Random PS3 Trophy Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread can be used for ps3 trophy randomness ... bitching about a trophy, bragging about a trophy, randomness about trophies, help obtaining a trophy etc.

Anything you think shouldnt go in the OFFICIAL trophy mega thread to keep it less cluttered can be posted here.

Last edited:
Im an on and off again trophy ***** ... I'll usually be after them for quite a while then a good MP game comes along and im off trying to get them ... and then it starts again ... its a vicious cycle. :p

Anyways, got 14 trophies yesterday... spanning 4 diff games. Ive never counted before but just so happened to notice ... wonder what the most I got in one day has been :confused:

Some were easy and some were hard or more or less time consuming ... so hats off to moi. :D

my biggest trophy brag is i got the beat zico trophy in wipeout HD, and i was one of the first to get it according to the leader boards at the time. only took me 199 laps :D

right now im off the trophy kick. been sitting at level 9 60%ish for awhile :cool:

Well I got the gold trophy for getting 20 kills against a godlike bot in Unreal Tournament III. Its easy once you know how to do it.

Also, I need help on getting the trophy for all power ups on every map. I only have 5 out of 40 so far.

I hear that about Wanted ... but damn, I sucked athe demo .. I dont know what it was that I was doing wrong.

Funny you mention your Wipeout trophy Max ... cause I just got done earlier looking at ur trophies .. I just added ur psn name to the url of when I click my sig and it showed me ur trophies ... I looked at ur Wipeout ones and was like DAMMMMN ... I cant believe u got the zone 20 no touches and zone 50 one. Jeez.

I got 2 plats on Tues... RE5 and Buzz. Been trying to finish Buzz since Dec. (hard to get the wife to play me for the 50 multiplayer games since I almost always beat her). And for RE5 I had to beat the troll guy... freaking ridiculously hard on vet and pro. Working on number 4 plat now... Uncharted.

I hear that about Wanted ... but damn, I sucked athe demo .. I dont know what it was that I was doing wrong.

Funny you mention your Wipeout trophy Max ... cause I just got done earlier looking at ur trophies .. I just added ur psn name to the url of when I click my sig and it showed me ur trophies ... I looked at ur Wipeout ones and was like DAMMMMN ... I cant believe u got the zone 20 no touches and zone 50 one. Jeez.

the zone 20 no touches was the most frustrating. i cant tell you how many times i got to zones 18 and 19 only to blow it. the zone 50 one was probably the easiest of the three. just takes some practice.

I nearly went insane trying to get that 20 zones/ no walls trophy. It took me about 4 days of trying for about 1-2 hours after work before I finally got it, whew!

I don't think I have the nerves or the patience to go for the airbrake or Zico trophies....

I nearly went insane trying to get that 20 zones/ no walls trophy. It took me about 4 days of trying for about 1-2 hours after work before I finally got it, whew!

I don't think I have the nerves or the patience to go for the airbrake or Zico trophies....

Wipeout is so much fun but... trophies are rough. I was close to getting zico... just need to shave off a little more time. We should all work together to get the online racing trophies.

the zone 20 no touches was the most frustrating. i cant tell you how many times i got to zones 18 and 19 only to blow it. the zone 50 one was probably the easiest of the three. just takes some practice.
HAH! Those 2 were easy. I also got to zone 71 and I almost beat zico, but then I got bored of it. I just wish I put in a little more time into it though. I never tried the phantom elite class whatever trophies though.

Wipeout is so much fun but... trophies are rough. I was close to getting zico... just need to shave off a little more time. We should all work together to get the online racing trophies.
Yeah, I agree. I just need more trophies. [in zombie voice] TROOOOOOOPHIEEEEEEEES!!!

Not having the option to disable Trophy notifications has never really been an issue for us, until now. We’re currently playing the latest iteration in SEGA’s Virtua Tennis series, Virtua Tennis 2009, and on a number of occasions the Trophy pop-up box has interrupted the game mid-match, causing us to lose points in the process.

While this isn’t a major issue, it’s still irritating to be serving for a match point only for a notification to pop up as your opponent is about to return the ball. We’ve lost match points by being distracted. Online, where leaderboard positioning and pride is at stake, it's even more of an issue. It's quite simply a problem that could be avoided if gamers had the option to disable them. You can disable PSN notifications, so why not Trophy pop-ups?

In Virtua Tennis 2009, we’ve counted nine Trophies that have the potential of messing up your game, including those relating to serving, such as "Hit a serve over 200kph/124.28mph," or "Achieve 250 max serves," and other Trophies likely to trigger on match-days such as "Win 400 stoke points," or "Win 50 lob points."

Normally, we like to see the Trophies we're unlocking, but in this case, where you can't afford to keep your eye off the ball for one second, they're totally intrusive.

How hard would it be add the feature via a patch? It seems that we’re not the only ones who’d like to be able to disable Trophy notifications; over at the official PlayStation forums there is much debate on the subject.

Anyone else ever been irritated by Trophy pop-ups?

agree on wipeout online trophies (helping out) However, I cant get online on wipeout.

as for disabling trophy messages, doesnt bother me too much.

now ...

as for thinking Wolverine platinum is easy ... think again, its easy and repetitive until the last boss battle on HARD ... GOOD LUCK ... it also lacks an important checkpoint which if it was there it wouldnt make it so boring and repetitive and frustrating.

Also... someone has to let me know how terminator is. I don't know if it comes out before i'm back in the states or not...

I'm so out of the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its out, and im playing it ... Its fun, but a lil glitchy at points, kinda rare tho ... what I mean to say is ... if you dont do something the way it was intended to be done it can be glitchy ... although Im only on level 4 and thats only happened twice.

I would NOT buy this game for 50-60. I myself am renting it.

to obtain all the trophies u gotta beat the game on hard and it can be very frustrating at some points on hard where other parts are kinda easy.

It does have a co-op mode but no online. Graphics arent too amazing, has some ok cutscenes. IMO, $30 or less buy or a rent.

Hi everyone – Josh Miller here. I recently launched Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, but today I’m here to talk about a quirky little game called The Last Guy. I’m happy to announce that tomorrow the game will receive a free update that adds Trophies to the game. I’m excited since it gives me a reason to play through the game again.

The Last Guy Screenshot

If you haven’t heard of The Last Guy, the game came out last summer, preceded by an “interesting”developer diary video. It’s a classic and addictive “line” game with simple controls that uses satellite maps of real cities around the world, including San Francisco, Tokyo, and Sydney, as its levels. You play a hero who rescues people hiding out in buildings and leads them to the safety zone for evacuation while avoiding zombie monsters that roam the streets. The bigger the line, the bigger the bonus. But bigger lines also make it harder to avoid monsters, who make people scatter when they get close.

You can use thermo vision to see where people are hiding, and pick up power-ups scattered throughout the levels to stop time, fill up your energy meter and more. The game is available now for $9.99 on the PS Store, and there’s even a demo if you want to try it out before you buy it.

Here’s a trailer to get an idea of what the game is about and what the visuals look like.

There will be 15 Trophies in all to reward you for getting good ratings on stages, rescuing VIPs, getting lots of fireworks and more. The Trophies are not retro-active, meaning they won’t be unlocked automatically when the update is installed. You’ll need to play the game again to unlock them.

I also am pleased to announce an add-on coming for The Last Guy next month. It will add 3 bonus stages to the game, which are unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions in the main game. The add-on also includes 8 additional Trophies to help you rank up your Trophy level.

Enjoy!

es, if you haven't already found out, I suggest you compare your trophies with someone that has the game too and look at the new trophies for the upcoming Map Pack 2 DLC! This will be exciting and bring in more people to play the online and yes they are online trophies, but some can be done by yourself!

So here's the rundown...

??? Trophy - ??? ???

Bronze Trophy - Hammer Time - Repair 200 window boards in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

Bronze Trophy - It's a Trap! - Kill atleast one zombie with three different traps in a single round. (Map Pack 2 only)

Bronze Trophy - Weapons of Minor Destruction - Kill no more than one zombie with a nuke. (Map Pack 2 only)

Bronze Trophy - Perk-a-Holic - Have all four perks simultaniously active in a game of Nazi Zombies. (Map Pack 2 only)

Bronze Trophy - Fertilizer Man - Kill 200 Zombies in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

Silver Trophy - Deadhead - Get 150 zombie headshots in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

Silver Trophy - Big Baller - Earn 75,000 points in a single Nazi Zombies game. (Map Pack 2 only)

Bronze Trophy - Big Brawler - Get 10 consecutive zombie melee kills before Insta-Kill expires. (Map Pack 2 only)

Silver Trophy - Soul Survivor - Reach round 15 in Nazi Zombies without getting revived. (Map Pack 2 only)

A trophy patch was released for the Japanese version of Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice in late March. Western fans of the strategy role-playing game immediately wondered when the patch would be localized.

While NIS America, the publisher of the game, has remained tight-lipped for months, they finally revealed some information regarding the trophy patch on the Playstation.Blog. Nao Zook, the PR and Marketing Coordinator of NIS America, responded to one of the comments regarding the trophy patch for Disgaea 3 with the following message:

“We’re working on it right now. I cannot say when it will be available just yet…but hopefully soon we can let you guys know when it’ll be out!”

Hopefully, the wait won’t be too long for eagerly awaiting fans.