Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Megathread

Jan 27, 2009
Anaheim,Ca
800x600

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (RSV2) is the seventh installment in the Rainbow Six series (nineteenth including expansions). It is a Canadian/American tactical first person shooter video game and the sequel to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas. It was announced by Ubisoft on November 20, 2007. The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 18, 2008 in North America and March 20, 2008 in Europe, except in Germany, where the game was delayed.[6][7][8] The Microsoft Windows version, however, was delayed until April 15, 2008.[2] It was released in Japan on April 24, 2008 for the Xbox 360[9] and on May 29, 2008 for the PlayStation 3.[10]

A world-exclusive first-look of the game appeared in the January edition of the Official Xbox Magazine. One of the biggest announcements is that Logan Keller, the lead character from the previous game, has been removed in favor of having the player create his own character to play through the campaign. The player instead assumes the role of "Bishop", a member of the Rainbow squad with a great deal more experience and who is more deeply involved in the story.

The game, billed as "part sequel, part prequel", has events that run both before and concurrently to the story of Logan Keller and continue after where the first game concluded.[11][12] In addition to the ability to customize a character in multiplayer, the player can now customize Bishop, Vegas 2's new protagonist. In single-player, the developers claim to have vastly improved teammate AI, so that now teammates cover each other as they advance. There are also several new commands, for example, the ability of a teammate to throw a grenade at a specific point. You can also give commands to your AI teammates using your Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 headset.

Last edited:
Looks like some of us are getting back into this game! :scat:
Had some good matches last night with Thunda and Bighorns
Had a 26-0 match!

Last edited:
I've got to check this game out. I almost blind bought it when it was an Amazon gold box deal, but I wussed out in the end.

I'm in for tonight as well. I'm still wondering why I didn't pick this up when it came out last year. I ended up buying it right before christmas for $10 from Best Buy.