機動戦士忍者
Premium Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
UK & HK
Title: Rampant 창궐 (2018)

Genre: Zombie Horror, Action

Director: Kim Sung-Hoon

Cast: Hyun Bin, Jang Dong-Gun, Kim Eul-sung, Jo Woo-Jin, Jo Dal-Hwan

Release: 2018-10-25 (Korea), 2018-11-02 (USA - select US theaters release)

Runtime: 129min

Plot: From the studio that released Train to Busan, a period set zombie movie - A darkness looms over ancient Korea: murderous creatures known as Night Demons have overrun the country. Returning from a long imprisonment abroad, Prince Ganglim discovers that it will take the strength of his entire kingdom to stop the bloody rampage spreading across the nation.

rampant.jpg

Rampant Teaser Poster.jpg

English version trailer

Last edited:
I only stumbled on Rampant movie by accident while waiting to watch this :

This is another movie I think some of you guys may also want to try catch :D
Was just released a couple of weeks ago here in Asia.

I only stumbled on Rampant movie by accident while waiting to watch this :

This is another movie I think some of you guys may also want to try catch :D
Was just released a couple of weeks ago here in Asia.

WOW! :OMG: That also looks pretty damn good! :cool: Is there a thread for that?

I got to watch Rampant this w/e.
Overall quite an enjoyable zombie flick in the end, though for me it doesn't compare to Train To Busan.
The film is primary a period/political drama, with the zombie part more of a side story.
There is a lot of focus on drama part and that slows down the pace of the movie, though once the action happens, its pretty frantic.
Film takes some liberties with the zombies - these aren't your typical "TWD" type roamers - they're "WWZ" style zombies and quite fast aggressive attackers :LOL:

I think this get a mixed reaction from viewers. From the screening I went to some people were struggling to stay with the film before reaching the more interesting final third.
Given I've seen the other Korean action/horror recently - Monstrum, I think I preferred that movie over Rampant.

Last edited: