R.I.P. Pontiac

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
General Motors announced Monday that they plan to cut 21,000 factory jobs and get rid of their Pontiac line of cars.

First Saturn goes out, now Pontiac. I feel horrible for all these people loosing their jobs.
________
Wholesale Vaporizer

Last edited:
i bet saturn gets bought or spun off on its own

I'm surprised Honda didn't scoop them up. They had that deal...

Honda did their motors and Saturn gave them the rights to the dent resistant doors. I figured they'd buy them out... but IDK. If sells were falling they might not have wanted to take the risk.
________
tits Webcams

Last edited:
GM to force more than 1,000 dealers to close
TOM KRISHER | AP Auto Writer
2:21 PM EDT, April 28, 2009
DETROIT - General Motors Corp. says it will force 1,000 to 1,200 underperforming U.S. dealerships to close their doors as the automaker tries to thin dealer ranks to make the remaining outlets stronger.

Dealers were told of the move in a video conference Tuesday.

In addition, the company expects to lose 500 Hummer and Saturn dealers when the brands close or are sold, and it expects 400 dealers to close voluntarily. Another 500 would be consolidated into other dealers.

A dealer who watched the conference told The Associated Press about the changes, and company spokeswoman Susan Garantakos confirmed the numbers.

--------> does that mean hummer is going out too! :scat:

sucks for the job loss... but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing those gas sucking beasts go.
________
YZF600R

Last edited:
You know what's funny is a while ago Jeep had a new non eco suv coming out and when they were questioned about it, they said they're listening to their customer demands/wants. Even if they are, if they're customers aren't supporting them enough to stay afloat, what's the point? LOL