Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 1, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11979261-2124643192652798.jpg
11979261-4004643192743815.jpg11979261-2044643192679705.jpg11979261-1014643192702457.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
I’ve ordered but hoping on confirmation of 3D.

If it’s not included I’ll cancel and get it on a price drop
same - if it's confirmed to have no 3D am cancelling.

Hope they are phasing it out but considering the local Cinema's have suddenly started cutting back on 3D screenings over the summer which came out of nowhere is feels(went from predominantly 3D showings, maybe 60-40 or 70-30, to barely a single showing of 3D per day for IMAX with barely a handful of standard 3D)
Noticed it first with Incredibles 2, then Venom, now Fantastic Beasts and this....

Hope they are phasing it out but considering the local Cinema's have suddenly started cutting back on 3D screenings over the summer which came out of nowhere is feels(went from predominantly 3D showings, maybe 60-40 or 70-30, to barely a single showing of 3D per day for IMAX with barely a handful of standard 3D)
Noticed it first with Incredibles 2, then Venom, now Fantastic Beasts and this....

Fantastic beasts 2 is getting a 3D bluray release though ;)

Last edited:

I noticed that too at my local cinemas, it’s gone from being ‘forced’ to watch 3D purely because of the ratio of 3D showings to 2D, to barely any 3D screenings even of the popular blockbuster films, has the 3D bubble finally burst? It will be interesting what happens once Avatar 2 comes around as to weather 3D in the cinema is still a ‘thing’

I noticed that too at my local cinemas, it’s gone from being ‘forced’ to watch 3D purely because of the ratio of 3D showings to 2D, to barely any 3D screenings even of the popular blockbuster films, has the 3D bubble finally burst? It will be interesting what happens once Avatar 2 comes around as to weather 3D in the cinema is still a ‘thing’

Avatar sequels will be released in 3D in theatres as well as on blu-ray.

No 4K or 3D EEK! 2019 is looking doom and gloom if this is a new trend for Zavvi. Will hunt down the Best Buy Steel instead especially if it’s gets a Lux Treatment with White and Gloss :drool::drool:

No 3D/4K this has nothing to do with Zavvi or any other UK retailer

UK at the moment with all retailers for this film is 2D Blu-ray and DVD releases only

Disney UK make the decisions on what format editions is released and provide these to retailers to sell

If Disney UK at a later stage decide do 3D or 4K only then will any retailers be able to sell them

Took my daughter to see this Friday night, not as good as the first imo. Best bit was the Oh My Disney part and all the cameos. Hope the inevitable 3rd film is a lot better

Disney UK providing Blu-ray’s in different formats to Zavvi to sell is kind of a given and don’t believe it’s something that needs to be explained in full. The fault lies with Disney UK and them not giving full 100% support of the format as from my knowledge only The Lion King is only worthy enough to be released in 4K in the UK, excluding Marvel and Star Wars of course as they are getting 4K support. Even the original Wreck It Ralph is getting limited 4K support and is only available in a few markets, lucky for me I live in one of them. What I meant with it’s looking doom and gloom for Zavvi in 2019 if this trend continues is, we will be soon entering the 4th year of 4K Blu-Ray and yet Disney UK aren’t fully getting behind 4K hence Zavvi loosing sales to across the pond where it’s readily available for customers who want the 4K experience like myself and other AV enthusiasts with a 4K setup.

Edit - Apparently Incredibles 2 got a 4K release as a Samsung Movie Lounge Exclusive :confused: what ever that is?

Last edited:
Disney UK providing Blu-ray’s in different formats to Zavvi to sell is kind of a given and don’t believe it’s something that needs to be explained in full. The fault lies with Disney UK and them not giving full 100% support of the format as from my knowledge only The Lion King is only worthy enough to be released in 4K in the UK, excluding Marvel and Star Wars of course as they are getting 4K support. Even the original Wreck It Ralph is getting limited 4K support and is only available in a few markets, lucky for me I live in one of them. What I meant with it’s looking doom and gloom for Zavvi in 2019 if this trend continues is, we will be soon entering the 4th year of 4K Blu-Ray and yet Disney UK aren’t fully getting behind 4K hence Zavvi loosing sales to across the pond where it’s readily available for customers who want the 4K experience like myself and other AV enthusiasts with a 4K setup.

Edit - Apparently Incredibles 2 got a 4K release as a Samsung Movie Lounge Exclusive :confused: what ever that is?
https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsungmovielounge/

SOUNDBAR + UHD BLU-RAY

4K UHD Movie direct to your door

6 month popcorn and movie subscription* When you buy a selected Sound+ All in One soundbar and a UHD Blu-ray Player

12 month popcorn and movie subscription* When you buy a selected Cinematic Soundbar and a UHD Blu-ray

Incredibles 2 4K UHD was one of the titles that was included but may be a different title you get if take up a new subscription

Disney UK will release the Incredibles 2 4K UHD amaray trade wide after the exclusive period ends with samsung
It's similar to what happened with Avatar 3D exclusive with Panasonic a few years ago

A later steelbook release might happen for Incredibles 2 with 4K UHD included but that likely will not be until later next year if happening

Reactions: willbar84
Why is it so hard to find a balance?

I admit(despite being a 3D fan personally) that previously when there were few to zero options of 2D screenings(Infinity War IMAX I dont believe even had a single 2D screening in its near 4 week run at my local IMAX screens - 2 of them) but this has gone too far the other way - I had to opt for Fantastic beasts in 2D IMAX because mom(who wanted me to take her too) couldnt do the single 3D 8.30pm showing due to drive home and the fact she had to be up at 6am for work and when I looked the following week to go again, solo, there were no 3D showings at all!!

I can only hope Avatar 2 helps and we finally get the balance so long overdue at cinemas - half and half - 2 or 4 daily screenings for 2d leaves 2 left for 3D - easy, right?

On the plus, there were 2 standard 3D screenings of this yesterday so caught the first and loved it - so differant from the first but I loved the turn they took. Even if the Ralph thing at the end was a kinda creepy(right? not just me who thought that right?)

As we try and go to the IMAX as much as possible, free if I go with eldest daughter whom is a Cineworld employee, otherwise an extra £6 I think on top of the unlimited card, I have only seen a film in 3D in the IMAX this year. At home we have a 3D able TV and I have a load of 3D films but they are never watched.

As only myself watches films from discs, the rest of the family stream or just watch from sky, I have gone down the 4K route. As this a niche market I guess Disney as they did with Blu Ray will wait.

Back to the film, The Ralph "thing" was very creepy

so am not alone with the creepy aspect?

otherwise, I'm impressed and loved the movie.
Even the blink and you'll miss it cameo
of the late, great Stan Lee