave you with the link to the official trailer of QUIVER. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• quiver poster_v2.png
    quiver poster_v2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Hey congrats man and good luck!!!!

Thanks, man! I appreciate it! We've received interest from both film festivals and studios already, so the pressure on our shoulders is definitely getting heavier. We want this to look and be as best as possible on our small budget, hence why I'm now asking for the help of the public. :)

Congrats and good luck to you guys-all the best for the festival circuit and beyond! :scat:

Thank you very much! It's definitely been quite the adventure so far (I've been working on this film for the past two years now). Can't wait until it's done and everyone can see it!

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to bump this up since there's only 9 days remaining for QUIVER's IndieGoGo campaign. We're currently sitting at $480 raised, which is far off from our goal. If you can donate any amount, it'd be very much appreciated and you can receive some cool perks out of it, too (perks start at $5 & up). If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Thanks! :)

Just a little over a day remaining to contribute towards the post-production of QUIVER. There's a lot of cool perks that you can receive and I'd definitely appreciate some more help in order to reach our campaign goal. If you're not comfortable paying money to donate online, please PM me and we can discuss other ways for you to make a payment. Thanks, everyone! :)

QUIVER INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN PAGE

BUMP!

I've updated the OP and now I'm going to update everyone here.

QUIVER is still happening! Trevor -- the director -- moved to Vancouver, BC a couple years ago to continue on the project there. I went to Vancouver last month and visited with Trevor. While I was there, I saw some new footage and it's looking good!

The problem here is that the visual effects have been costing so much money, so Trevor's been working on various film and TV projects just to raise some funds to work on QUIVER. Because of this, we missed our original tentative 2012/2013 release dates by a long shot! We're now aiming a for a more realistic TBA 2015/2016 release date.

The trailer in the OP is from 2012. It was done before the complete colour correction and ADR work (audio dialogue replacement). It was also done before the visual effects, so there was no appearances by the "creepy crawlers" in it.

Everyone knows that I love creature features, so it's only fitting that my first film was a creature feature. In this specific film, those creatures are mutated ticks with the ability to infect their prey and in turn make those people go crazy. I have seen the ticks in motion and they look AWESOME!

Still, we're thousands of dollars away from completion and with two failed fundraising campaigns, it's been a tough journey (we had one person threaten us with slander and lawsuits just because we never completed the film within our original timeline). If we could find just one person with the funds who could come on as a producer and help us complete the project, that'd be amazing -- but after three years of looking, we've had zero luck with that.

So there's a pretty big update. I'd love to chat independent filmmaking and screenwriting, so feel free to use this thread to ask questions. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: MGD
I just want to ensure anyone who donated in the past via our IndieGoGo campaign that the film is still happening and you will still be receiving your "perks".

Thanks, everyone! :thumbs:

In the words of Sir Patrick Stewart "Will there be nudity in it"

;)

Great stuff to hear.

I could say the cliche, "You'll have to wait and see," but I'll just straight-up tell ya: no, there's no nudity. I know a lot of horror fans love nudity in their films, but me... I just find it's too expected. I'm the type of person who only likes stuff to be there if the story calls for it. While writing QUIVER, the story never once called for a nudity sequence, so no -- sorry, man. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ocielz and pdbluray
I could say the cliche, "You'll have to wait and see," but I'll just straight-up tell ya: no, there's no nudity. I know a lot of horror fans love nudity in their films, but me... I just find it's too expected. I'm the type of person who only likes stuff to be there if the story calls for it. While writing QUIVER, the story never once called for a nudity sequence, so no -- sorry, man. ;)

Maybe in the squeal though?