Random PS3 Trophy Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread can be used for ps3 trophy randomness ... bitching about a trophy, bragging about a trophy, randomness about trophies, help obtaining a trophy etc.

Anything you think shouldnt go in the OFFICIAL trophy mega thread to keep it less cluttered can be posted here.

Last edited:
I'm tired of NON-Blockbuster games adding a plethora of online trophies. I mean, atleast make them ones that are obtainable in just a few games ...

Why? Because then anyone who buys the game a month or so later cant obtain them cause the game's online community is GONE!

I'm tired of NON-Blockbuster games adding a plethora of online trophies. I mean, atleast make them ones that are obtainable in just a few games ...

Why? Because then anyone who buys the game a month or so later cant obtain them cause the game's online community is GONE!
Yeah, I really hate those ones for sure. I mean, look at what Bionic Commando did to solve this. All the trophies are single player only, which is a good thing as no one is playing online on the game.

I cant believe we're only a few days away from NBA Live 10 and no trophy list yet ... geez.

I bought NHL last year, it was only fun when playing peeps on my list ... which was few, and I know no hockey players ... I know it all with Live and buy it ever year. It's already 100% paid off for with AGC so it's coming :D

Just so its known, Op Flash is a possible platinum and really only has one hard trophy that I've heard of others already finished it and :platinum:

Im getting closer to my Op Flash platty ... bullettooth has all but that one already (beat the game on hardcore)

Also, getting close to my NBA Live platty!

So I started playing Brutal Legend yesterday and while it is awesome, the multiplayer is not. The worst part is that you have to win 50 ranked multiplayer matches for the platinum(each can take an hour or more). I'm sure I can, but the multiplayer system is not really what draws me to the game, it's the metal fantasy world. It's a shame to see online trophies at all, especially ones that require you to grind through one of your least favorite parts of the game.....Don't think I'll be getting the platinum here:(

So I started playing Brutal Legend yesterday and while it is awesome, the multiplayer is not. The worst part is that you have to win 50 ranked multiplayer matches for the platinum(each can take an hour or more). I'm sure I can, but the multiplayer system is not really what draws me to the game, it's the metal fantasy world. It's a shame to see online trophies at all, especially ones that require you to grind through one of your least favorite parts of the game.....Don't think I'll be getting the platinum here:(

You should let me take the game off your hands... :) good old fashioned trade style...

can u boost that for quick wins with a friend?

I don't think so, I have heard that when you invite a friend to a game it doesn't count as ranked:( I think you can only do ranked matches against strangers.

You should let me take the game off your hands... :) good old fashioned trade style...

No way! The single player is great, I think I'm actually enjoying this more than Demon's Souls right now. The story, soundtrack, and fantasy world is just great.

Yeah I had to do all 28 radio actions over then do all the remaining ones just to get it and I was able to do some math and divide down per sector of the 76 reg actions to see which one I was missing then basically got the action to appear by heading over to that spot.

In total, of the 104 actions, I had 2 game saves equaling 206 actions complete so that tells ya' how much I had to play the game lol. Twice! 100k xp and 250 ranked wins isnt easy either.

This is my most respected Platinum, that and the fact that I got W@W on 100% (3 DLC packs) but RFG is much harder and time consuming

I got all in grind mode and then decided I would fire up Wolverine again. When my ps3 crashed the only thing I had saved on a USB was my first playthrough on Wolverine. (and originally I stopped at Deadpool on hard) Meaning the very beginning of the game with Hard unlocked. So I just went through my entire Hard playthrough now which was oh not so fun and redundant and am now at the headache of Deadpool on hard for my :platinum:

I also went through and did all my pro times on DLC of RFG and am only one trophy shy now from 100% on that!

What is the difficulty and fun factor of the game?

Fun factor is extremely high, but only if you like metal;) I only have one trophy left now and it is to play through on Brutal. Normal was fairly easy, so I don't expect it to be too hard. The 50 multiplayer wins was a major PITA though.... the rest of the trophies aren't that hard.

It seems like the most difficult part for some is the RTS battles. I've played Command & Conquer for ever so these parts come pretty easily to me. The battle system is nowhere near as complicated as C&C.

The voice work from Jack Black is great and the story is a little cheezy but very original. I loved it. Plus there's over 100 songs, most of them are very good too. The campaign is kinda short, like 6 or 7 hours, but I can't see myself selling or trading it becuase it was definitely enough fun to play again in a year or so.