Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time -Gone gold!

Jan 29, 2009
Hey everyone,

Greetings from the SCEA Blogger’s Lounge at GDC! Last week, we teased you with our Ratchet & Clank Future Weapons Contest and the new action figures coming from DC Direct. While I’ll talk more about this in a bit, we are very happy at Insomniac to finally announce the name of our next game.

3405755260_d42f4fa6aa.jpg

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will conclude the story arc that started in Tools of Destruction and continued in Quest for Booty. There will be plenty to talk about over the next few months as we work towards our fall release, and we can’t wait to share more. But for those of you wanting a first look, tune into Gametrailers TV this week on Spike TV (check your local listings for time) for the world premiere of the teaser trailer.

For those of you who have been e-mailing us with questions about the Weapons Contest and asking when and where you can submit, you’ll be happy to know that submissions are open as of tomorrow! I’m also excited to announce the Grand Prize winner will have their weapon included in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, will be given a life-size replica of the weapon, and will win a trip to San Diego Comic-Con to meet with the dev team and reveal the winning weapon to the public there!

As inspiration for you guys, tune in tomorrow for a little video roundtable talking about some of our favorite weapons stories and experiences over the years of working on Ratchet & Clank weapons.

That’s all for now, make sure you tune into GTTV to check out the teaser trailer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this earlier! man they are really extending this series out aren't they? well if it wasn't for the good stories then I would stopped playing these a long time ago!! :)

I've been playing them since the PS2 titles, the games are sweet and normally lots to do in them. They've got some wacky weapons and sweet levels they are quite fun.

the one for ps3 was awesome, except, I literally got stuck at a point and it was like impossible to get by ... I musta been doing something wrong, played a few more times after that and couldnt get past it so I just now traded this a few days ago.

the one for ps3 was awesome, except, I literally got stuck at a point and it was like impossible to get by ... I musta been doing something wrong, played a few more times after that and couldnt get past it so I just now traded this a few days ago.

gamefaqs is your friend.

Concluding the events set into motion by Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank® Future: A Crack in Time will at long last answer some of the franchise fans’ largest questions.

After discovering that Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clank’s capture is just the beginning of Nefarious’s latest diabolical plot. In this follow-up to the best-selling series, Ratchet & Clank® Future: A Crack in Time puts players into the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?

Powered by Insomniac Games’ fourth-generation PLAYSTATION®3 technology, A Crack in Time will continue to bring the experience of playing your own CG-animated movie to the PS3. Players will use new gadgets such as Ratchet’s Hoverboots to explore levels and can take off in Ratchet’s ship to discover nearby moons and planets. Clank will use new abilities to manipulate time to try and stop Dr. Nefarious.

Key Features

* An original new adventure and story that answers many of fans’ most-asked questions and wraps up the story arc that started in Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank® Future: Quest For Booty.
* Non-linear levels with plenty of hidden areas to explore, and new gadgets like the Hoverboots that let Ratchet soar to new heights.
* All-new Clank gameplay and special “Time” abilities that bring new meaning to “past selves”.
* The series’ renowned arsenal gets even larger with brand new weapons, as well as weapons that players can customize with various modifications.
* New space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables.

Hello everyone,

I post this little news that could delight the fans who eagerly await the next Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time.

Indeed, I was able to play Resistance 2 with developers Thursday evening and I added one to my friends. Today, I see on my list of friends on PSN that play Ratchet & Clank Future 2: A Crack In Time, as evidenced by the picture below:

xanxu8.jpg

I hide the name to prevent it to be unsettling.

So with this we learn that the game is already well advanced, probably ready for a test at E3, but that's not all.

! Indeed, reconnecting me on PSN just now, I saw the same player, still trying to play ACIT, but here I have a name carrément level reveal to you, which will surely playable at E3!

2gwazw5.jpg

It reads RCF2: Pre-E3 Krell Canyon Playtest

So you know the name of a level, Krell Canyon and see the "Pre-E3" and "Playtest, it is likely that this is a demo for E3.

It is not much, but it is exclusive, so it's always taken it to.

, Good weekend

JaKhris JaKhris

Source: translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ratchet-galaxy.com%2Fnews-277.php&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

The latest Full Moon Show podcast from Insomniac Games revealed the latest information for the developer’s upcoming Playstation 3 exclusive title, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

The game is nearing its alpha stage of the development cycle and will be at E3 2009. Furthermore, internal play testing has already begun. The level, Krell Canyon, will be shown at the convention.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is bigger than Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Fans can also expect more variety in addition to several game modes (multiplayer is all but confirmed).

Everyone’s favorite intergalactic duo is back this fall with Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, developed by highly-acclaimed developer Insomniac Games exclusively for the Playstation 3 computer entertainment system. The latest addition to the best-selling series will at long last answer some of fans’ most-asked questions as it concludes the story arc from Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty.

Players can control both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Each will have new abilities at their disposal such as Ratchet’s Hoverboots, which allow him to travel at high speeds and soar to new heights around the galaxy. With all-new Clank gameplay, players can utilize special time-manipulation abilities in an effort to thwart Dr. Nefarious, one of the franchise’s best-known villains who is attempting to control time itself.

Powered by Insomniac Games’ fourth-generation PS3 technology, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time continues to bring the experience of playing a CG-animated movie to PS3. An original adventure wrapped around a heartfelt storyline and the franchise’s signature humor, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is sure to delight fans of all ages.

Storyline

After discovering that Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clank’s capture is just the beginning of Nefarious’s latest diabolical plot.

In this follow-up to the best-selling series, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time puts players into the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?

KEY FEATURES
• An original new adventure and story that answers many of the fans’ most-asked questions wrapping up the story arc that started in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank® Future: Quest For Booty.
• Travel freely through non-linear levels with new space gameplay that allows players to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables.
• Taking on the roles of both Ratchet and Clank, players will experience new gameplay with each character.
• Use Ratchet’s new Hoverboots to travel at high speeds, soar to new heights and jump off ramps to get to distant locations in search of Zoni and other rare collectables.
• Experience all-new Clank gameplay and special “time” abilities that bring meaning to “past selves.”
• The series’ renowned arsenal gets even larger with new weapons including the Cryo-Bomb Glove, Plasma Striker and Sonic Eruptor, along with classics such as the Negotiator and Buzz Blades.

MARKETING SUPPORT
Sony Computer Entertainment America will support Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time with a blockbuster multimillion dollar marketing campaign. This will include aggressive national television, print, online and viral advertising campaigns, full promotional support, dedicated point-of-purchase displays and merchandising support, broad-based public relations support, and an immersive and interactive website.

source: ghoststorm.co.uk/?p=1194