1n-png.127234

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - 5/5

I've been putting this game off for a long time because of the 1st person view. I was very hesitant to try it and kept reading a lot of negative opinions from other Resident Evil fans because of the change.
But with RE8 Village around the corner and seeing that the story/characters seem to carry on from RE7 to RE8 I decided I'll give it a go. And I'm happy I did! I've just gotten the Platinum last night after having finished the game 4 times. And every time it did not feel like a chore. And every time it managed to be creepy and keep might heart rate elevated lol
The whole environment is very spooky and it's sounds will have you walking on eggshells around the house. I am almost tempted to buy a VR Headset and play it again in VR mode. Can't recommend the game enough if you are after a good scare. That basement door always gives me the chills when looking at it from the top of the stairs lol.
Puzzles were alright, not difficult but kinda kept on the RE formula of go get x item from across the house and bring it back to this room, making you backtrack throughout the areas.
I am still to play the DLCs and looking forward to them as there seems to be quite a number of extra episodes added.

If you ever put this down because of the 1st person view just do yourself a favour and go play it. The 1st person view limits your field of view so every time you turn around a corner or turn back it will add to the scare effect.

Zombie Army 4

1618186250455.png
1618186243613.png
1618186234815.png
1618186228666.png

Originally picked this up when it was first released but it was around the time that id sorta gone off gaming so I think I played one or two levels and then didn't bother :whistle:
Anyway, the giving up on gaming didn't last long, I was soon back playing more and more than I have in years :thumbs:

Was going to pick this up again and it then it ends up on Gamepass which is brilliant :rofl:

Been a big fan of Rebellions games over the years so most of what I've played of theirs has been great including this :thumbs::D Started on the Campaign the other night properly and got through it rather quickly which was a little bit of a shame, only took me the one night but it was for a good few solid hours :rofl:

I'm not really an online gamer when it comes to the shooters, but with this and Sniper Elite I actually quite enjoy the online modes and at times have been sucked into hours of playing them.

Would love to see a fifth to this :thumbs::D

Attachments

• 1618186189068.png
    1618186189068.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1618186194159.png
    1618186194159.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 1618186198642.png
    1618186198642.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 1618186213860.png
    1618186213860.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 135
Battlefield 1 Multiplayer : 3/5 - would give more but I'm sure there are cheaters, but still pretty fun.
Stygian - Reign of the Old Ones : 4/5 - Great Lovecraftian game.

Both on PC and Steam.

Reactions: Nightbreed1984
Battlefield 1 Multiplayer : 3/5 - would give more but I'm sure there are cheaters, but still pretty fun.
Stygian - Reign of the Old Ones : 4/5 - Great Lovecraftian game.

Both on PC and Steam.
I never understand why people cheat. It completely takes the fun out of the experience. For me the challenge is part of the enjoyment, I can't imagine cheating in any game.

I never understand why people cheat. It completely takes the fun out of the experience. For me the challenge is part of the enjoyment, I can't imagine cheating in any game.

This ! I once "saw" player in Battlefield that was otherwise invisible, but his/hers gun was showing. I mean what's the point and fun ???
View attachment 503599
Unfortunately, all of these shooters are full of twats and their multiple cheats to get them the highest score and ranks.
Saying that though a lot of other multiplayer games like Forza and that are no different.
Haven't personally bothered with multiplayer for some time due to this type of thing, I don't see any point in the cheating personally as I wouldn't feel that id earned it but these kids are from a different gaming generation to me so I don't understand most of what they do on these games nowadays :cautious: :rofl:

073732.jpg

The Walking Dead Collection - 4/5

Overall a very good collection and if you are a fan of the Telltale Game Series then I definitely recommend this one. You can choose to carry on with the story from the previous season every time you start a new season or just start from scratch. I don't know how starting from scratch would be as I chose to carry on from my previous saves. After all, that's why I wanted to play the game to let me choose what characters to carry on with and have my choices impact the story. The game itself is more story/choice oriented rather than action. I don't think the final outcome of every season is going to be much different though but there's certain points in the game where you can choose to part with some characters or stick with them.

First Season - 4/5
Good introduction to the series, it creates a solid foundation to carry on playing. Story has a lot of meaning and gives you the opportunity to care for another character and be it's protector throughout the undead infested world. It offers this parental feeling knowing that every decision you take will also be seen by a younger person so you kinda want to see the child learn from your decisions and show empathy as well where possible.

Season Two - 2/5
Not my favourite to be honest. I haven't felt a strong connection to it's characters. Also in the beginning I had to meet a full cast of new characters and even more new characters are introduced throughout the episodes. I just had a hard time connecting to other characters and ended up with many of them not making it to the end. Had to play from the young girl's perspective so it felt a bit off-putting knowing I had to decide in a group of grown ups.

A New Frontier - 5/5
I loved this one! And even though it also throws a new story and new characters at you I had a good time connecting with them. Maybe because throughout the story it keeps offering you flashbacks of their life before the undead infestation.
I also enjoyed to see Clementine (The little girl from Season 1) be more mature and badass in this season. Can't wait to play The Final Season and see where her story goes.

Michonne Mini-Series - 5/5
This one has no absolute relation to the previous 3 seasons but Michonne is so cool tempered and badass in all these situations the game puts you in that I enjoyed every moment of it. I think the fact that I chose to be cold towards the other characters I met throughout the series helped be decisive in certain situations. Maybe in final episode I started to care a bit for the people in the group, especially the children. But loved to beat the crap out of the rival group lol.

Will be playing Final Season sometime in the near future but I have to purchase that one separately as it's not included in this collection so will see when I find it for a decent price. Started RE Village meanwhile anyway :)

iu

Resident Evil Village - 5/5

Amazing! This might be a bit of a biased review since I'm a Resident Evil fan but absolutely loved the game. Finished it multiple times and finally got the Platinum achievement the other day.
This was a really good release that took advantage of the PS5 features and the whole game visuals and sound effects are very immersive. I played it with a headset first time around from start to finish and I think the 3D audio is a huge leap with this game.
I would say the game is more action oriented compared to what people remember Resident Evil games to be but that doesn't mean it was bad. It had a good mix of enemy types and bosses and considering it has lycans and vampires you would expect a little bit of an increase in gameplay speed. The game was split in 5 areas with one main area where you would return every time and 4 different areas that had their personal touch to the game and their own enemies/bosses. There's also mini-bosses every here and there so there's definitely a good amount of combat to get through. Puzzles exist as well but I found them to be quite linear with the story so it's more of a "don't get lost" kind of thing rather than "solve the puzzle". I know some players had trouble with some areas that are built like a maze and they had a hard time finding their way around but I think it wasn't that bad. There was also a sense of connection to some of the antagonists in the story which seems to be a new thing Capcom is introducing so I hope they keep doing it in the future.
Overall the game offers good scare moments, good action and good audio and visuals!

As a bonus to all this, Capcom brought back a Mercenaries Mode which I find it's the best feature of the game. Basically it's multiple mini-levels that you need to finish in an x amount of time and keep your bonus and kill streak higher in order to achieve a better rank. It's very challenging and offers good replay value and even after getting the Trophy related rank I found myself going back to it in order to get a better rank/score.

Definitely recommend this game! Very good replay value overall with choices in difficulty and challenge and a good scare/action experience story-wise. Looking forward to part 3 of this trilogy, whenever that would be!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
iu

Elden Ring - 5/5

Easily GOTY for me. I Platinumed the game the other day and I booked in 320 hours in total. What it might sound like a lot of time dedicated to the game, it's actually not that bad. It didn't feel like a chore. I didn't even chase the Platinum, it just happened naturally by enjoying the game to it's fullest. Maybe 20% of the time is not actual game time as I had a lot of AFK while waiting to be summoned and help other players with bosses, but still at 200+ hours it feels like a really good deal. And best thing is no extra payments are required for ridiculous extra items and DLCs. Pay for the standard game and have a blast for hundreds of hours.

It's probably also the easiest souls-like game out there. It lets you go at your own pace and explore and get stronger. The accomplishment of surpassing all the challenges are something worth playing for and offer a lot of satisfaction. The quests system might be confusing for some and rightfully so. It doesn't really point you in the right direction, and took me a while to notice the big hole in the ground after defeating Radahn (Which now is fixed anyway and puts a sign on the map), but I still believe the game can be finished without any guides. Some of the side quests might require some reading though.

To me it was really a fresh take on the open world as I was getting really tired with the same style of Assassin's Creed, Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon and I find exploring was rewarding and mysterious rather than tiresome. It got a good amount of bosses and mini-bosses to test your skills and patience, a decent amount of builds depending on how you want to play the game.

Am I done with the game? Not really, and I still want to test different builds and challenge myself to no hit kills with the bosses which means I still have hundreds of hours to put into it.
I definitely recommend and even if it feels daunting at first because of difficulty, explore and get stronger. It gets much easier the more you explore and grow your character.

iu

Elden Ring - 5/5

Easily GOTY for me. I Platinumed the game the other day and I booked in 320 hours in total. What it might sound like a lot of time dedicated to the game, it's actually not that bad. It didn't feel like a chore. I didn't even chase the Platinum, it just happened naturally by enjoying the game to it's fullest. Maybe 20% of the time is not actual game time as I had a lot of AFK while waiting to be summoned and help other players with bosses, but still at 200+ hours it feels like a really good deal. And best thing is no extra payments are required for ridiculous extra items and DLCs. Pay for the standard game and have a blast for hundreds of hours.

It's probably also the easiest souls-like game out there. It lets you go at your own pace and explore and get stronger. The accomplishment of surpassing all the challenges are something worth playing for and offer a lot of satisfaction. The quests system might be confusing for some and rightfully so. It doesn't really point you in the right direction, and took me a while to notice the big hole in the ground after defeating Radahn (Which now is fixed anyway and puts a sign on the map), but I still believe the game can be finished without any guides. Some of the side quests might require some reading though.

To me it was really a fresh take on the open world as I was getting really tired with the same style of Assassin's Creed, Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon and I find exploring was rewarding and mysterious rather than tiresome. It got a good amount of bosses and mini-bosses to test your skills and patience, a decent amount of builds depending on how you want to play the game.

Am I done with the game? Not really, and I still want to test different builds and challenge myself to no hit kills with the bosses which means I still have hundreds of hours to put into it.
I definitely recommend and even if it feels daunting at first because of difficulty, explore and get stronger. It gets much easier the more you explore and grow your character.
Good to know, I really didn't know that much about the game to actually buy it. Will probably try and pick this up now. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Thoth
Hello, Just joined this site...But last new game i played was Farcry 6. That game's path nearly corrupted my whole ps 4.deleted it within one day....if there anything lower than
Half Ninja = Terrible
halfn-png.127233
? Game was total unplayable.froze every 2 seconds and the lagtime....sheesh

Reactions: tridon
iu

Tormented Souls 4/5

Lovely game! For anyone longing for the old Resident Evil/Silent Hill games this is a very good alternative. I could see how the game won't be appealing to all masses since it's a fixed camera controls video game, but for those who still want to experience the nostalgia of old games with really nice graphics and atmosphere, then I definitely recommend. It's also cheap to grab and can be finished easily in couple of hours. Offers a good replay value as the trophies are similar to resident evil type and requires you to beat game without saving, without healing and so on. Puzzles are spot on with a lot of backtracking and thinking over. I did actually get stuck once and had to google the solution but overall I would say puzzles make sense and can be solved if you are into them. I love the horrific monsters that are encountered throughout the mansion and they do give Silent Hill vibes, but my only complaint and why it's not getting a 5/5 is because combat is not challenging. There's enough resources to kill everything and there's no difficulty settings to be able to make it harder. But other than that it was a really good experience. I replayed it 3 times to get my Platinum and now I'm sad there is no more challenges or runs to do. I hope they will continue making games in this style and wish more people would give it a chance.

Steelrising.jpg

Steelrising - 3.5/5

This was better than I expected and it's a very good alternative to those that can't get into soulslike games. The formula is somehow similar, but at the same time far away from soulslikes. And why I say far away is because there is a difficulty settings where you can just play through the game without suffering any damage. I'm not too sure why someone would do that as the story itself is not the best, but I assume it's like a crutch to turn on and off for those that get stuck with some of the game areas. I personally found it very manageable, with a slow pace in the beginning where you had to pay attention to enemy attacks and patterns but once you start to become strong it's not as punishing as early game. Saying that, I realize the combat is not the most satisfying and it soon become repetitive with a mix of dodge and hit style. What I found very fresh and attractive was the whole atmosphere/setting of the French Revolution period with intricate architecture inside buildings, very shiny objects, sculptures and so on. It felt at times as if I was walking through a museum. (And you are at some point when playing the Louvre part.) I actually stopped in game to take screenshots which I rarely do with games. I also loved the idea of automats as enemies and it felt different from the zombie/demon formula these games usually use. They look and move clunky just as a mechanical robot would but the let down is the combat itself where it becomes easy enough to predict.
The weapon design/system is interesting and they all come with some special ability or function that adds a bonus or effects to your attacks. I found freeze to be a bit broken early game as you can technically freeze-lock enemies and then land a charged melee as long as you can farm enough bullets. Most of the game I just relied on my fully upgraded halberd which has a good range and knockback. I do want to play it again as an Agility build as it looks interesting but will probably do that sometime next year as I already played through the game three times and I want a break.
Overall it was an enjoyable experience and I'm glad there's more studios coming out with such RPG games. While a lot of critics end up criticising poor attempts to mirror the soulslike genre I am hoping these experiences will lead studios to create better and better games. Compared to GreedFall, this game seems to be a vast improvement so hopefully this means Spiders Studio will improve on every future release. (I have not personally played GreedFall but it's what I heard and read through other comments.)
I would recommend giving it a try, if combat doesn't appeal to you the setting itself and art direction will help pull you along.​

Reactions: hatredhorror
Stray (2022)
full.pngfull.pngfull.pngfull.pngfull.png

This was right up my alley! I can't game for long nowadays because I get really bad headaches from it, so this was perfect since it's fairly short and chilled (for the most part).