Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time -Gone gold!

Jan 29, 2009
Hey everyone,

Greetings from the SCEA Blogger’s Lounge at GDC! Last week, we teased you with our Ratchet & Clank Future Weapons Contest and the new action figures coming from DC Direct. While I’ll talk more about this in a bit, we are very happy at Insomniac to finally announce the name of our next game.

3405755260_d42f4fa6aa.jpg

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will conclude the story arc that started in Tools of Destruction and continued in Quest for Booty. There will be plenty to talk about over the next few months as we work towards our fall release, and we can’t wait to share more. But for those of you wanting a first look, tune into Gametrailers TV this week on Spike TV (check your local listings for time) for the world premiere of the teaser trailer.

For those of you who have been e-mailing us with questions about the Weapons Contest and asking when and where you can submit, you’ll be happy to know that submissions are open as of tomorrow! I’m also excited to announce the Grand Prize winner will have their weapon included in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, will be given a life-size replica of the weapon, and will win a trip to San Diego Comic-Con to meet with the dev team and reveal the winning weapon to the public there!

As inspiration for you guys, tune in tomorrow for a little video roundtable talking about some of our favorite weapons stories and experiences over the years of working on Ratchet & Clank weapons.

That’s all for now, make sure you tune into GTTV to check out the teaser trailer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time Release Date Official!

http://projectgamers.com/2009/09/02/ratchet-and-clank-future-a-crack-in-time-release-date-official/

Today Sony Entertainment America has announced Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time’s release date will be officially October 27th,2009. SCEA have also changed their box art as seen below.

Also don’t forget the Pre-order goodies for RCF:CT listed below:

‘Discovery Package’ – Explore the Insomniac Moon with a special level that resembles the layout of Insomniac Games’ studio offices. A fan favorite, the Moon is filled with content that didn’t quite make the final game, sort of like deleted scenes on DVDs. You can earn this unlockable on your own, but Insomniac certainly won’t make it easy for ya!

‘Power Package’ – Up your arsenal with an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons along with extra hit points and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove.

‘Bolt Package’ – Bolster your bolt count with 5,000 free bolts care of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups, the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher.

‘Space Package’ – Drift off into space with an exclusive hot rod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion, along with 5,000 free bolts and an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar skin

ratchet-1024x568.jpg

Multiplayer confirmed for Ratchet, by the back of the box... lol, Sony took down the pic off the blog...

Edit: Unconfirmed now...

Hey guys,

The back of the box that you're seeing on the PlayStation Blog isn't final. That is just the template that was used to compose the cover.

The features listed there do not necessarily indicate what's in the game. Thanks.

--Bryan

Last edited:
Well there better better be multiplayer in this one. I was disappointed with the fact that it was non existant in Tools and Booty. Just bring it back Insomniac.

Its totally of the table when James Stevenson said this is a SP experience and we are keeping it that way..

SCEE details Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Collector's Edition

Sony Europe has lifted the lid on a swanky Collector's Edition release of upcoming PlayStation 3 platform sequel, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time.

According to the official EU PlayStation Blog, the CE release will ship in a foldout pack complete with 3D cover. That’s just for starters, though. The real meat of the package comes in the form of an art book containing heaps of Insomniac concept images, along with a special PSN voucher allowing gamers to download the Discovery Package to visit Insomniac Moon – an exclusive stage based on Insomniac’s offices featuring stacks of additional content.

Take a look at the Collector's Edition release below, which will be exclusive to retail giant GAME in UK territories:

3971554800_d2486051e6.jpg

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Has Cracked Gold

Hey everyone, wanted to drop by and share the happy news that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time has officially gone gold and been released to manufacturing in North America. This means you can expect the game on October 27 in North America at your favorite game shop. It’s been an incredible experience seeing this game come together at Insomniac over the last year. From our earliest prototypes of Clank’s time gameplay, to the final space exploration levels that allow Ratchet to land on and explore spherical moons, there has been a ton of effort and love put into this game by the team here at Insomniac. We’re really excited to get it out to you guys, our fans, and let you experience the conclusion of the Ratchet & Clank Future story arc.

There will be much new content hitting over the next couple of weeks – including some special coverage on G4’s X-Play where you’ll see one of our time travel levels for the first time.

In the meantime though, head over to Game Informer to check out this special video we put together for their recent site re-launch. It’s all about the replay mode in the game. We spent a lot of time adding extra replay features, a special uber-boss you have to collect all of the Zoni to fight, the Insomniac Museum, optional super-hard Clank puzzles, and of course trophies, which are in addition to the Insomniac-created “Skill Points” we’ve had in all of our games since Spyro: Ripto’s Rage.

That’s all for now – if you haven’t pre-ordered the game already, we have some great in-game pre-order bonuses from our various retail partners Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Game Crazy. And if you haven’t checked out the Future series of games yet, Tools of Destruction is available as a Greatest Hits title now at $29.99 – so you have a couple weeks to catch up (when you’re not playing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, of course).

If you have any questions, post them below and I’ll do my best to answer as many as I can!

anybody get this game? im thinking about cashing in on BB's B2G1 offer and picking this up as my 3rd game.

Reviews are good so far, which is to be expected. IGN gave it a 9.0

i would love to get this. only thing is i have uncharted 2 that i haven't had time to even start and batman that i haven't finished yet.

work and school 7 days a week really sucks...

i would love to get this. only thing is i have uncharted 2 that i haven't had time to even start and batman that i haven't finished yet.

work and school 7 days a week really sucks...

yah, i know how you can cali feel. i know i dont have time for this game, but i figure i can get this as a free game, since i was going to buy some games for christmas gifts for people anyways. so if i dont even play it, it doesn't really hurt me...

unless i play it too much and dont study :D